Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
silence5

British smoke spam ... Time to grind out a new cruiser line.

21 comments in this topic

[NBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
7,159 battles

Nope ... I ain't grinding the brits. 

No but seriously. The new meta sucks. Smoke firing everywhere. whats the worst are divisions of UK cruisers just sitting in smokes the whole match ... and no DD dares to go close

Just free xp'd myself a schors. Time to radar them pussies out of smokes by this time next week when russkies discounts are coming (got all the flags and camo with 100% bonus xp) :izmena:
Let the grinding begin.

• Cool 2

[NBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
7,159 battles

gl to try :P hope i see u in game XD

Please leave me alone with your Torp bombers :( You know how bad Russians are at dodging torps and dive bombers.

Players
181 posts

Oh please, are you seriously complaining about some ships with awful smoke, awful dispersion, awful penetration, incredibly unreliable shells that give 2k damage per salvo with good luck, only AP so no fire chance, gigantic citadels and no armor? (I'm sure I forgot about something)

• Cool 4

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
10,474 battles

I can see how, if they had HE, they would be the most annoying ships in the game. Right now, you can just angle and forget they even exist. Still, why couldn't we do away with the smoke? A strong repair party on all tiers, great maneuverability, and the current AP + bad HE shells would make them unique enough, without the smoke. Also, decent torps with the ability to fire 1 by 1.

Edited by Gunship14
  • Cool 1

[LAWS]
Beta Tester
234 posts
8,139 battles

We welcome the challenge :)

Edited by Isitari

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

1. Get a battleship.

2. Position yourself correctly, facing the smoke and staying out of torpedo range.

3. Look where the shots are coming from and fire AP shells at that position in the smoke.

4. Enjoy citadel hits, free exp and credits and the sound of bouncing AP shells.

Edited by Sidian42

Players
6 posts
3,414 battles

Oh please, are you seriously complaining about some ships with awful smoke, awful dispersion, awful penetration, incredibly unreliable shells that give 2k damage per salvo with good luck, only AP so no fire chance, gigantic citadels and no armor? (I'm sure I forgot about something)

They are British, they are meant to be crap!

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,601 posts
10,364 battles

No but seriously. The new meta sucks. Smoke firing everywhere. whats the worst are divisions of UK cruisers just sitting in smokes the whole match ... and no DD dares to go close

Just free xp'd myself a schors. Time to radar them pussies out of smokes by this time next week when russkies discounts are coming (got all the flags and camo with 100% bonus xp) :izmena:

Let the grinding begin.

What the hell would you like players in brit ships to do? Come out of the smoke to be citadelled by HE. If it wasn't for the smoke the brit ships with their short range and pathetic armour wouldn't last 2 minutes and this is a fact. Ffs, you really want to complain about the smoke without thinking just a little further than your own nose?
Edited by Shaka_D
  • Cool 1

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
232 posts
13,194 battles

What the hell would you like players in brit ships to do? Come out of the smoke to be citadelled by HE. If it wasn't for the smoke the brit ships with their short range and pathetic armour wouldn't last 2 minutes and this is a fact. Ffs, you really want to complain about the smoke without thinking just a little further than your own nose?

He is a battleship player, what did you expect?
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
895 posts
13,244 battles

I think we should add one rule to the forum rules:

• don't complain about classes / lines, if you haven't played them
  • Cool 1

Players
7,824 posts
9,498 battles

Let the grinding begin.

Then you realize Shchors don't have radar... Only Chapayev and next boats.

Indianapolis would be better counter - radar, 203 shells overmatching bows in Tea Kruzers up to and including tier 7. She does have some range too, in case you get launched into BB fest.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,439 posts
6,144 battles

Let the grinding begin.

Or play DDs and torp dem smokes. British ships need to show its sides to use all guns, so you have good chance to hit them, plus their smoke is really small. Clear target to aim at.

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

This basically.

Smoke is all they have, because as soon as they are out of it they are basically two shot by most BBs. Probably British cruisers are getting most of their damage currently against other British cruisers.

In all the games I played over the weekend, only once did I see a British Cruiser do well and that was obviously a very good player (because he was rank 1 in ranked battles) who had a very good game in a Leander in a tier 7 battle. Most of them seem to be dying a lot, even the Belfast don't see to be doing that well in the games I played.

The hard counter to them is everything basically, but especially German BBs who can use hydro and just charge down bow in into their smoke, they'll bounce all the incoming shells and citadel them from the front or US cruisers with radar and 203s that overmatch them from the front and again bounce most of their shots. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Or play DDs and torp dem smokes. British ships need to show its sides to use all guns, so you have good chance to hit them, plus their smoke is really small. Clear target to aim at.

Actually, UK cruisers could be surprisingly good at dodging smoke torps - unless they're full-broadside towards the DD launching position their acceleration could save their butts in many situations.

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

Actually, UK cruisers could be surprisingly good at dodging smoke torps - unless they're full-broadside towards the DD launching position their acceleration could save their butts in many situations.

They usually are full broadside because their gun arcs aren't great, the rear turrets get blocked by the superstructure quite a lot so if you want all 12 guns able to fire at most targets whilst in the smoke you need to be pretty much broadside on.

[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
23,749 battles

I grinden up to a edin and i must say i like the ship .not so  much the ones before but it is a nice ship . Best dmg result so far for a avg Player like me 129k dmg  dread and solo Achievment one sunk ship(sunk more in one game but that was ks mostly finishing them ) . Oh and i Cited a Nc at 14 km lol . Even grinden down a Yama with 4k salvos on her Struc . So the line is good for me . But to op it is good they dont got He .Imagine a Minotaur with 2.9 sec reload spamming He in smoke at you . with maybe 15% fire rate . I can hear the cryout already . I

[NBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
7,159 battles

LOL at all the buthurt UK grinders :D 
As I said I'm working towards a solution to push you pussies out :)

worldofwarships_2016_10_25_21_35_28_78.j

Just unrustle your jimmies. All I said was that yo uare anoying with your smokes everywhere.

He is a battleship player, what did you expect?

When BB is the least played class on my account :D (or atleast it should be judging by the last 6 months)

Then you realize Shchors don't have radar... Only Chapayev and next boats.

Indianapolis would be better counter - radar, 203 shells overmatching bows in Tea Kruzers up to and including tier 7. She does have some range too, in case you get launched into BB fest.

As I said I'm working towards it. I will be sailing in a brand new Chapaya this weekend, judging from this 5 hour grind. but I've got to say Shchors is such a nice flamethrower ... I might keep her.

Edited by silence5

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,601 posts
10,364 battles

Load of twaddle followed by even more twaddle and poo..........

@ Silence5......i keel you!

Sign in to follow this