OOAndreasOO

New frontiers for the trash

14 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,881 battles

If you think your IJN or USN cruisers were trash...now they are trash of the trash.

WG has invented a new frontier for a OP ship: The Minotaur :angry:

You have a Zao and think to be stealth?....No more: Minotaur is more stealth

You have a Des Moines and think to have a great ROF?....No more: Minotaur has a greatest ROF

...and what about turrets rotation?....I think about poor servents and gunners inside Minotaur turrets: they have to feel like in a luna-park carousel: 180° in 4 sec....hahahaha....Pls give me the bag for vomit...DIZZINESS!!!! :nerv_fish:

P.S.

For WG information:

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otobreda_76/62

OTO melara automatic gun 76 mm, one of fastetst modern automatic gun (without loaders and gunners inside) has a rotation of 180° in 5 sec.

Then, dear WG, dont joke with us.

Edited by OOAndreasOO

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,308 posts
9,063 battles

This is surely not a 'brit ships are OP' thread is it? Or am I imagining things? Well, I've obviously not got the minotaur, but if it is OP perhaps it could spread some of it's good fortune to the lower tier brit ships, they need all the help they can get.

• Cool 6

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
693 posts
12,417 battles

You have a Des Moines and think to have a great ROF?....No more: Minotaur has a greatest ROF

...and what about turrets rotation?....I think about poor servents and gunners inside Minotaur turrets: they have to feel like in a luna-park carousel: 180° in 4 sec....hahahaha....Pls give me the bag for vomit...DIZZINESS!!!! :nerv_fish:

P.S.

For WG information:

OTO melara automatic gun 76 mm, one of fastetst modern automatic gun (without loaders and gunners inside) has a rotation of 180° in 5 sec.

United Kingdom / Britain 6"/50 (15.2 cm) QF Mark N5

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,717 battles

I live in hope that one day Andreas will say something positive about this game.  Every day it is a new complaint.  If I had that many complaints about a game I would probably stop playing it and find something I enjoyed more...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,893 battles

Ignoring fact that the other 2 have 8inch guns and not 6.

But you are correct WG have [edited] up the guns in game on HMS Monitor unmodified reload 3.2sec, unmodified turret ration 180’ in 4.7 secs

Turret as Designed and fitted on HMS tiger

Rotion 40’ a second so 180’ in 4.5secs max rate of fire 20 rounds a min so 1 every 3 secs

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_6-50_mkN5.php

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

Players
15 posts
4,569 battles

I got the Minotaur,, and it's far from OP!

If anything,, are Zao/DM more OP, DM does what Mino is trying to do, but doing it much easier IMO.

Just go bow/angel on and Mino is completely useless

Players
3,545 posts
7,307 battles

If you think your IJN or USN cruisers were trash...now they are trash of the trash.

WG has invented a new frontier for a OP ship: The Minotaur :angry:

You have a Zao and think to be stealth?....No more: Minotaur is more stealth

P.S.

For WG information:

Minotaur is OP only when she catches you with pants down... Something Des Moines can do just as well. And every DM vs Mino encounter so far ended with utter destruction of the latter. While former suffers hearing disorders from all them shells glancing off the bow:P

Players
401 posts
3,204 battles

Don't think much of it, met one in a Hipper and tanked most of the damage by just going bow on.

Edited by Ryuuteimaru

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,229 battles

I disagree with the thread title.

Opening post is just a regular trash post, and not very creative at that.

No new frontiers there...

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

Some salient points from the link:-

• Rate Of Fire 15 - 20 rounds per minute
  • Quotes from "The Turret Captain on HMS Tiger" provided by Darrell Williams:
    "The weight of the rotating structure is 171 tons; each gun weighing 7 tons. The mounting can train at 40 degrees per second, a speed it achieves from standstill in less than 2 seconds."
  • Projectile Types and Weights:- AP - 129.75 lbs. (58.9 kg)
  •                                                  HE - 132.00 lbs. (59.9 kg)   [though I've no idea what this could be!!]

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,430 battles

Reading the above description WG have slightly undercooked those guns, the turret turn time is slower than it should be and base ROF is a little slower as well.

Basically there were no guys in those turrets, autoloader and radar guided. 

and IIRC the proposed Minataur class was basically a 1950s Atlanta designed to defend against early Jets, hence the insane ROF and turret speed, basically pump as much flak into the air as possible and able to track fast moving turrets.

Let's also not forget you can completely negate the Minataur's damage output by just turning, you can't do that to a Zao or DM. 

Edited by tajj7

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

If you have a constructive point to make, then make it, we don't need all this 'trash' talk.

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics