Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
xenopathia

T5 Fujin almost same price with T7 Leningrad, Another collectors bait?

20 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
1,143 posts
16,367 battles

Maybe the last chance to get yourself a premium IJN destroyer with those great Type 92 torpedoes before they nerf Minikeze and make Kamikaze/Fujin better ships than its regular cousin.

Alpha Tester
120 posts
2,477 battles

Maybe the last chance to get yourself a premium IJN destroyer with those great Type 92 torpedoes before they nerf Minikeze and make Kamikaze/Fujin better ships than its regular cousin.

I've been wanting a Kamikaze [R] for some time and still skipping the Fujin at 20€. Would have maybe paid 10, although I consider it significantly uglier than the Kamikazes.

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

The Kamikaze R was certainly not 20E when it went on sale. Price has gone up. Your money, your choice.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,040 posts
29,667 battles

I have the Kamikaze R but I like Fujin's camo more. If I could buy it then it would be cool.

Edited by ABED1984

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

I have bought Kamikaze R in February and it was 20 EUR. The price is the same. And, as fumtu has said, this is probably your last chance to buy Minekaze clone before they nerf the regular Minekaze torpedoes.

Players
385 posts
8,685 battles

I have bought Kamikaze R in February and it was 20 EUR. The price is the same. And, as fumtu has said, this is probably your last chance to buy Minekaze clone before they nerf the regular Minekaze torpedoes.

I don't think so. They will definately sell Kamikaze again.

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

They both do better than statistically than the Minikaze, probably down to the players

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

I don't think so. They will definately sell Kamikaze again.

There is a chance, but not for the lower price. Maybe even higher since it will be better then regular Minekaze in the future.

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

They both do better than statistically than the Minikaze, probably down to the players

A lot of Kamikaze/Fujin players have 15 point captains and CE skill from higher tier ships. When you lower your concealment on 5,4 km and have 68 knot torps, you become extremely effective.

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

A lot of Kamikaze/Fujin players have 15 point captains and CE skill from higher tier ships. When you lower your concealment on 5,4 km and have 68 knot torps, you become extremely effective.

Even though I have an 18 point captain I can put in, it is still a fantastic ship, and I often use it to train up my cruiser captain. CE provides a nice buffer to get in closer, but in my opinon is not essential. Situational awareness and knowing when to avoid combat is.

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

Even though I have an 18 point captain I can put in, it is still a fantastic ship, and I often use it to train up my cruiser captain. CE provides a nice buffer to get in closer, but in my opinon is not essential. Situational awareness and knowing when to avoid combat is.

Agreed, situational awareness and knowing which battles to pick is most important. The point is, if you have a 15 point captain (usually reached in Fubuki or Kagero), you probably had a few hundred battles through IJN line and in much harsher environment then T5 (hydro, radar, more planes, better opponents ...). When you put a player with such experience back in T5 battle with additional 600 meters of concealment (outspotting every other ship) and great torps, you get a seal clubbing machine. Let's be honest, Kamikaze and Fujin with 15+ point captain in the hands of an experienced player are really OP. You can be equally deadly in Minekaze, but there are a lot less Minekaze players with dedicated 15+ captains.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

There are only two things I do not wish to meet in this ship, a good CV player who parks fighters above me, and US/Soviet destroyers, but I usually see them first.  

If you don't have a Kamikaze or Fujin, and enjoy DD play, I'd get one. If I had to keep only 3 ships , it would be  1). Gremy 2). Kamikaze & 3). Murmansk for credits. 1 & 2 are my go to ships for instant fun.

[HF_30]
Players
1,309 posts

Not sure if I recall this correctly, but wasn't there a nerf to the Minekaze's torp angles too after the introduction of Fujin and Kamikaze? That might actually be a reason to buy, come to think of it... Hm... Can anybody confirm?

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,733 battles

Why should Fujin and Leningrad differ in price, when they don't differ in mm? 

One is tier V (sees V-VII opponents)  and the other tier VII (sees VII-IX opponents). Different credit incomes too, no doubt.

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

Not sure if I recall this correctly, but wasn't there a nerf to the Minekaze's torp angles too after the introduction of Fujin and Kamikaze? That might actually be a reason to buy, come to think of it... Hm... Can anybody confirm?

In one of the SEA server tests at the beginning of September tier 5 Okikaze destroyer appeared (together with all the new IJN DDs, Akizuki, Yugumo, Akatsuki ...). It has almost identical stats as Minekaze but the torpedoes are quite nerfed. The assumption is that Okikaze is future Minekaze when IJN DD tree split goes into production. The name is changed so they can differentiate between the old Minekaze and the new one. You can check the stats here.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/07/tier-5-japanese-premium-destroyer-okikaze-stats/

If it really goes into production with such stats (torpedo nerf; damage 14.400 -> 10.833, speed 68 -> 57), the Kamikaze and Fujin will be far better ships.

This was only a test from 2 months ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if Minekaze ends up heavily nerfed.

You can also check the stats of some other IJN ships from the same test:

new Isokaze (same torpedo nerf):

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/07/tier-4-japanese-premium-destroyer-amatsukaze-stats/

new Mutsuki:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/08/tier-5-destroyer-yayoi-stats/

new Fubuki:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/08/tier-6-japanese-destroyer-ayanami-stats/

Here is proposed tree split:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/05/preview-of-upcoming-ijn-dd-new-tech-tree/

Edited by romarkov

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

Why should Fujin and Leningrad differ in price, when they don't differ in mm? 

Fujin - Type 9 camo -> +30% to experience earned in the battle

Leningrad - Type 10 camo -> +50% to experience earned in the battle

Sign in to follow this