You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pincopallino945

Karma? What is it?

18 comments in this topic

Players
105 posts
15,722 battles

Someone sayd to me that we have a karma and this is displayed by a number near our nickname.

I gave a look in my profile table in Service Records and I have seen a small number "0".

Is this my karma?

And what "0" does it means?

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

Yes, that is karma. 0 means your balance between compliments and 'plays poorly' reports received in and after a battle is zero, or you havent gotten any.

Edited by Nethraniel

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

It's something quite broken currently.

Compliments give karma, but I'm not exactly sure if all those others deduce it. (if above 0)

Anyway these are likely to result decrease of karma:

Nuke someone showing side with citadel hits.

Torpedo someone sailing in straight line.

Torpedo someone sitting in smoke.

RNGesus detonating enemy.

Just in general sinking someone playing badly.

And if sinked enemy belongs to division there's good chance for losing multiple karma points.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,674 posts
5,558 battles

Karma was supposed to be like a rating. Compliments make it go up. Reports make it go down.

Starts at zero. Can't drop below zero, which means that the most annoying team killer in the world will have the same rating as someone who simply doesn't stand out.

Whole system doesn't really work because most people don't use Compliments  (as it doesn't really do much beyond make a number higher), while all the idiots and ragers will spam the report button to make themselves feel better.

When you get reported the first time you wonder what you did wrong.

When you get reported for being AFK while moving at full speed you wonder what planet people live on.

When you get reported for "hax" because you shot someone sat still you find it funny.

When you fight your way down one flank, fall back and fight your way down the other flank, end up the last alive and try kiting 5 enemy ships before being reported for camping you realise the whole thing is pointless anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
236 posts
11,148 battles

karma is crap , all can fake report and your karma gone , thats how i lost 600+ karma

How could you loose 600+ karma? Show a screenshot as a proof, but not photoshoped.

Its just impossible, even if somebody would use all his reports in 1 match, but not in all matches lol :look:

Got 225+karma and I also dropped to 200 because of noobs spamming reports but I never lost all my karma.

Edited by GioIonutz

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,245 battles

I think i have never gotta more than 1 or 2 Karma. Im losing around 20 per day thou ..

• Cool 1

[NBS]
Beta Tester
249 posts
6,327 battles

I think i have never gotta more than 1 or 2 Karma. Im losing around 20 per day thou ..

Let me guess ... you play allot of BBs and tend to chase a lone BB into the corner of the map :D ?

Thats what usually gets people reported.

[SCRUB]
922 posts
11,245 battles

Let me guess ... you play allot of BBs and tend to chase a lone BB into the corner of the map :D ?

Thats what usually gets people reported.

No, i sink people. THATS what gets you reported :P

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

No, i sink people. THATS what gets you reported :P

Considering what I've seen from you in the random today I think that trash talking is definitely the reason why you get reported.

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Someone sayd to me that we have a karma and this is displayed by a number near our nickname.

I gave a look in my profile table in Service Records and I have seen a small number "0".

Is this my karma?

And what "0" does it means?

​It means the amount of tears dropping into the ocean from enemy ships you kill. I'm at 2 which I was quite surprised about, I guess the new players don't no how to deduct these points yet. Lower the number the better job you are doing.
Edited by Venatacia

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Karma was supposed to be like a rating. Compliments make it go up. Reports make it go down.

Starts at zero. Can't drop below zero, which means that the most annoying team killer in the world will have the same rating as someone who simply doesn't stand out.

Whole system doesn't really work because most people don't use Compliments  (as it doesn't really do much beyond make a number higher), while all the idiots and ragers will spam the report button to make themselves feel better.

When you get reported the first time you wonder what you did wrong.

When you get reported for being AFK while moving at full speed you wonder what planet people live on.

When you get reported for "hax" because you shot someone sat still you find it funny.

When you fight your way down one flank, fall back and fight your way down the other flank, end up the last alive and try kiting 5 enemy ships before being reported for camping you realise the whole thing is pointless anyway.

​Very funny indeed. Your last one, that happened to me this very eve. Just that I left them to their doom and didn't help them one bit when I caught back up with them on the other side of the map, they left the cap open and the enemy capped our asses. I could of help but was soo annoyed with their silly mistake which was mentioned but ignored. Funny how they start talking when it's going tits up, then start blaming others like myself for their stupidity.

[SCRUB]
922 posts
11,245 battles

Considering what I've seen from you in the random today I think that trash talking is definitely the reason why you get reported.

Well i gotta use my time that im not chatbanned. Lasted 3 hours for today, got chatbanned again after playing only 3 rounds, so you dont have to listen to me rant about noobs for a day again :)