Sign in to follow this  
IanH755

Moskva - 22% fire chance - 75 hits for 3 fires - seems low?

23 comments in this topic

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles
POST DELETED - TOO MANY IDIOTS ON THIS FORUM WHO DON'T/CAN'T READ AND IT'S MAKING ME VIOLENTLY ANGRY HAVING TO TELL PEOPLE TO READ THE ****ING OP OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Edited by IanH755

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

There are skills and modules that reduce that

Didn't even read the OP, this is why WoWS is going down hill, people like you!

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

Hi All,

This is something I've noticed more and more at higher tiers on the RU ships. My Moskva has a 22% fire chance yet, in game after game, I'm hitting 50-100 HE shells across multiple T8-10 ships and only getting 2-3 fires (see pic for the latest example). My Atago at 22% gets more fires and I've played the Zao in the PTS and at 24% fire chance it's getting 10+ fires for a similar amount of hits so something feels "off" about the Moskva's "22%" fire rating but it's only recently been like this.

I know that that the ships built-in fire reduction gets better as it goes up the tiers but even against T8 ships I'm not seeing the number of fire that my fire rating would suggest I should have.

PS If I've made it to the Moskva please assume I'm not a noob who doesn't understand how fire chance works (% chance per shell, enemy tier & flags etc reduce chance etc).

wows33.jpg

Maybe only half of that hits were actually to superstructures of ships which you need to hit to get fires on them. Hits on the hull dont start fire. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,280 posts
9,504 battles

You are aware of the innate fire chance reduction that ships get the higher up the tier they go, with tier X ships having roughly 50% reduced chance to be set on fire? That's why your Atago starts more fires on average, it sees more lower tier ships which have less fire chance reduction.

Even so the number of fires is less than expected, but within the expectaiotns of having a bad RNG game.

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

DO PEOPLE NOT READ THE ****ING OP ANYMORE?

AS STATED IN THE OP - I AM IN A ****ING T10 SHIP SO I'M NOT A ****ING NOOB AND I KNOW ABOUT FLAGS, MODULES AND SHIP TIERS YOU UTTER [edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

AS STATED IN THE OP - I AM IN A ****ING T10 SHIP SO I'M NOT A ****ING NOOB AND I KNOW ABOUT FLAGS, MODULES AND SHIP TIERS YOU UTTER [edited]

way to go when asking for help/question...
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Players
7,280 posts
9,504 battles

Placate your mammaries dude.

First, okay I'll apologize, I hadn't noticed the part about ship tiers when I glanced over your initial post. I wanted to help you with a tidbit of information that really isn't readily known.

Secondly, today I had a Yamato player with a ~42% winrate with nearly 5k games and a whopping 30k average damage on his Yamato after 163 matches played in her. Having a tier X ship does NOT automatically mean you understand each and every intricacy of the game mechanics, just to give you a perspective of why I wanted to make sure you're aware of that part of the equation.

And thirdly, if you want to get that agressive then how about you simply take off your bloody tinfoil hat and realize that this game doesn't just decide that player X is no longer allowed to get fires or whatnot. It's RNG, you get lucky or you don't so there's absolutely zero reason to go whining about not starting as many fires as you'd like.

It's RNG. You got unlucky. Deal with it.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,772 posts
7,712 battles

Maybe only half of that hits were actually to superstructures of ships which you need to hit to get fires on them. Hits on the hull dont start fire. 

that is objectively false, if you dont believe me take any ship (that isnt a RN CL or CV probably...) into a Training Room and shoot the belt of a Yamato. You do set fires.

@OP: First, take a freaking chill pill if you want answers. Second, ever heard of RNG? Give us figures for 10.000 hits and you may approach something like statistical significance - right now it's all easily within normal distribution. Besides, more info would be needed for us to know whether it's even unusual in the first place - we have no idea how many of those hits were on places that were already on fire, for example..

