Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JohnHenry

CV XP for shooting down aircraft = garbage

14 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
2,061 battles

Tier 6 battle, 62 aircraft kills. 5k damage into a destroyer, 5k damage into a BB.

2jae1eb.jpg

Tier 7 game, 56 aircraft kills, 30k damage into BB's, 5 teamkilled aircraft.

1znssvc.jpg

From the CV point of view, my contribution couldn't have been better and yet, the XP is [edited]. Best games with tier 6 BB or DD ended with 2+k XP.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

From the CV point of view, my contribution couldn't have been better and yet, the XP is [edited]. Best games with tier 6 BB or DD ended with 2+k XP.

Your contribution could have been much better, you could have done damage and sunk ships.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Your contribution could have been much better, you could have done damage and sunk ships.

AS setup leaves much to be desired :)

Players
16 posts
2,061 battles

Doing damage in CV = waste of time now. In case you failed to notice.

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

Face with the reallity that CVs get reduce xp. You can hardly get more than 2000 xp these days.

But I don't understand why you play AS? It is boring and you make your team more likely to lose. Play full strike and you will get even better results!!!

Players
681 posts
6,532 battles

Strike is the only way to contribute to your Team, but because WG dont want CVs to Play there Little game with themself you get more Exp/Credits for killing planes already.

You can do 300k Dmg and kill the hole enemy Fleet by Yourself, the enemy CV who kills 60 of your planes will get the same income.

And now think about who was more helpful for his Team?

I Prefer Strike CVs every day of the weak as a CV Player or when i have a CV on my Team.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

While it's true that CVs can do damage to other ships I don't understand that idea I often see that "any team is happy to have a CV that just shoots down planes and deals no damage to ships". I'm actually happy to see some CVs looking out for enemy planes and shooting them down protecting and defending allied ships from air attacks instead of just being greedy trying to sunk all enemy ships by itself while the enemy CV wrecks everyone else of the team. I'd be glad to see more CVs focusing on shooting down enemy planes and don't get what's so wrong with that.

Players
681 posts
6,532 battles

I am not telling you that i dont shoot down any planes in CV, you cant protect your fleet 100% by Gamedesign. And if you cant deal dmg yourself ( TE did 5k dmg ect as he said himself, that is nothing ) and the enemy CV gets 1 Torphit, he did alredy more for his Team as TE.

Ist more complikated, but you can break it down to a single rule: if you want to beat the enemy CV, you have to deal more dmg than him.

1st: you strike

2. you protect your Team against strikes

If you cant strike because you sail a shitty US CV with AS deck: you cant strike yourself, you cant completly Protect your Team and enemy CV will have more Dmg than you

Result: US CVs have <49% winratem, IJN CVs have >50% Winrate all over the Tiers

WG promotes a playstile ( AS ) that is bad for your Team, and punish a playstyle ( Strike ) that is far better in winning games.

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
15,571 battles

I disagree. He has done perferctly the job he is suppose to do. Protect the fleet. The 2 ennemy CV did not kill any ship. 

Like a bonus he managed to do an honorable amount of damage. Any other kind of ship who perform this job would end with at least 2K xp. 

Welcome to CV economy 0.5.12.

Thank you WG. It is so kind to not reward a good teamplay action. I'm not using the AS configuration and like this guy everyday I am disapointed by my rewards in my CVs. The debate should not come back to AS is crap or not, the debate should remain of this nonsense economy. 

Players
681 posts
6,532 battles

You dont even get 1 Credit per Dmg you do ( 300k dmg and less than 250k Credits, i saw Pictures like that )

Shooting down planes gives to MUCH Exp, i cant see how somebody with 5k dmg can end up at the top of the Teamlist ( or second )

He did nothing else than Shooting down planes, and i bet the enemy CV outdmged him by far. The idiotic Thing about the "nonsense economy" is, that you are better of with AS ( economic wise ) than with Strike. But we proved many times already that Strike is better for your Team.

Killing planes should give as much Exp as it helps your Team: non to nothing. CV economy was fine as it was till 5.12.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles

No, its better this way with nerfed EXP from planes.

This way will maybe less CV players play AS build (noob build) and more fair (skilled) play.

I know there is very big number of CV-AS builds, im sure of it. And also a big number of theyr haters.

Edited by Hades_warrior

[PRAVD]
Players
386 posts
8,044 battles

This disgusts me as a cv player, I would fly circles around you in my shoukaku if you played AS lex.

Sign in to follow this