You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spartan41

WTF is Belfasts torps

34 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
23 posts
4,087 battles

HMS Belfast had torpedo tubes so why doesn't she in game this is a travesty to the real ship which I have been to multiple times and seen where the torpedo tubes are sort it out wargaming

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

The HMS Belfast ingame is her 1955-63 refit in which her torpedo tubes were removed to save weight.

• Cool 5

[DPT]
Beta Tester
1,527 posts
2,496 battles

"Belfast recommissioned at Devonport on 12 May 1959.[48] Her close-range armament was standardised to six twin Bofors gun, and her close-range fire direction similarly standardised to eight close-range blind fire directors fitted with Type 262 radar.[30] Her 1959 radar fit also included Type 274, retained for main armament direction, Type 277Q and 293Q for height-finding and surface warning, Type 960M for air warning, and 974 for surface warning.[49] In order to save weight, her torpedo armament was removed"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Belfast_(C35)

In addition: Balancing Reasons. The Belfast is an extremly good cruiser right now, even without torpedos.

Edited by Sidian42

Players
235 posts
9,846 battles

HMS Belfast had torpedo tubes so why doesn't she in game this is a travesty to the real ship which I have been to multiple times and seen where the torpedo tubes are sort it out wargaming

​Only if my Warspite can have her torpedo tubes. :trollface:
  • Cool 1

Players
453 posts

Belfast is borderline OP atm if the player is actually minding what the ship can do. Torpedos on top? Now that isn't just borderline, it's flat out overpowered without a doubt or recourse.
  • Cool 1

[AVRDM]
Players
1,401 posts
6,400 battles

Let them put torpedoes and raise to Tier 8.

As an owner I would like. :red_button:

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Obviously, WG chose the configuration she has for three reasons. To differentiate her from Edinburgh, her sister ship; to enable her to be a lower tier, and thus cheaper and more accessible; and so she is representative of the ship as she is today. Good choice me thinks. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles

hahaha, thats a good one man. 2x4 10km torp tubes with 20 sec reload. Please?

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

As said before they where removed during her last refit.

Its exactly as she is currently sat in London this very day 

If it makes you feel better here is a picture of one of belfasts torps on display in her interior main deck, that way you don't feel your missing out 

however I can assure you that you did not see the launchers on the ship as you claim because they where removed image_zpsarmgxbnq.jpeg

Edited by shockinhockin
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,035 battles

It would be cool if we could choose to mount them or not. Ofc, something would have to be removed when torps are mounted, not to make the ship silly OP. (one of the consumables, per example)

So you can vary the Belfast's gameplay. :)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Obviously, WG chose the configuration she has for three reasons. To differentiate her from Edinburgh, her sister ship; to enable her to be a lower tier, and thus cheaper and more accessible; and so she is representative of the ship as she is today. Good choice me thinks. 

Aye I agree but WG should have placed the comsumables of the Belfast and that of the line ships in the same order as it is easy to activate the wrong consumable when switching between a line cruiser and Belfast.

My suggestion for the order of consumables would be; Damage Control Party 'R', Hydro  Acoustic Sonar 'T', Smoke 'Y' and Repair Party/Radar 'U' so that when pushing 'T' it will always be HAC - any chance that you might send this up the chain of command? Thx in advance:tea_cap:

Edited by atomskytten
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Aye I agree but WG should have placed the comsumables of the Belfast and that of the line ships in the same order as it is easy to activate the wrong consumable when switching between a line cruiser and Belfast.

My suggestion for the order of consumables would be; Damage Control Party 'R', Hydro  Acoustic Sonar 'T', Smoke 'Y' and Repair Party/Radar 'U' so that when pushing 'T' it will always be HAC - any chance that you might send this up the chain of command? Thx in advance:tea_cap:

Good point and I will pass it on  :honoring:

Beta Tester
404 posts

The HMS Belfast ingame is her 1955-63 refit in which her torpedo tubes were removed to save weight.

Which means the HMS Belfast is NOT set in WW II as it is meant to be looking at the game . I would of rather it closer with torps and less toys than it is now , more closer to original.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

Belfast is NOT set in WW II as it is meant to be looking at the game .

What? The game isn't just set in WWII, the time range extends across the whole 'battleship era' and a little before and after. If you want a WWII Belfast then grind out the Edinburgh.

[NED]
Players
1,643 posts
6,131 battles

Good point and I will pass it on  :honoring:

Thanks as this actually is a problem i bungled my consumables once or twice.

Beta Tester
404 posts

What? The game isn't just set in WWII, the time range extends across the whole 'battleship era' and a little before and after. If you want a WWII Belfast then grind out the Edinburgh.

Thats the POINT... HMS Belfast is T7 not a T9-10 which would be after WW II. T6,7 and 8 are the nearest to WW II. As HMS Belfast is T7 and WW II era , she should have torps.

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,254 battles

And she has her 1950s bridge reconstruction and looks the way she does now moored on the Thames :)

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

Thats the POINT... HMS Belfast is T7 not a T9-10 which would be after WW II. T6,7 and 8 are the nearest to WW II. As HMS Belfast is T7 and WW II era , she should have torps.

Since when were tiers tied to some kind of timeline?

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Ridiculously good concealment, HAS, Smoke and Radar at the same time, good dpm guns AND torpedoes?

The Belfast is already incredibly powerful, but you want to add torpedoes to her repertoir still? Wot!?

Players
3 posts
2,169 battles

I get the 'it would make her OP" comments, however her top tubes weren't removed until the 50's, when there were no more battleships to speak of, it feels very wrong she doesn't have them given the era of the other ships in the game, take away that radar and put the tubes back on, rebalance her to whatever tier, but right now I prefer playing the Tier 4 British Cruiser, why, its much more fun, this ship just isn't Belfast as she would have been back then and doesn't have an effective means of disposing of Battleships - basically she is BORING!!!

Quality Poster
3,336 posts
8,378 battles

The Belfast is already incredibly powerful, but you want to add torpedoes to her repertoir still? Wot!?

Yeah, let's go full PzIIJ on the Belfast and remove all weakspots :trollface:

Greetings