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

POST DELETED - TOO MANY IDIOTS ON THIS FORUM WHO DON'T/CAN'T READ AND IT'S MAKING ME VIOLENTLY ANGRY HAVING TO TELL PEOPLE TO READ THE ****ING OP OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Almost like an average wot forum post^^
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,296 battles

Fire prevention skills, fire prevention flags, fire prevention modules, prem consumables. Im not saying people are all specced this way, but there must be some noticeable difference between pounding a ship with such a spec, and a ship without. The one without probably has 4 fires and you feel like a boss.

I dont know, why do we seem to remember negative experiences better than positive. Probably part of the learning mechanism.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,280 posts
9,504 battles

Fire prevention skills, fire prevention flags, fire prevention modules, prem consumables. Im not saying people are all specced this way, but there must be some noticeable difference between pounding a ship with such a spec, and a ship without. The one without probably has 4 fires and you feel like a boss.

I dont know, why do we seem to remember negative experiences better than positive. Probably part of the learning mechanism.

InB4 being angrily yelled at to read the OP :trollface:
Edited by Aotearas

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

And here I was planning a answer in my head when I read the title. Shame OP doesnt want to hear it.

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

I've asked for the thread to be deleted as, even after changing the OP people still replied to an empty post and I realised most people on this forum only read the title  before replying with garbage so why bother!

Aotearas - thanks for the 2nd reply, you just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back, nothing personal.

Edited by IanH755

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,035 battles

I've asked for the thread to be deleted as, even after changing the OP people still replied to an empty post and I realised most people on this forum only read the title  before replying with garbage so why bother!

Aotearas - thanks for the 2nd reply, you just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back, nothing personal.

Unfortunately, before you had a hissy fit ghostbuster quoted you leaving the evidence of your salt trail.

PS If I've made it to the Moskva please assume I'm not a noob who doesn't understand how fire chance works (% chance per shell, enemy tier & flags etc reduce chance etc).

After you free XP'ed after 7 battles in the Donkey? And you were not spectacular in that either? Please, before throwing in a whine to go with your cheese at least be more than mediocre in the line of ships you are whining being critical about.

[NED]
Players
4,179 posts
11,667 battles

wow. There's no need to get angry OP. Please: it's only a bloody game! I understand how you feel regarding your topic. Please correct me if I'm wrong (as stated I am very poor with numbers) but fire on HE is double subject to RNG-us: first the shells must "land correctly" And that alone is highly random (same as citadalling with a BB: I've mentioned my 5 bounces off a full BS Yorck @ 8 km range from a Izumo...). Second there's the actual catching fire chance. It is a flat chance: each shell has that % chance of catching fire. IMO it's the same as it is as likely you win the jack pot twice as once. I've been there, seen it, done it: the fire issue that is, not the winning twice I'm afraid! (-; There are "those games" where you have your fire chance buffed to the upper limit: stuffed with the right skills and flags yet your shells seem to be drenched in water first while your ship seems to catch fire by the mere friction og the water drops from missed splashes. Don't forget: this is a highly arcade game no matter how you put it and how much skill you have. In my Yorck incident both he and me were laughing our @sses off. "I'm ALIVE!?" How the heck did that happen?! Well I saw a sign with INRngI above your ship.... :D

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

yes, we are the idiots.......not you, ever.

Players
371 posts
6,661 battles

Complaining about moskva..thats cute ,or u got mad that u didnt have the chance to polish youre "torpedo latelly" since was a nice thread about it ? 

Players
158 posts
2,419 battles

Are broken shells and ricochets counted as hits? pretty sure i've seem them counted when the ribbons show up ingame and if they are I don't think they set fires, correct me if i'm wrong.  So your 75 hits may be less than you think.

As others have said RNG plays a major role.  Some games in my Udaloi I have the same amount of fires as you from more hits, others I have over 10.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Are broken shells and ricochets counted as hits?

Every kind hit counts.

Though of course HEs don't do overpens/ricochets.

And non-penetrating HEs get their fire chance apparently halved.