You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cadelanne

Best moneymaker ?

38 comments in this topic

[-BT-]
Players
519 posts
3,401 battles

I've been getting enough XP to get Hakuryu but I lack roughly 20 M credits. I have no premium and I'm looking for the best moneymaker out there.

My port is : Zuiho / Hiryu / Taiho / Langley / Gneisenau / Nagato / Fuso / Budyonny / Wyoming / Clemson / Kiev / Ishizuchi (that has no credits bonus unfortunatly).

Any suggestion ?

Edited by Cadelanne

[-BT-]
Players
519 posts
3,401 battles

Carriers land me ridiculous amounts for very good games. High caliber + 3 kills and victory = 120k with premium. Won't do anything with this.

[EUSKA]
Beta Tester
1,365 posts
19,381 battles

Buy Bogue, play AS load out and deny the ennemy CV.

That's stupidly the best thing to do actually.

[-BT-]
Players
519 posts
3,401 battles

Bah, I'm giving up on this stupid game. 20M credits to farm for like 150k credits / game. Looks like having premium isn't enough for WG, they want me to buy tier 8 premiums and stuff.

I won't spend the price of a AAA game on a P2W t8 boat nor I'll farm relentlessly again and again. I'm supposed to have fun, not to feel like I'm at a work more boring than my actual job.

• Cool 1

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

DDs are low cost ships and if you cap/recap and do some dmg you will earn more then CV that have High Caliber, Kraken...

Players
391 posts
3,087 battles

Fuso is love. Fuso is life. Gives me a pretty bit of cash every time I played her.

But my approach is rarely to actively farm. I mostly play the ships I enjoy and new ships happen every so often.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

DDs are low cost ships and if you cap/recap and do some dmg you will earn more then CV that have High Caliber, Kraken...

Actually repair/maintenance costs aren't in any way related to how costs varied in reality between different classes.

And while capping gives good amount of XP, it doesn't give that much credits.

Credits are more related to damage done, though with different coefficients for different classes/ships.

Players
847 posts

Tier 5 and 6 seems to be best tiers for creditmaking concerning income and repair costs. The income for tier 1-4 seems to low (premium ships inculded) while tier 7+ has to high repair costs.

My experience is:

a) In BBs you need premium damage control and repair party and best camoflage for beeing able to do many good games. That costs you 70k credits each game plus BBs have high repair costs on each tier. Not good ships to really farm credits

b) DDs: With IJN Minekaze you can make good profits. You don't need premium consumables (only 8k camo cost) and can deal a lot of damage (makeing credits). But you always have those really bad games or games your torps don't hit among the fewer good ones. If you use a gunboat DD you might want to use additional premium smoke. So if you are a DD player they can do well, but are not my first choice either.

c) Cruisers: have less repair and consumable costs (i drive with best camo and prem damage control = 45k credits per game) and less repair costs than BBs. But you really need to be carefull with them. They demand quite some skill to drive them successfully.

d) CVs: I believe the shipclass where skilled players get the most advantage over an unskilled CV player. Maybe thats why their balance is so difficult. As you don't need any camo or premium consumables they are very cost effective. If you manage to deal a regular amount of 50-100k damage you will get best profit out of these tier 5-6 CVs.

Looking at your existing ships I would use them in this order:

1. Zuiho

2. Budyonny

3. Fuso or Langley depending of wich you are really good in

4. Hiryu, Kiev, Wyoming, Clemson depending of which one you are really good in.

Last but not least: If you like the game think about supporting it a little.

a) Premium ships have better income and less costs. A Murmansk doesn't cost that much and give around 50% better net income than regular tier 5 CA.

b) Buy premium. If I need credits and know that I have some hours to play during the next 24h I buy premium for a day. That doubles your net income (+50% income but same costs = ~double net income),so you will make 2-4 million credits more if you play 3-6 hours during those 24h premium. This saves 3-5 hours of your time for just ~1.10 EUR. I really sugest thinking about this if you can play for 3+ hours within a 24h period.

Edited by anonym_1YeUldJS8pjx

[-BT-]
Players
519 posts
3,401 battles

Tier 5 and 6 seems to be best tiers for creditmaking concerning income and repair costs. The income for tier 1-4 seems to low (premium ships inculded) while tier 7+ has to high repair costs.

