You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Holaadian

1 sided matches from last 2 patches.

72 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
61 posts
7,134 battles

I started to notice more and more that matches end up 1 sided badly and very fast.   

Its not like 12:0 defeats but its either 0 to 1000 points or 10:2 . 

It started like 2 or 3 patches back and whit latest patch it has gone even deeper use to be like 50% only but now its more like 80% 1 side matches. ( from todays 23 matches think 20 were 1 sided by kills or points)

Tier wise its same from t5 to 10 still 1 team whipping other fast and hard and then its just cleaning up.

THe mm has been changed or smthing other is at work. ( ppl sucking out maybe, to many BB dont think so) And i know its not in my head as i been asking around in game and ppl are telling the same first 5 mins usualy decides how the match will go. I know that effect what was talked in Jingles video few weeks back that if you loose 1 ship you loose more and more and more. It was not like that just few months back. Teams still could come back as the ships are not 1 shot. 

Don't ask me to show some statistic or pie chart (I know you ppl like juice pie) just ask and look around your self. If some one willing to do such work and do statistics then plz do. YOu may improve the game alot and end the BB meta whit CVs getting there credits up. If you think im some low life new guy in this game then Look at my Stats and c how much i played. If it helps you. 

Here 1 for the tinfoil hats guys. WG is rigging the MM so they can pump out more cash from you all ppl. 

Ok this should cover it for now. 

Edited by Holaadian

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,358 posts
8,034 battles

That Wargaming-is-rigging-the-MM-for-more-profit is sooo old and lame... You could not prove it in WoT and you cannot prove it in WoWs.

You say WG is rigging for more profit. You also say the you have recent a more negative game experience. Now tell me, do you feel compelled to spend (more) money to WG due to your negative experiences? Yes?! No?!

Just solve this equation for me:

1. rigging the MM
  2. X
  3. making profit
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
61 posts
7,134 battles

That Wargaming-is-rigging-the-MM-for-more-profit is sooo old and lame... You could not prove it in WoT and you cannot prove it in WoWs.

You say WG is rigging for more profit. You also say the you have recent a more negative game experience. Now tell me, do you feel compelled to spend (more) money to WG due to your negative experiences? Yes?! No?!

Just solve this equation for me:

1. rigging the MM
  2. X
  3. making profit

ANd you did not get the point or the joke at all but oh well. 

5 matches today. and every time a loose whit same result. 1 SIDED TEAMS !!!! sadly im on the loosing end. 

Latest match we lost in 5 mins 8 ships and over all. Thats how baad the MM has gone. And i know its just not me. 

shot_16_10_23_11_52_32_0034.jpg 

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

ANd you did not get the point or the joke at all but oh well. 

5 matches today. and every time a loose whit same result. 1 SIDED TEAMS !!!! sadly im on the loosing end. 

Latest match we lost in 5 mins 8 ships and over all. Thats how baad the MM has gone. And i know its just not me. 

shot_16_10_23_11_52_32_0034.jpg 

MM and quality of team are not linked. So this statement makes no sense. MM balanced ships and is oblivious to players. 

One sided games = no fun for anyone. Therefore there is an incentive to actually balance skill not "rig games". 

But skill MM isn't worth the effort for the result. I.e. No profit motive. Might as well not bother. Which is how it is. 

Please put tin foil hats away. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,479 posts
8,758 battles

i played armoured warfare when they brought skill based mm into the game and it killed it dead nearly overnight

when you bring in skill based mm all that happens is the better players watch their win rate drop like a rock and think stuff this I'm off while the players who have awful win rate find theirs rise and think its great till all you have left are awful players and bots in each team

don't think because we have a mm that balances ships that its skill based mm because it is not

nobody likes the games where you win/lose 15-0 ect but these games are rare

Beta Tester
61 posts
7,134 battles

OK heres finnaly a victory to me Good one to as i only lost 63 HP i think :P 

But the fact remains that matches are horribly 1 sided. Atm im not looking for solution but rather the thing what makes them horribly 1 sided nd not fun for anyone. 

Not sure if i can mention Armored warfare here but It happend in there PVP and now there allmost no PVP left there. If this happens here t then this game is doomed. AS CO-OP is a joke.

