OOAndreasOO

Remove Minotaur pls

19 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,919 battles

Dear WG, remove this stupid invented spaceship:

1 - Real HMS Minotaur were completely different by what you insert in game (completely different armament)

2 - A rotation turret of 38°/sec is impossible, even for moderns automatic super-fast light guns. And it make impossible to stay inside for gunners and loaders.

I'd like to play a game with REAL or REALLY PROJECTED ships....Not a game with INVENTED ships!!!!!!

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
1,878 posts
11,407 battles

This Turrets are, as far as I know, autoloaded, so there is no loader or gunner in this turrets.

Well this Ships isn't the HMS Minotaur its a project and have only the same Name cause in the blueprints its called so...

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,027 battles

1 - Real HMS Minotaur were completely different by what you insert in game (completely different armament)

lol, srsly ?:facepalm:

on the other hand, can you show us, where did the Minotaur touched you ?

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

2 - A rotation turret of 38°/sec is impossible, even for moderns automatic super-fast light guns. And it make impossible to stay inside for gunners and loaders.

I'd like to play a game with REAL or REALLY PROJECTED ships....Not a game with INVENTED ships!!!!!!

You are getting your ships mixed up. The Minotaur in game was a cancelled project, although her guns were real and were fitted to HMS Tiger. The HMS Minotaur you are thinking of is the 1943 version which was a development of the Crown Colony Class (i.e. Fiji)
  • Cool 4

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Man....

Every time I hear moan about DDs I say "play them, find their potency and weaknesses and use it against them".

This apply to Minotaur as well.

While I still hate smoke spam - smoke should be defensive not offensive weapon.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

....smoke should be defensive not offensive weapon.

No, smoke should be used whenever it will give you an advantage over your adversary. This can be:-

• defensive ie tactical withdrawal (the RN never retreat!!)
  • subterfuge ie to hide the action of your allies, keep the enemy guessing
  • offensive ie making use of someone spotting (Caveat: may result in shouts of "Unfair plane, he kemp smoke")

To limit yourself to just defensive really restricts what you can do for your team.

• Cool 3

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

To limit yourself to just defensive really restricts what you can do for your team.

Yeah I watched OMNI tournament.

4BBs, 2 CA and 1DD in smoke.

Yes, super dynamic games.

I like to play teamwise. I often help others etc. But smoke-camping is not making this game better.

I think smoke should be deffensive in a way "damn, I am in a bad spot, I had to regroup, puff".

Shoting from smoke would make you visible for 5 sec (not 20 sec).

And after that (and even more balance) most of ships could have smoke.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,911 battles

you are correct 38’ is wrong the real turret rotation as on HMS Tiger is 40’ a second

Ignoring fact that the other 2 have 8inch guns and not 6.

But you are correct WG have F*ckud up the guns in game on HMS Monitor unmodified reload 3.2sec, unmodified turret ration 180’ in 4.7 secs

Turret as Designed and fitted on HMS tiger

Rotion 40’ a second so 180’ in 4.5secs max rate of fire 20 rounds a min so 1 every 3 secs

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_6-50_mkN5.php

• Cool 5

Players
1,008 posts

While I still hate smoke spam - smoke should be defensive not offensive weapon.

​I agree completely with that. For too long now, DD's have just sat in smoke and smugly fired away, while slowly shuffling back and forth in the smoke. As a consequence, there are far too many timid cruiser players willing to 'smoke them out' (no pun intended). If having radar fitted to some (should be limited to how many though, certainly not all) cruisers to get them moving, then great. Battles should be dynamic, you shouldn't be able to just sit and shoot, you should have to move and relocate, try to flank etc. Smoke is there to give you a chance to get you out of the sh!t when in trouble. 

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,486 battles

​I agree completely with that. For too long now, DD's have just sat in smoke and smugly fired away, while slowly shuffling back and forth in the smoke. As a consequence, there are far too many timid cruiser players willing to 'smoke them out' (no pun intended). If having radar fitted to some (should be limited to how many though, certainly not all) cruisers to get them moving, then great. Battles should be dynamic, you shouldn't be able to just sit and shoot, you should have to move and relocate, try to flank etc. Smoke is there to give you a chance to get you out of the sh!t when in trouble. 

Smoke is just fine. Torp it. Radar it. In one words. Ltp. 

And most important. Ussualy from smoke dies solo yolo warriors. Other just let 30 torps in smoke or radar it and blow away sitting duck. 

Also when you see smoke. And do not have radar or torps - run away for 90 seconds

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,678 posts
9,234 battles

[laughs in engineer]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_100_mm_naval_gun

40°/s

Designed from 1953 to 1961.

Didn't have to go far to find that example, it's from a 1960's refit of a destroyer museum ship anchored not 5km away from where I'm sitting right now. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

please read through this thread and see your mistakes :)

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Hmm, indeed. Let's see:

4 x 230mm

24 x 180mm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/HMSminotaur.jpg

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,678 posts
9,234 battles

Hmm, indeed. Let's see:

4 x 230mm

24 x 180mm

[snip]

I know, right.

But wait, it gets better.

USS Phoenix:

USS_Phoenix_%28SSN-702%29.jpg

Submarines confirmed!!

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
Your argument about the ship is flawed due to forum members kindly showing you where you are completely wrong. As such, this thread will now be closed.
  • Cool 1