My experience is:

a) In BBs you need premium damage control and repair party and best camoflage for beeing able to do man good games. That costs you 70k credits each game plus BBs have high repair costs on each tier. Not good ships to really farm credits

b) DDs: With IJN Minekaze you can make good profits. You don't need premium consumables (only 8k camo cost) and can deal a lot of damage (makeing credits). But you always have those really bad games or games your torps don't hit among the fewer good ones. If you use a gunboat DD you might want to use additional premium smoke. So if you are a DD player they can do well, but are not my first choice either.

c) Cruisers: have less repair and consumable costs (i drive with best camo and prem damage control = 45k credits per game) and less repair costs than BBs. But you really need to be carefull with them. They demand quite some skill to drive them successfully.

d) CVs: I believe the shipclass where skilled players get the most advantage over an unskilled CV player. Maybe thats why their balance is so difficult. As you don't need any camo or premium consumables they are very cost effective. If you manage to deal a regular amount of 50-100k damage you will get best profit out of these tier 5-6 CVs.

Looking at your existing ships I would use them in this order:

1. Zuiho

2. Budyonny

3. Fuso or Langley depending of wich you are really good in

4. Hiryu, Kiev, Wyoming, Clemson depending of which one you are really good in.

Last but not least: If you like the game think about supporting it a little.

a) Premium ships have better income and less costs. A Murmansk doesn't cost that much and give around 50% better net income than regular tier 5 CA.

b) Buy premium. If I need credits and know that I have some hours to play during the next 24h I buy premium for a day. That doubles your net income (+50% income but same costs = ~double net income),so you will make 2-4 million credits more if you play 3-6 hours during those 24h premium. This saves 3-5 hours of your time for just ~1.10 EUR. I really sugest thinking about this if you can play for 3+ hours within a 24h period.

Well first of all thanks for this detailed answer. I'll start by the last part of your post, answering you that I'm already running premium time. I also think that when you are not too short on money it's good to put some money into free to play games. That's why I sometimes buy a 30-days premium and some gold for port slots, captains and stuff like that. However, I feel that premium ships are way too overpriced for the most part. That's a single ship, and you won't make me think that 30€ or even more is a correct price for this. I'm sure that modders would design those ships for free if it was allowed by WG, and I'd be glad to give them 5€ or even 10€ per ships. But 30+€ per premium ship is a rip off.

Regarding what you answered me about the core question I'd say that I more or less know this. IJN DDs are good silver makers, so are cruisers. But tbh I noticed that it's more a rage post than anything else. I'm just bitter that I can't be rewarded with the class I play (CVs). The fact that I'm losing money while doing very good with CVs and earning credits while being mediocre at other ships piss me off.

Edited by Cadelanne

Players
847 posts

Last time I played Taiho, I get a high caliber + confederate + kraken, earnt 90k with premium. When I see someone else doing this with a cruiser he earns 500k credits and 2500 XP. I feel scamed.

Well, I don't know which setup you use.

After a month or two of no CV in my harbour I rebought the Ryujo this weekend. First game was ~100k damage and rewarded me 260k+ credits (maybe still on prem account). I have no problem with that result.

Taiho is also not good to farm credits as tier 9 is expensive.

I have maybe never achieved 500k credits in a regular ship with premium. So I assume that was a prem CA you compare with.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,986 posts
4,085 battles

If you have them then ARP Kongous are excellent moneymakers as well and don't take up any port slots either. Minekaze, Furutaka, Königsberg, and other tier 5's are quite good as well.

[AMOK]
Players
1,602 posts
7,519 battles

Simply play the ships u like and in which u perform well in. It should not be like work....have fun ...u don't need the next tier NOW.

I could buy the new ship on nearly every line i am grinding and i play every line (except CVs). So a lot of T7-8 ships ...i don´t even calculate how much i need for buyin ship and all modules because its simply not possible to afford the money in short time. And i have prem and prem ships. i'm just playin what i like and doin one after the other.

There were a lot of games where i was matched lowtier and thought "what a shitty game ...i'm really not in a hurry to progress ...."

[SLOTH]
Players
3,041 posts
5,238 battles

I see the Minekaze mentioned. Great ship, but keep in mind it'll get nerfed soon.

kamikaze R >: D

EDIT: OH FFS FORUM! let me do my emojis!