And i like this game enough to worry that itr soon might be dead. 

shot_16_10_23_12_12_35_0279.jpg

PS if you want to know how to play RN cruisers ya can ask me. Took me time but getting 100k dmg is starting to be easy. 

Beta Tester
872 posts
5,722 battles

The one sided matches sure are not fun at all. MM rigged battles has to be to balance every ones win rate out - I get that but the steamrolls rigged for more profit. No if anything these one sided matches make me donate very little to WG.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

The one sided matches sure are not fun at all. MM rigged battles has to be to balance every ones win rate out - I get that but the steamrolls rigged for more profit. No if anything these one sided matches make me donate very little to WG.

And yet MM has absolutely nothing to do with one sided matches. Nothing. 100% the players since MM improvements on ship balancing. 

I don't mind people criticising WG for things they do badly (sub optimal comms, rushing the RNCL line out after hasty changes and good ideas badly executed sometimes) but bashing them for something they explicitly don't do is just annoying. It weakens the genuine criticisms. 

[-TWA-]
Modder
241 posts
9,366 battles

Well I also got the feeling that matches were quite 1 sided lately, sometimes so hard that you pitty your enemy.

In the one attached, the battle lasted only 5:20, not even enough time to deal much dmg, pretty much everybody on both sides lost money. All players in the enemy team together only received 1740 xp

Had so many games where the winning team lost  more than 3 ships:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrv6s1fyeke6u1q/AABQRG-ruOn-r_RAypDI_DqCa?dl=0

I just have the feeling that its not the mm fault, but more the fact that there are ships with a high skill cap now / a single good player can have a bigger impact on the game than before.

shot-16.10.22_22.28.59-0447.jpg

• Cool 2

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
6,792 battles

yes, it's all a conspiracy to make you spend money, and we're all part of it, you've got us.

if you want to get out of being a victim, and win like a pro, you need to buy Krasnyi Krym! that will tell the MM you're one of the sekrit contributors and only put you on the same team with ppl that win.

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

ppl sucking out maybe, to many BB dont think so

Actually the increased number of BBs could very well have something to do with that. A) BBs as a class are famously a lot more susceptible to RNG and B) BB players are... too often not playing the objectives. A fact implicitly acknowledged by WG, see tinkering meant to give more incentives to stop the friggin' camping and also the general design principles of the German BB line: at long range inaccurate guns, at short range highly efficient armor. Which may have even more unintended side-effects, since if players still sit at 20km range in their Bismarcks A) gets actually more pronounced. German BBs since their introduction are by far the most popular line, it appears. Take these factors together and you have an explanation of sorts, anything more precise will require stats-digging, which I'll not do unless being showered with real world money for having my living brain dipped in acid. 

/end of futile attempt of introducing rational thought to gaming for now

Players
320 posts
8,599 battles

What MM are you people talking about? There is no MM, the game just puts anyone who queues in games and the only qualification is played class and tier. That's a match finder at best.

Why are games 1 sided? Because there is an abundance of unintelligent and unskilled clowns at all tiers who don't even realize how bad they are. For example, today I can't win a T10 game, because the CVs and DDs have been utter garbage and after 5 minutes my team is out of DDs. When I look at their stats, most of them are at 600-900 WTR. Just how bad do you have to be to have a 600 WTR, I have no idea.

In conclusion: there is no MM in this game and high tier games are too inexpensive to play.

Edit: and while so many people on this forum are telling fairytales about BBs sucking, the class with the most suckers at high tier is the destroyer. Most DD players are too dumb to scout, leaving their pushing high tier BBs vulernable to torpedos. They are trash, there is no other word for it.

Edited by Zerstoeroer

Beta Tester
61 posts
7,134 battles

Like i said from start. Either the MM or smthing else. I did not but all my money on the MM fault. 

Maybe its many little things what add up to this. Like the new MM, new german BB line being to good, RN being fragile what makes averege player weak. 

THere are many more parts to the game and matches. It might be te factor that there is no middle ground of players atm its either very skilled old players and new still learning ppl. Can't be sure. 

Im not trying to bash WG head in just because i loose. Im trying to find out the problem and maybe they or some one has solution to fix it. What may make this a better game. FOR ALL OF US. 

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,358 posts
8,034 battles

Just explain HOW the Matchmaker influenses YOUR personal decisions within a match? Or the decisions of the 23 other players? The MM does not influence the course of a match! Why is it so hard to understand?!

