You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FooFaFie

ARP Takao

40 comments in this topic

[_XII_]
Players
323 posts
2,495 battles

Will we ever see the ARP Takao  on the EU server? Now that we have the containers-system.

Or did I miss it. I don't see it in the stats. I see it between the Russian and the Asia stats.

Players
453 posts

An Atago with blue skin, right ?

:great:

Probably, but it could also be a slightly modified ship. Prinz Eugen's stats aren't identical to the Hipper (just very close), ARP Takao could be different because it'd be exactly the same as what the tech tree Takao will/would be.

We won't know until it drops.

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles

I hope the ARP mission for Takao is not going to be (another) Hiei + Takao. It would be nice to get ARP Kongo or ARP Haruna + ARP Takao.

Players
1,071 posts
8,171 battles

Probably, but it could also be a slightly modified ship. Prinz Eugen's stats aren't identical to the Hipper (just very close), ARP Takao could be different because it'd be exactly the same as what the tech tree Takao will/would be.

Modified or not, if you check out asian or russian streams with ranked battles and how popular this ship is, it must be amazing. :D

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,049 posts
29,707 battles

If it's a reskinned Atago then that would be really great. Waiting for that ship!

Players
3,571 posts
7,331 battles

If it's a reskinned Atago then that would be really great. Waiting for that ship!

Because it is reskinned Atago. Though Takao won't have increased income or discounted repairs, just "regular" T8 cruiser economy.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Because it is reskinned Atago. Though Takao won't have increased income or discounted repairs, just "regular" T8 cruiser economy.

Kamikaze R was a price from event. After it ends there was a chance to buy her in shop. And it is good.

Atago is payship and very expensive. And you could get a reskin for free. This is not right.

Players
3,571 posts
7,331 battles

Kamikaze R was a price from event. After it ends there was a chance to buy her in shop. And it is good.

Atago is payship and very expensive. And you could get a reskin for free. This is not right.

But "free reskin" doesn't have premium benefits you're paying for - income and captain training (though technically it can train other Apreggio captains, but there is little use for them)

Players
378 posts
3,401 battles

I thought that Takao would be ARP Mogami

Based on what we see on the other servers it is literally an blue Atago, heal and all. The only difference is that it isn't premium or Japanese , i.e. No boosted credit gain, no free training of Japanese captains,(you can train other ARP captains though). I don't know if they got rid of the whole "no camo for ARP" thing which could potentially mean that ARP takao will have a higher detection range than atago

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles

I hope WG will add the option to sell those ARP ships.....

Or... give us the option to disable the ARP missions.....

Funny to see how people complain if f.e. something on a ship is not "historically" correct, but they don't complain about these clown/cartoon/kid skins. :popcorn:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

Funny to see how people complain if f.e. something on a ship is not "historically" correct, but they don't complain about these clown/cartoon/kid skins. :popcorn:

I have absolutely no reason to complain about free ships.

Players
277 posts
11,510 battles

We all know that the cost of supplying a premium ship comes nowhere close to the price that is charged in the shop, but it's possible to 'suspend our disbelief' when they're not available any other way. Once WG starts handing them out trivially, it's hard not to feel like you've been duped by paying for one. In my case, I feel silly for buying Texas now that they hand it out to anyone who accepts a referral. The solution I'd like to see is a blanket cost reduction in the cost of premiums in the shop, rather than WG toning down their limited generosity.

The difference being that you can turn off the ARP ships if you wish, but there is no such option for any other errors. Personally, I'd like to be able to use the ARP ships with the vanilla skin, but if the shiny paintjob is the cost of two free port slots, I'm not complaining.

Players
590 posts

What, so there weren't any Japanese cruisers that were painted in luminous pink and captained by squeeky voiced teenagers in World War II?

[_XII_]
Players
323 posts
2,495 battles

Like already said. If you look at the RU server the Takao is massively popular in ranked battle. It's seems to be the most played  ship in Ranked battle. So it should be a good ship.

urB7DqC.png

I'm just asking because i'm thinking of getting the Atago. But if there is still a possibility of grinding for a free ship. I would go for that option. Even on sale it's still to much money for a pixel ship. In my opinion. 

Edited by FooFaFie

Players
3,571 posts
7,331 battles

Like already said. If you look at the RU server the Takao is massively popular in ranked battle. It's seems to be the most played  ship in Ranked battle. So it should be a good ship.

urB7DqC.png

I'm just asking because i'm thinking of getting the Atago. But if there is still a possibility of grinding for a free ship. I would go for that option. Even on sale it's still to much money for a pixel ship. In my opinion. 

If you just want good ship, wait for Takao missions. If you want the same ship, but utilize your IJN cruiser captain and make some monies, go for Atago.

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
5,650 battles

Wow, ppl are afraid their premium ship is not going to be so exclusive any more? Instead of getting a free ship? Just wow... you paid for the benefits of the ship, not for exclusiveness! As stated, the premium ship has a lot of other bonuses. That is what you pay for(think prinz eugen/hipper), not for the exclusiveness. Really, the utter selfishness can be quite amazing in today's society. And atago/takao really should be in the jap line more than mogami, but without heal it would probably just feel like an uptiered myoko, and it would most like give raise to another complant thread(as evidenced by the ppl here, it's simply impossible to please everyone).

disclaimer:already own atago, but i'd still like takao missions, tyvm.

Players
104 posts
6,547 battles

The no manga mod is my favorite mod!:teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

Correct me of I am wrong... the condition for ARP Takao was about 40k base XP on ASIA server? I cant wrap my head around it ... is that more grinding than lets say ARP Ishigara/Haguro that we had?

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

I hope the ARP mission for Takao is not going to be (another) Hiei + Takao. It would be nice to get ARP Kongo or ARP Haruna + ARP Takao.

why not ARP Takao + ARP Maya?

seriously why not maya-waifu?

• Cool 1

Players
3,571 posts
7,331 battles

why not ARP Takao + ARP Maya?

seriously why not maya-waifu?

Maya might not fit due to her identity crisis, between being basically a trojan in anime and decent secondary character in manga.

Also weren't in some QA confirmed Takao to be last of Arpeggio, with Haifuri taking as next year "collaboration"?

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Maya might not fit due to her identity crisis, between being basically a trojan in anime and decent secondary character in manga.

Also weren't in some QA confirmed Takao to be last of Arpeggio, with Haifuri taking as next year "collaboration"?

damn...

I guess worst comes to worst I can add her with mods, although that would be really disappointing...