Edited by txtspeak

[SCRUB]
Players
3,452 posts
9,274 battles

As many people mentioned before ... premiums is the key.

I know that most players do not want to pay for them. But, there are some good cheap ships that work well.

I am using Kamikaze R and Blyskawica for my credit farming. Also I play a lot of T4,5,6,7 and I have no problem with credits.

Murkansk is supposed to be good moneymaker ... but I absolutely HATE that ship.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Yeah, Murmansk should have quite high credits coefficient.

Though like all cruisers it can suffer lot from current MM being capable to bottom tiering T5 ships lot.

In comparison Minekaze suffers lot less in general from being thrown to T5-7 match.

Though again carrier or good gunboat DDs in enemy team could cause "shut out"/instant sinked matches.

If mastering ambush playstyle Clemson could be more consistent also because of limited to meeting at most T5 MM.

[ASBO]
Players
158 posts
2,758 battles

Don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet but don't forget you can also get credits from the new loot containers and if you are super lucky you could get the 20kk in one go.

Unfortunately you're in for an uphill battle, if you think it's hard to earn the credits to just buy the tier 10 CV.  I hear it's worse to just run the thing with the current economy.

Outside of running credit flags on top of your premium, your only other effective way would be to get a premium ship.  It is what they were designed for.

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

I got both the Murmansk and Marblehead when they were on 50% offer, was barely more than you'd pay for just the Fujin right now. Talk about cost-effective... To my surprise both win% and earnings are better with the Marblehead for me. Reviews suggest quite the opposite, but there you go. Maybe it's because I'm just used to sailing close to enemy guns under the constant threat of instant elimination from playing gunboats a lot and for that reason also to switching ammo and from guns to torps all the time. Talking of torps, ridiculously short reload on the Marble. They are shite, truth be told, but a lot of shite thrown at the enemy... well, that actually was a valid tactic in medieval warfare, wasn't it? *g* If you want a bit of a challenge (the current MM certainly makes sure of that...) along with the earnings I can recommend both.

But I wouldn't say it's necessary to buy premium ships to farm credits. All tier 4 DDs are excellent seal-clubbers, pick according to preferences. MM is on your side, they all cope well in tier 5 matches, which is the maximum you'll ever see and with a bit of practice earn very reliably. Including flags, which in turn help with earning more and/or reducing costs. DDs are especially good for getting the flags relevant for that. 

In comparison Minekaze suffers lot less in general from being thrown to T5-7 match.

Though again carrier or good gunboat DDs in enemy team could cause "shut out"/instant sinked matches.

Minekaze and variants actually have good damage per salvo, the problem is the low rate of fire. Since concealment is on your side, you can choose engagements and get the first salvo in. Use terrain to quickly disengage, usually you take about as many salvos as you can deal out yourself. Rinse and repeat and voila, you can win gun duels against US DDs. If there is no suitable terrain, just don't engage. Sail around them and kill their unsuspecting support, who are very likely to sail blissfully unaware in straight lines, feeling safe behind their DDs. RU DDs suffer from comparatively slow rudders, so they are susceptible to a bit of stealth torping, and slow turret traverse, so you can ambush them with guns also. Just make sure theirs are pointing in the other direction. The above re: terrain applies, of course. Kievs will hunt you down, stay away from them, but Gnewny and Ognewoi do not pose a serous problem for the skilled kaze-captain. If you're comfortable with that, the Fujin on offer right now is a very reliable earner in whatever MM throws at her. 

Players
373 posts
13,612 battles

…The income for tier 1-4 seems to low (premium ships inculded)…

… BBs have high repair costs on each tier. …

Premium ships have less costs.

The statements above are incorrect or misleading.

I have the Katori (T3) and it makes as much money for me as my Texas or Scharnhorst unless I have Premium time. Granted, I run two premium consumables on the BBs and don't run any on Katori, but it goes to show that lower tier ships can be worthwhile credit earners (Clemson and Izyaslav are two non-prem favourites of mine). For a player trying to maximise returns on real money spent, the right low tier premium could be a good idea. Though for players who buy premium time, the higher tier premium ships are more profitable.

There is no relationship between repair cost and ship type. Tier and premium status are the only two factors. Even then, the service costs of Premium and standard ships are the same from T2 to T5. The difference between the two becomes noteworthy only at T8, where it is 22,500 cr - enough for an additional consumable.