You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
yXOLAXy

ships crew

8 comments in this topic

[X-MAS]
Players
167 posts

I would like to open a discussion on the fact that having only the captain in this game is not credible, and unrealistic given that the crew of a war ship could go from a few hundred members to miles of members.
Obviously no one claims to have 1000 members of the crew to train, but as in all military hierarchies, each zone receiving orders, but there was a manager for each area of the ship, such as the engine room, or to the system attendant crew of the main battery charging or the anti-aircraft defense system, even the helmsman had a role than those had to do with the pointing system (unfortunately is in Italian,  https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparecchio_di_punteria_generale   , so it goes without saying that it was a aimassist) and other vital roles unknown to me.

It would be conceivable the possibility to enter other crew members where there is one representative for various departments.
I ask a constructive dubattito and if the topic does not interest you then avoided to respond and turn your attention to other posts.

Edited by yXOLAXy

Players
158 posts
2,419 battles

They have multiple crew in WoT, but WoT also has more skills to choose from so revamping the entire WoWs skill tree for the sake of adding more crew members purely for the sake of realism would be a waste of time and resources.  If it aint broke don't fix it.  But they do need to revamp some of the skills as there isn't much choice.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

That suggestion got shot down by WG due to adding complexity to the game, which is sad, as i like the idea.

They said however, that they will rework the captain skills at some point.

[X-MAS]
Players
167 posts

They have multiple crew in WoT, but WoT also has more skills to choose from so revamping the entire WoWs skill tree for the sake of adding more crew members purely for the sake of realism would be a waste of time and resources.  If it aint broke don't fix it.  But they do need to revamp some of the skills as there isn't much choice.

certainly I did not mean a type WOT system, where the incapacitation of a member of the crew is a normal thing, considering that 90% of players use cheat for the auto-aim (perhaps I exaggerate ??)
then going to exclude this factor of having to cure or navigate maimed by a part of the crew, would be initially an aesthetic factor in the port, second, to improve the performance of the ship according to the degree of the crew member training.

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

I opened this suggestion a while ago. Didn't find much support then. But I am still highly infavor of this idea. Something like the captain skills: giving some more speed, turret traverse, faster reload time, faster plane servicing etc.

[X-MAS]
Players
167 posts

That suggestion got shot down by WG due to adding complexity to the game, which is sad, as i like the idea.

They said however, that they will rework the captain skills at some point.

for sure in the reality of a naval battle there was not anything so simplified as in this game.
then make a system as close to reality, but trying not to overturn what already exists, would only enhance the realistic look that so extolled.

[X-MAS]
Players
167 posts

I opened this suggestion a while ago. Didn't find much support then. But I am still highly infavor of this idea. Something like the captain skills: giving some more speed, turret traverse, faster reload time, faster plane servicing etc.

In fact, I think some skills now assigned to the captain andrebbere excerpted and reassigned to other members perhaps by implementing a system of skill levels, as the basic training firing from lvl 1 to lvl 5, expert marksman from lvl 1 to lvl 5, and so on

Players
390 posts
6,918 battles

I would love to have more officers to mix for creating different builds for my ships, i can't see how tish would affect the game in a negative way...

Seriuosly, Having 3/4 "captains" with different skill is really too complex for most of the players?