Sign in to follow this  
Mangrey

so how do i play this Hipper ?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Im playing the hipper in ranked and i dont really know to play it ..... 

I cant see ANY good about it ..... no armor, no speed, no manuverability, slow firing speed, crap DET, no smoke, no repair, to few cannons and fire range is to short 

it is like it needs some thing .... but what ..... ?

the roon and hundenburg have there range ..... and fast fire rate.... but the hipper ... didnt get any thing 

mang

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,045 battles

Im playing the hipper in ranked and i dont really know to play it ..... 

there is no room for Hipper in ranked, end of story.

In random there is no problem with it, you are just playing wrong mode with Hipper

17km range is short ? ehm...

Alpha Tester, Players
5,135 posts

hey ho mate :) well hipper not rly good for ranked , u better get chapajev thats a gem , even mogami can do better ten hippy

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles

Don't play Admiral Hipper or Prinz Eugen in ranked UNLESS you feel very comfortable with them :) I just hate the categorical exclusion of ships just because their consumables don't apply to mainstream preference. They are both strong ships and they CAN play their part in any fleet thanks to their versatility. I agree they are facing tough opposition though.

Cruiser meta in ranked dictates playing Atago, Chapayev or Kutuzov but these are ships I would never use for such games simply because I don't feel comfortable with these nations' cruiser ergonomics.

@Topic itself: Hipper has become my favourite ship. So far I have not experienced a better armor scheme on any cruiser I played. Range of almost 18 km is probably the best of all 203mm guns around her tier, dispersion is non-existent (railgun accuracy), and your reload is faster than NO and Atago. With concealment module and CE you have a small invis fire zone. Not much by itself but it means you can disengage very quickly if you feel the need. The turrets turn very quickly and allow you to stay on target even when hunting Russian destroyers. AA suite is okay for self defense but watch planes carefully. Might consider taking DF consumable but I prefer German hydro to spot incoming torps for my team and hunt ships in smoke. AP is your friend but don't underestimate your HE either. You are no flamethrower like Kutuzov but your HE is stronger than people care to admit.

Just cruise the seas, keep the enemy at 15 km (to dodge effectively), hammer shells on them as your penetration is very good. Basically, you are a mini-Tirpitz.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this