Sign in to follow this  
SuddenLife

Immune to fire or?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
16 posts
9,706 battles

I'm just wondering whether it's a waste of time to use 'Damage control system 1' and the 'Fire Prevention' skill, because it doesn't seem to work. I have noticed that when I play my Yamato and is in close combat against Bismarck's, then Bismarck's secondary guns constantly set me on fire, despite the guns only have 9% fire chance and I have 12 % chance to prevent fire. I my opinion it should mean it would be impossible for a Bismarck's secondaries to set me on fire. 

Is it just me who don't understand how fire prevention works ?

I hope someone can help me :D

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,435 battles

Fireprevention skill is useless because it dont reduce the chance for fire 1:1 If a shell has 45% -3% dont reduce it to 43% There are topics that calculate the real gain and its rediculess low. The module on the other hand is worth it for the reduced Torp damage alone. 

[T-N-T]
Players
340 posts
5,849 battles

I'm just wondering whether it's a waste of time to use 'Damage control system 1' and the 'Fire Prevention' skill, because it doesn't seem to work. I have noticed that when I play my Yamato and is in close combat against Bismarck's, then Bismarck's secondary guns constantly set me on fire, despite the guns only have 9% fire chance and I have 12 % chance to prevent fire. I my opinion it should mean it would be impossible for a Bismarck's secondaries to set me on fire.

Is it just me who don't understand how fire prevention works ?

I hope someone can help me :D

This is not how it works. Unfortunatelly WG is not master of explaining game mechanismus (and not only WG).

There are few factors that counts. Every ship has some natural fire resistence, the higher tier the better. Than there is skill, module and flag which can reduce or increase chance. But does not work like you described, for exact formula check wiki. In general server counts all factors about fire chance, than all factors about fire resistence than compare it.

Just dont expect anything like fire imunity. Fire is main way how cruisers and destroyers deal with BBs, so there is no intention to prevent it. When speaking of skil - its not useless, its just far beyond people expectation, plus there are generally better sklil in most cases.

Edited by Dropman12

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
249 posts
14,812 battles

WG system is strange.

Bonuses to fire (flags and Demolition Expert) are flat additions. If your fire change is 8% then DE adds +3% to it, so it would be 11% (37,5% increase), same with flags. This means that for ships with high RoF and low fire change bonuses from DE and flags can be really big. Same time Yamato with her 35% fire change would only go to 38% with DE (8,6% increase).

Fire preventation works totally different manner. If you are shot by Yamato HE shell it has 35% fire change, but if you have fire prevention it is "only" 35*0,93, so 32,55%. I'm not sure if fire prevention and DMCS1 is added (35*0,88 = 30,8%) or calculated separately (35*0,93*0,95 = 30,9225%) but difference is marginal.

In addition, as others have said, there is innate fire prevention value for ships that increases with the tiers. If bonuses are added and there is high innate fire resistance, then those -5% and -7% could be more useful.

In my opinion current fire prevention bonuses are so low, that they are hardly worth it if there is anything other useful available instead.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,727 posts
6,861 battles

Damage Control 1 is still arguably the best option for a BB in that slot. The fire reduction might not be noticable, but as far as I can tell the torpedo damage reduction is a flat value. So that is worth something atleast.

Sign in to follow this