You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xER0h0UR

KILL THE CHAT - WG INCLUDE THIS IN NEXT PATCH

35 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
14,806 battles

In the next update please kill the chat for all players who are dead during the game.

The constant "I told you so" antics need to be culled at source and if you think about it once your dead you can no longer partake in the game with your ship so why chat ?

Too much abuse and vitriol reign with those who are dead so please for the benefit of those still competing in the match allow them to play unhindered.

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

1. google aslains wows modpack.

2. download and install

3. check no chat option

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

1. google aslains wows modpack.

2. download and install

3. check no chat option

Thats the easy way out.

Or maybe think about why you are always targeted in chat and do something about it. That would be the hard way which needs self reflection and the will to learn.
  • Cool 16

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

You can just Ignore them if you hehe "can" ^^

[TFUK]
Players
166 posts
5,319 battles

ignore, and besides, actually the dead players can be very helpful, especially spotting when those turrets rotate around a bit for another target but haven't yet opened fire

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

In the next update please kill the chat for all players who are dead during the game.

The constant "I told you so" antics need to be culled at source and if you think about it once your dead you can no longer partake in the game with your ship so why chat ?

Too much abuse and vitriol reign with those who are dead so please for the benefit of those still competing in the match allow them to play unhindered.

Too many 'safe spacers' in this world.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Hmmmm, no.

Don't like being reminded of how you or your team mates screwed up?

Oh, i like to remind my team mates how they screwed up!

Lemming train to one side despite my request to not do the retard train and than get buttfucked or sandwiched? I told ya so guys!

BBs sitting back behind chicken mountain and "sniping" than getting spammed by torps from a DD or a CV and/ or complaining that i refuse to provide aircover for them when playing a CV? Lol, i effin told ya so guys!

I love to tell oxygen wasters "i told ya so", it's almost as satisfying as a victory and it may or may not motivate some (maybe only 1 out of 100k) players to actually use their brains.

WG should never ever remove the chat for sunk players, infact they should remove the "mute" function asap!

• Cool 3

[D_R_M]
Players
873 posts
15,551 battles

Hmmmm, no.

Or maybe they lose because they get distracted by some [edited]trying to tell them how to play the game all the time?

Players
28 posts
14,806 battles

Hmmmm, no.

Lemming train to one side despite my request to not do the retard train and than get buttfucked or sandwiched? I told ya so guys!

BBs sitting back behind chicken mountain and "sniping" than getting spammed by torps from a DD or a CV and/ or complaining that i refuse to provide aircover for them when playing a CV? Lol, i effin told ya so guys!

I love to tell oxygen wasters "i told ya so", it's almost as satisfying as a victory and it may or may not motivate some (maybe only 1 out of 100k) players to actually use their brains.

WG should never ever remove the chat for sunk players, infact they should remove the "mute" function asap!

And this is for you especially.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Or maybe they lose because they get distracted by some [edited]trying to tell them how to play the game all the time?

Nope.

they lose because they do stupid things, asking them to not lemming train or to push a certain cap or whatever usually leads to better results assuming someone is listening.

And if folks get distracted in a multiplayer game by a chatmessage, than they should consider playing something that doesn't involve other players.

And this is for you especially.

2wpo711.jpg

So, what did you do wrong when someone told you "told ya so!"? Must have hurt, being told that you and/or your team mates effed up, deep down knowing that the guy who told you that, was right.

Did he make fun of you? Well, he seems to have hit a nerve, seeing that you came to the forums to complain.

• Cool 2

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

Hmmmm, no.

Thats the easy way out.

Or maybe think about why you are always targeted in chat and do something about it. That would be the hard way which needs self reflection and the will to learn.

constructive criticism is always positive and a benefit, offering advice and tactical feedback can help your team. see a player doing something you think is a mistake, if you highlight it and offer them a alternative plan/route then if they listen good on you, if not more fool them.

being a [edited]in chat on the other hand not matter how much your team deserves it just means you yourself are too immature to be playing the game, let alone using a in game communication function.

• Cool 1

Players
1,008 posts

Thats the easy way out.

