You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gulyabani

Did the Dunkerque get nerfed in 0.5.13?

24 comments in this topic

[HEYET]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
6,670 battles

Is it me or has the Dunkerque gotten a huge nerf to its aim in the last patch?

I used to do quite well with this ship, scoring citadels even at long ranges, to the point that i was starting to think maybe the ship was overpowered.

Now, since 0.5.13, there hasn't been a single game that hasn't had me pulling my hairs out at the huge inaccuracy of the ship.

By inaccuracy, i mean firing at a beached, broadside cruiser at 7.5 km and scoring a single overpen - the rest missed. Again, missing a broadside, straight sailing cruiser at 8 km. 4 times in a row. Hitting nothing at ships in the 10-12 km range. At all, no hits landed.

Anybody else experience such a thing?

Players
465 posts
5,264 battles

Yes, it has ninja nerfed accuarcy by 50% but only for certain people.

No, there was no nerf, you are just unlucky.

Edited by Msiiek

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

There have been no changes to Dunkerque. But there are always threads like these after every patch :fishpalm:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,096 battles

There have been no changes to Dunkerque. But there are always threads like these after every patch :fishpalm:

But usually regartind the Torpitz, so this is in some ways something different.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

No changes whatsoever to the Drunkirk, but i never was able to citadel a broadsiding Cruiser 5km away, but it makes up for it by citadelling BBs i haven't even shot at max range.

So, everything  is normal. :)

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

The Dunkerque is a strange beast. Amazing shell velocity but the groupings can be so trollish. I've one shotted full HO Fubukis before now with APand then other times a broadside cruiser a few km away misses nearly every shell bar one overpen lol. Thank the quad mounted guns for that :)

[CATS]
Players
14,723 posts
10,879 battles

Since the guns are that high velocity, you need some minimum distance or your get only overpens vs cruisers.

[HEYET]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
6,670 battles

Since the guns are that high velocity, you need some minimum distance or your get only overpens vs cruisers.

Thanks, that's the first logical comment yet. I have until recently played at longer ranges. Since i started missing so much i had closed to point blank range, that might be the overpen. Stll doesn't explain missing completely a ship that's filling the entire screen though :)

While i like the nice jab here & there, i made this post after discounting all the battles i had where the game said "thou shalt not win" and all the weekend madness. I experienced this sudden loss of accuracy (and only on this ship) very recently and was asking if anyone else had similar experiences. WG does stealthnerf tanks/ships, especially if they're premium. Rare but it happens and i did think the Dunkerque was a tiny bit OP when i first got it, so a nerf wouldn't be too out of place - it just feels overdone if they actually did something like that.

Players
371 posts
6,661 battles

I dont think was changed but i noticed one thing.I can pump out more damage against them latelly,i dont know if its me or the ship 

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

By inaccuracy, i mean firing at a beached, broadside cruiser at 7.5 km and scoring a single overpen - the rest missed.

Actually it feels like hitting stationary ships, especially if against island, is sometimes harder than hitting moving ship at same distance.

Multiple salvos mostly missing, either "splitting", or falling short and when you move aim that one pixel higher they fly over to that island.

So I guess it's just that "status quo" of RNG telling it's not your day.

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,483 battles

Thanks, that's the first logical comment yet. I have until recently played at longer ranges. Since i started missing so much i had closed to point blank range, that might be the overpen. Stll doesn't explain missing completely a ship that's filling the entire screen though :)

While i like the nice jab here & there, i made this post after discounting all the battles i had where the game said "thou shalt not win" and all the weekend madness. I experienced this sudden loss of accuracy (and only on this ship) very recently and was asking if anyone else had similar experiences. WG does stealthnerf tanks/ships, especially if they're premium. Rare but it happens and i did think the Dunkerque was a tiny bit OP when i first got it, so a nerf wouldn't be too out of place - it just feels overdone if they actually did something like that.

First of all, in WoWs there have been no stealth nerfs so far, at least not considerable ones.

Second, the Dunkerque certainly isn't OP and doesn't require a nerf, since she is pretty much the worst T6 battleships. She's unlucky since she sits at a tier with awesome battleships and she is still strong herself, but still.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Don't know about the Dunkerque, but why the hell does the Tirpitz only have 6km torpedo range now?

I remember being able to shoot my torpedoes at enemy ships 10km away and get hits (even got a unique pink player name skin as rewards for those skillshots!) but now they just run out well short. WG, y u nurf Tirpitz all the time!?

• Cool 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,219 battles

Don't know about the Dunkerque, but why the hell does the Tirpitz only have 6km torpedo range now?

I remember being able to shoot my torpedoes at enemy ships 10km away and get hits (even got a unique pink player name skin as rewards for those skillshots!) but now they just run out well short. WG, y u nurf Tirpitz all the time!?

Simple answer : you were drunk !!

Tirpitz always had 6km torpedoes ...

And it got buffed on armor in the last update.

Edited by NoirLotus

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,312 battles

First of all, in WoWs there have been no stealth nerfs so far, at least not considerable ones.

Second, the Dunkerque certainly isn't OP and doesn't require a nerf, since she is pretty much the worst T6 battleships. She's unlucky since she sits at a tier with awesome battleships and she is still strong herself, but still.

She sure is .. sure is .. 

2wj7cinx.jpg

Beta Tester
3,907 posts
13,842 battles

Ship

Damage/Game Winrate
Dunkerque 57.350 50%
Fuso 50.230 52%
New Mexico 49.048 57%
Warspite 48.611 56%

My stats... and I can't say I noticed any lack of firepower on the Dünkirchen since the update.

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,254 battles

...I do hope no one at WG has "fixed" something to do with dispersion on battleships and just haven't put it in the patch notes...,

Nothing has been changed to Dunk (or Gneisenau) but if there is an abnormally high number of BB dispersion complaints I will get suspicious. I remember 0.5.4. :trollface:

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,483 battles

She sure is .. sure is .. 

2wj7cinx.jpg

You realise premiums are never comparable to regular ships and that as of now, she needs a bit more games?

My opinion isn't unheard of among the better players and those stats won't change that.

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
232 posts
13,117 battles

ITT: People who have no clue ("supertesters" lol) that one of the "quick balance" fixes that WG does (and have been doing for a long time) is messing with the dispersion of ships. This is how they do their stealth nerfing people.

They always do this on the DL, From recent memory it has happened to Warspite, GK, and now, allegedly, Dunkerque. And these are only the examples where it has been noticeable. Who knows how much fuckery really takes place, patch notes never were their strong suit.

Edited by Domin1c
  • Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

The only nerf the ship received was in form of the Bayern and it's " **** you I overmatch" 380mm guns.

It wouldn't so bad, but those damn things are extremely popular, and require very precise aiming to get anything more than a bounce and overpen. Aiming isn't what a Dunkek does.

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,483 battles

ITT: People who have no clue ("supertesters" lol) that one of the "quick balance" fixes that WG does (and have been doing for a long time) is messing with the dispersion of ships. This is how they do their stealth nerfing people.

They always do this on the DL, From recent memory it has happened to Warspite, GK, and now, allegedly, Dunkerque. And these are only the examples where it has been noticeable. Who knows how much fuckery really takes place, patch notes never were their strong suit.

You know about datamining, do you? People like iku and Vaexa have been doing it for a long time, forcing WG to make their patchnotes more accurate and revealing every single change, no matter how minor it is. There's no escaping that.

Beta Tester
177 posts
5,908 battles

Anybody in need for some tin foil hats?

I have mine already, join the dark side of the tin foil hats!

f3NRn98.jpg