Sign in to follow this  
Akiranos

Cleveland AA + Demolition expert build

3 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
2 posts
3,680 battles

Cleveland is my absolute best ship and money maker. I generally make 100 - 200k per round with this almost op ship (. You just need to learn to lead your enemy ships more than with other ships due to the high shell arc and travel time. Avoid being in front line, but stay right behind friendly BB's. Your most juicy targets are enemy DD's and BB's (set em fire). Always use HE-ammo, except in rare cases where you face tier 5-6 cruisers in close range (for cit penetrations).

I run my cleveland AFT + Demolition expert to take advantage of clevelands strengths. It just makes sense to straighten the things the ship is naturally good at:

1. The best AA capability in tier 6 and 7 ships

2. Very good rate of fire, and therefore high likelihood to set things blazing.

To boost these advantages even futher, I pick two tier 4 skills: AFT and Demolition expert.

1.  AFT is good is because it boosts 20% range of the AA. Your AA is only good if you can reach those planes bombing your teams BB's.

2. Demolition expert is especially good, is because it boosts 3% the chance to light enemy ships fire. Because the % boost is solid, the ships with high rate of fire benefit the most (ie. cleveland)

Captain skills:

Tier 1 BFT

Tier 2 Expert marksman

Tier 3 Vigilance

Tier 4 Demolition expert + Advanced firing training

Another good side is that you can reach all the necessary skills with only 14 points. If you get the 15th point, I would put it in basics of survivability.

Ship upgrades:

Main armaments modification 1

AA gun modification 2 (again for extra range). Stock cleveland has very little dispersion so no need to upgrade accuracy.

Damage control system modification 1

Steering gears modification 2 (good skill to boost your target finding by turning ship)

Some good matches today:

cleveland%203.jpg

cleveland%20match.jpg

Edited by Akiranos

Players
97 posts
689 battles

Steering gears modification 2 (good skill to boost your target finding by turning ship)

Doesn't this screw up with the long turret rotation?

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Always use HE-ammo, except in rare cases where you face tier 5-6 cruisers in close range (for cit penetrations).

Penetrating AP does always more instant (more improtant) damage than HE.

So if target which has "enough meat" to prevent overpens shows side at range where you can aim accurately into side AP is better choise.

Especially side showing New Mexico, Colorado or Nagato is good target for AP spam if it doesn't have depleted sectional HP pools.

Also if you have only short opportunity to do damage BBs can heal only 50% of that damage.

There are actually some penetration results for Cleveland in here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/59528-armor-penetration-curves/

Sign in to follow this