​But that's not always the case is it. Quite often you get somebody who dies quickly but keeps going on and on, criticising everybody else. That's the issue, not with people who are trying to help. I have no problem with people helping.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

constructive criticism is always positive and a benefit, offering advice and tactical feedback can help your team. see a player doing something you think is a mistake, if you highlight it and offer them a alternative plan/route then if they listen good on you, if not more fool them.

being a [edited]in chat on the other hand not matter how much your team deserves it just means you yourself are too immature to be playing the game, let alone using a in game communication function.

Can't speak for others, but that's what i usually do.

I ask politely for support, i tell them politely things like: that lemming trainin' to ONE cap on a four cap domination map makes it so much harder to get the caps back or that sitting in the back gets our Cruisers and DDs killed.

This is constructive, and yet i get mostly responses like "stfu noob", than they do their thing and it's mostly a defeat. And it's a well deserved defeat at that and than i'm going to tell them "told ya so!".

And, as i noticed this and last season in ranked, this "told ya so" does sometimes what it's supposed to do: it angers them and makes them think.

​But that's not always the case is it. Quite often you get somebody who dies quickly but keeps going on and on, criticising everybody else. That's the issue, not with people who are trying to help. I have no problem with people helping.

It depends on the situation.

Just because someone dies quickly, doesn't mean he is the only one who fucked up.

There are a lot of examples (pls check the achievements thread as one example) where the team is partially responsible.

Yes, it is annoying when one player does something stupid like yoloing into a group of enemys and than rages in chat and insults the team.

Edited by Jethro_Grey

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

I can be very toxic in chat if I see people being derps after I die (border sniping in BB, a BB running away from a CA 15km away, BB's firing HE against broadside BB's, BB's generally being useless BB's etc :D) yet I always give praise and complements to the enemy (they beat me) and to anyone on my team who I see playing well and a rarely finish a day with any compliments left to give.

I would love to be 100% less toxic but I can't, I really try my best at times but the utter derpness I see just infuriates me.

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

t.b.h. If what people say is a problem, play co-op or play different.

Disable chat only if you play just to troll others or if you dont give a crap about your team - ever. Not knowing what is said is an effective way to ruin any sence of playing on a team.

[HF_30]
Players
1,316 posts

Yes, it is annoying when one player does something stupid like yoloing into a group of enemys and than rages in chat and insults the team.

Hey, yoloing is just another skill. The trick is to do it and get more from it than just a frag (or two or three...), for example break up a push and make half the enemy fleet show broadside to your team, while they compete for the honor to kill me. Don't promote being careful in a game that is plagued by overly cautious play by way to many players already. 

[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,602 battles

Well maybe play better and you won't get told "told you so" in chat. If your doing well then no one can say anything to you and if they do just tell them to look at the score at the end. Problem solved

[D_R_M]
Players
873 posts
15,551 battles

Can't speak for others, but that's what i usually do.

I ask politely for support, i tell them politely things like: that lemming trainin' to ONE cap on a four cap domination map makes it so much harder to get the caps back or that sitting in the back gets our Cruisers and DDs killed.

This is constructive, and yet i get mostly responses like "stfu noob", than they do their thing and it's mostly a defeat. And it's a well deserved defeat at that and than i'm going to tell them "told ya so!".

And, as i noticed this and last season in ranked, this "told ya so" does sometimes what it's supposed to do: it angers them and makes them think.

The problem is that the players do not know how the other players skills are or how they have chosen modules and captains skills. If you have a medium skilled Kutuzov player, he may do much more use staying in the back and do over 100k damage to enemy BBs by fire, rather than try to hunt DDs and be killed within a few minutes. Also, my experience is that sending everything to one cap at the start may be a good idea. When people spread out the DDs to all the caps, they very often gets killed early for one reason. I would rather claim that it may be a usable strategy to start everyone in one end, and then work their way from cap to cap. 

[SNI]
Players
488 posts
8,151 battles

I like the Op idea.

When someone dies early, 90 % is whining.

An option to auto ignore dead players would be really welcome.