Zerstoeroer

New IJN DDs When?

18 comments in this topic

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

we all know that the no-skill torp boat meta needs to go fast, as they are one of the 2 main reasons for stagnant high tier gameplay, the other being the smoke meta. But instead I get 3-5 japanese torpedo boats in every goddamn tier 10 match, ruining it for everyone. I do not want to be forced to rely on teammates to clear them for me in random matches.

So WG, when are the new DDs finally coming???

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

I wish they would buff the DDs. They're easy targets when I get into a tier 10 battle in my Shokaku.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

"No skill torp boat meta"

Has 0 games in DDs

Plays majoritarily tier7+ German BBs

Translation : I'm a BBaby and I want my only counter to be nerfed to the ground.

• Cool 1

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

Oh and please no unintelligent postings like that of Exocet.

"No skill torp boat meta"

Has 0 games in DDs

Plays majoritarily tier7+ German BBs

Translation : I'm a BBaby and I want my only counter to be nerfed to the ground.

The fact that you consider a rework a nerf tells a lot. No mor skilltorps for you, dear chap!

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles

Look at the stats...

Player Average for Ships [ at 2016/10/08 ]        
Nation Class Tier Name Win Damage Kills/Battle Survival
JP DD 9 Kagero 47.61 33.950 0.63 35.24
JP DD 10 Shimakaze 48.46 46.071 0.76 37.78
JP BB 9 Izumo 47.57 58.265 0.65 36.32
US BB 9 Iowa 48.49 59.822 0.70 40.33
KM BB 9 Friedrich der Grosse 50.72 65.680 0.82 42.50
US BB 10 Montana 47.41 77.335 0.86 42.37
KM BB 10 Grosser Kurfurst 51.81 87.896 0.99 45.34
JP BB 10 Yamato 50.09 90.520 0.88 41.71

Looks like somebody has no clue what he is talking about.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

The fact that you consider a rework a nerf tells a lot. No mor skilltorps for you, dear chap!

Since you scream for the new destroyers because "no-skill torpedoe boat meta ruins the game", doesn't that make you want them to get nerfed?

What makes you think that the IJN which are currently in the game and stay after the split will be played significantly different than today?

What makes you think that you have better chances against matches full of gun boats which - in the worst case - shoot you for minutes including fires (and torps) and kill you this way?

As far as I know the new IJN DDs are currently supertested on the live server. So, as Deamon said, they will come soonTM.

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles

Oh and please no unintelligent postings

then this thread wouldnt even exist

(and neither would three quarters of the entire forums, and a good portion of my own posts... "forbidding" stupid on forums? lol)

a) USN DDs are the torp boats to fear in high tiers these days, the occasional and highly situational Shimawall aside

b) the new IJN DDs were in their first test on the live servers pretty recently iirc, and we have no idea how many iterations they'll go through until final release - just look at the whole RN kerfuffle...

• Cool 1

Players
390 posts
6,959 battles

1- the only "no skill" torping is only when a bb decide to sail without changing Speed and direction for 30+ seconds, so you are wrong.

2- if you have never played jap DDs or every other DDs in the game in the High tier you doesn't know nothing about and you shouldn't complain about, so you are wrong.

3- if you look at the stats you can see that none of jap dd from t6 to t10 reach 50% as overage winrate, so they stats can't influence the meta by themselves, so you are wrong.

4- you are asking for new jap DDs line cause you are annoyed to the High Number of players, but a new line, even if formed by UP ships, won't reduce the Number of players of the line itself, so you are wrong.

And the response about you question is: soon, but we don't know when.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

I do not want to be forced to rely on teammates to clear them for me in random matches.

You literally want your precious BBs to be 1 man wrecking machines with its only current semi-viable counter to be gone.

Your post was absolute unintelligent drivel, and was reported as such.

Players
1,438 posts

To be honest I have been playing in my Minekaze this weekend and found it the hardest time yet. With any other nation DDs artillery (even a lower tier one), aircraft, spotter planes, fighter planes, hydro and radar, I have been reduced to 'trying to scout'. Even then I am now totally reliant on my CVs fighters to keep enemy aircraft at bay. Go for a cap, I can try, but as soon as I see the occupy counter stall I know I have to get out.

One match got hit by radar a total of 5 times; when you only have your torps and stealth to rely on it becomes one hell of a challenge to contribute to the team. Uncertain of the DDs at higher tier but I hope they don't nerf the IJN DDs any more, or buff anyone else more. :honoring:

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

Look at the stats...

Player Average for Ships [ at 2016/10/08 ]        
Nation Class Tier Name Win Damage Kills/Battle Survival
JP DD 9 Kagero 47.61 33.950 0.63 35.24
JP DD 10 Shimakaze 48.46 46.071 0.76 37.78
JP BB 9 Izumo 47.57 58.265 0.65 36.32
US BB 9 Iowa 48.49 59.822 0.70 40.33
KM BB 9 Friedrich der Grosse 50.72 65.680 0.82 42.50
US BB 10 Montana 47.41 77.335 0.86 42.37
KM BB 10 Grosser Kurfurst 51.81 87.896 0.99 45.34
JP BB 10 Yamato 50.09 90.520 0.88 41.71

Looks like somebody has no clue what he is talking about.

Or you just can't read very well. I did not write that they're overpowered, but that the long range torp spam meta needs to go (and a good chunk of it will go when the new IJN DDs arrive), because it is ruining high tier gameplay. Ever had a game with 3 Shimakazes per side? Good luck having fun.
Edited by Zerstoeroer

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Oh and please no unintelligent postings like that of Exocet.

1+1=3 :popcorn:

Players
390 posts
6,959 battles

Or you just can't read very well. I did not write that they're overpowered, but that the long range torp spam meta needs to go (and a good chunk of it will go when the new IJN DDs arrive), because it is ruining high tier gameplay. Ever had a game with 3 Shimakazes per side? Good luck having fun.

More than 3 DDs could be a problem, but 3 DDs in a match aren't.

Plus, long lance are present in the game just as a generic name, American torps of the same tiers are better

Plus2, you probably hasn't read/underatood my anwer about being wrong, please read it and stop being wrong...

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics