Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DarkPhariah

Pls help Khabarovsk

9 comments in this topic

[META]
[META]
Players
73 posts
11,885 battles

so many things to say .. but .. these are my considerations

I guess the core issue is that I dont really understand why this nerf was needed - especially considered the new minotaur that has emerged .. no I dont understand it ..

to be honest, I can see the problem with long range he spamming - but to also reduce the rate of fire to something 'slow' (gunboat considered) .. just seems to kill the ship versus other gunboats who has other good ability's to boost them like torps and camo .. as you know khabarovsk have none of that to compare .. and now it has nothing - all things considered (its a bold statement, dont kill me..) .....

I am ok with the range nerf - I am not ok with the reload nerf

even if the reload speed got unnerfed I would still have to grind a new 30m credits to get it back .. I am not sad that I sold the Khabarovsk immediately after nerf, although it was my primary ship ...

also I dont really see khabarovsk ingame anymore .. ofc the weekend warriors still play a little .. but ..

this is so sad, khabarovsk have been killed good and effectively... !

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

I am ok with the range nerf - I am not ok with the reload nerf

Just checking.

Are you sure that the minor RoF nerf (4.5s -> 5s reload / 13rpm -> 12rpm) is the problem with the Khaba and not the major 2km range nerf?

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
7,675 battles

WG could add the range module now, it would offer the ability to use more than the standard AFT build. Even if ppl would stack AFT with the range module, the DPM would be less than the pre-nerf Udaloi. So effectively you wouldnt lose range in comparison to the pre-nerf Khaba but instead you would loose ~ 27% DPM.

Edit: typos

[META]
[META]
Players
73 posts
11,885 battles

Just checking.

Are you sure that the minor RoF nerf (4.5s -> 5s reload / 13rpm -> 12rpm) is the problem with the Khaba and not the major 2km range nerf?

Yes! Absolutely sure :)

I can see that we have many of the same DD's :)

The reload speed on khabarovsk is needed for defense when gearing approaches ..

(yes khabarovsk still has the speed, but without guns.. no fun)

the first ship I unlocked was the gearing and at that point I noticed the excellency of khabarovsk .. and immediately set out to get khabarovsk afterwards - thinking what on exciting ship .. You see, before the nerf there was a somewhat good reason to try the khabarovsk when you have the gearing .... now everyone thinks why would I go grinding for khabarovsk when its no threat for gearing at this point ..

I love warships, its a VERY good game and there are lots of good ships to play .. but I believe that the game suffers from this, since the alternative to Gearing just went away ... its simplifying the game somehow, and its not good(?)

---

ships I need to play gremya :)

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,658 battles

I had played all of 4 games pre-nerf in it, and i still find it amazing after the nerfs. I get more consistent damage in it than in Hindenburg.

EDIT : Ok, seems like my stats tell a different story. Anyway, it feels more consistent at least.

Edited by Gunship14

Players
3,569 posts
7,331 battles

WG way of rebalancing - specs making something OP are unchanged, but tank/plane/ship is nerfed in a way it becomes simply not fun to play. Instead long range shelling, evading all the shots with guns blazing, (which wasn't that effective anyway) now you're forced into offensive smokes. Which combined with shorter distances, is actually a buff to DPM, as you can land shells more consistently and AP doesn't lose as much penetration.

Would I grind once more for it? No. But I'd get Udaloi once more.

Sign in to follow this