You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kantkantian

Tier X permanent camos are coming?

93 comments in this topic

Players
181 posts

Yes, they seem to be coming, and what is worse, they finally make obvious why did we get these very unfavourable economy chages. It's pretty obvious when you see their effects:

zAEMYD7.jpg

So yeah, want to play tier X without ever losing creds? Buy a 4k doublons camo! Make Lesta happy too! The funniest thing is that this discount doesn't include ammo costs so CVs will still be shafted by incredibly high plane replacement costs.

Yamato:

sfNf5Rb.jpg

Gearing:

P0lzx4e.jpg

Khabarovsk:

T5kn2Lj.jpg

Minotaur:

yTBu39N.jpg

Hindenburgh:

aVUSK5i.jpg

Midway:

qGwcwjM.jpg

Zao:

XuowzIr.jpg

Hakuryuu:

sjc4XkR.jpg

Moskva:

0ajwrWI.jpg

Shimakaze:

ljYjNEX.jpg

Montana:

RUsHN12.jpg

Grosser Kürfurst:

yEbkdzF.jpg

Des Moines:

KedKn3X.jpg

Almost all look horrible, but that's just me.

Edited by kantkantian

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

GK is nice, Yamato is ok-ish, Montana too the rest is blargh.

So, any idea when i'll be able to throw even more money at WG?

Edited by Jethro_Grey

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

A little birdie on reddit said the price should be around 5k

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,943 battles

Wait...ehm...where's the XP bonus? There's not going to be a XP bonus? We FINALLY are going to get these camo's and they just casually swap a 100% XP bonus you're getting at Tier IX for a -50% service cost deduction at tier X? OMG please tell me this is not the final implementation?? It is isn't it? :facepalm:

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,295 battles

Imo they are not as bad. I like the Yamato, Hindenburg and Moskva. Since Yama is my only T10 i might even go for it, because i think that all the IJN camos look crap. Moskva will be my second T10, so guess ill opt for that too when im at it.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,295 battles

Wait...ehm...where's the XP bonus? There's not going to be a XP bonus? We FINALLY are going to get these camo's and they just casually swap a 100% XP bonus you're getting at Tier IX for a -50% service cost deduction at tier X? OMG please tell me this is not the final implementation?? It is isn't it? :facepalm:

Why would you need an XP bonus for T10 ? 
  • Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

At the moment my first tier X's will be the Moskva and Minotaur followed by the Zao. Haven't even really started the bb lines other than the German one which I'm only doing for Bismarck :)

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles

Why would you need more xp if you're at t10? Even getting the last point or so on your captain isn't many battles worth at that point.

Though the price for these, as with the other premium cammos, is outrageous.

Beta Tester
128 posts
3,707 battles

Wow I love that Minotaur one! Gearing is nice too :)

Minotaur was good looking indeed. I thought Gearing was kinda meh, tho. A few dark blue fields would make it nicer.

Are there any kind of historical realism in these camo patterns? If so, why on earth did IJN use green? They intended to sail on land? :)

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,435 battles

Wow I love that Minotaur one! Gearing is nice too :)

Also like the Minotaur one, like the WOT British desert camos. 

As a concept I think this is fine, though I agree I think this should include all post battle costs, but doesn't this essentially become a one off premium account purchase? 

So, say for example you get to a point where you have a mature account and aren't doing much grinding, and you like playing your tier 10s, instead of buying a years premium you can get these permanent camos for your favourite ships?

4000 doubloons is about £13, that gets you about 2 months premium, this kind of gives you premium permanently for one ship. 

If so, why on earth did IJN use green? They intended to sail on land? :)

Maybe they were hoping people would mistake the Yamato for a small tropical island that was having a big bonfire. 

Like how the deathstar was confused with a moon. 

Edited by tajj7

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,943 battles

Why would you need an XP bonus for T10 ? 

Habit of having deep pockets I guess :hiding: I use my tier X's just as much to make xp for other lines as anything else. And yes that means converting a lot of xp to free xp. I guess that makes me a minority. Anyways, good to see them. Some look quite pretty. Others not so much but alas. Hope we'll see them go live in the near future!

Players
385 posts
8,685 battles

TX Permanent Camo:

+20% Credit Income

-10% Repair Costs

+%300 Free XP

-3% Detectability

-4% Enemy Accuracy

5000 Doubloons.

WG Please take my money!

From an earlier thread.

I still think that in addition to credits, Free XP would jusify the 5K doubloons.

Players
1,071 posts
8,185 battles

These perma camos are in general way too expensive. If they would be 500-1000 doubloons and for tier 10 about 1500 doubloon, i'd buy them for all my ships, but i will do a heck to even get one for approx 20€ a piece. It's just not worth it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,943 battles

Containers for example.

God I hadn't even thought of that. Oh-Oh-Oh...and I've ran out of facepalms for the day already? I can't take this much longer :red_button:

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

Personally I would prefer it if the premium camos gave a credit bonus (+100% to overload the bank) instead of XP. Most of the regular ships I am looking to buy premium camos for are the ships I enjoy so much that I would like to keep them, they aren't ships I'm in the middle of grinding. Give the premium ships the same bonus if this new system means that WG can no longer sell premium ships.

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Would buy the hindenschnitzel camo without hesitating.

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Good thing CV's still get the shaft, they need to go back to playing arty in WOT....looking at FTD :hiding:

Players
1,225 posts

About time! Still need to sort the boni though, these look like crap. For 5k doubloons I expect to get a little bit more out of it then this weaksauce.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,419 battles

How many credits could you convert for 5k gold?

How many games would it need to break even?

I did a post a while back on the economics of the additional premium cammo on the prinz eugen and that 10% credit bonus works out to about 200 games to break even...