Beta Tester
61 posts
7,134 battles

Just explain HOW the Matchmaker influenses YOUR personal decisions within a match? Or the decisions of the 23 other players? The MM does not influence the course of a match! Why is it so hard to understand?!

I can't as it influenses so little for me. The little part is that i c what i am faceing and where to go. How many DDS they have How and what type of BBs. If we or they have failed Divisions. I cant say for other players mostly for averege player and they dont say anything. Most ppl in game never visite or post anything in forum or anywhere else they just quietly play game and suffer if they had enough and loose fun they leave. 

AND YOUR STUCK ON 1 THING. If you want to be annoying little jerk and just c that im a stupid scrub who complains only. Then plz leave. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

One-sided matches are much more common than one would think but the reason for that is simple: snowball effect. If one flank gets dominated due to one or two players exceptional play (or someone's stupidity) the match may well start unfolding based on that. The ships in the middle suddenly find themselves attacked by "their" enemies and that victorious bunch of enemies coming from the side. And when that happens, they suddenly can't angle against both. They die and the domino effect continues. When a team starts losing it often loses badly - just because a partial defeat somewhere can often mean that the enemy suddenly has more firepower (since a couple ships died) AND advantageous tactical positioning. Sure, comebacks are possible but the match - even between equally skilled players - isn't just "toss a coin who loses a ship" over and over. If, at the start, the chances of victory were 50%, they cease to be so when one side manages to sink a couple ships early on - it just gets easier and easier to capitalize on your advantage, sink more ships, get even more advantage...

It's the close matches that are actually less common, but not for some nefarious rigged MM reasons. It's just that it's not a football game where if you're losing 0:1 you still have your 11 players vs opposing 11 - and a good chance to score a comeback goal. WoWs is like... well. Imagine a football with new rules: after a goal, the coach of the team that lost it has to remove a player from the field - and continue with one less player. How often, do you think, would anyone make a comeback from 2:0, playing with 9 players against 11? Even teams of equal skill would end up regularly winning/losing by very large margins - and a strong team vs a weak team would usually be a complete slaughter with double digit results.

WoWs operates like this. Removes players of the losing team from the field as the match progresses. Of course the matches pretty often turn out one-sided.

• Cool 4

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

Of course WG removed old standard mode where it was easier to stage an epic comeback because people don't like draws. So now we have points which lead to snowball games more often than not. Even in epicentre the caps are less important than getting the ship advantage.

It shows though I think people are now a little too focussed on caps and not thinking about ship advantage

• Cool 1

Players
320 posts
8,599 battles

One-sided matches are much more common than one would think but the reason for that is simple: snowball effect. If one flank gets dominated due to one or two players exceptional play (or someone's stupidity) the match may well start unfolding based on that.

Please stop the PC idiocy, blaming chance or other mysterious things for this. Most matches are so one-sided because so many players ar dumb as f....

They don't even understand the game modes, which is why WG had to alter them a few patches ago. They also can't read the mini-map. I could go on and on.

By now I am convinced that the average IQ of this community is far lower than the average in my country. Honestly, I have never experienced so many and dumb bad players in any other game.

In before: it's just a game kiddo.

Players
1,054 posts
5,323 battles

After some very nice games today i've just had one where everything folded down in 5 minutes for my team and i found myself being suddenly alone under fire from 5 ships because my flank just stopped. Not started to retreat, i'd see it and react, but just stopped machines in place (2BB and 1 CA) in like 2/3 way to the cap and shot randomly from there. I don't remember such total and fast defeat since i've been playing this game, so i put some time to check WTR of all people:

my team: ?, 568, 587, 674, 698, 749, 830, 836, 889, 1004, 1220 and my 1072

red team: 482, 625, 686, 846, 894, 907, 944, 973, 1021, 1084, 1144, 1215

I think the difference is quite visible, they had like 50% more acceptable players than us (6:9 over 800WTR). Now one can ask again, if MM should allow such situations.

And i think that besides sheer stupidity of many people, one factor is at least as important: bots. I suspect they make a really big % of numbers at 'pvp' random games and i just had bad luck to have 3-4 of them in my team in that battle. I really can't see anyone playing 1000 games staying in red on all ships and not getting bored with it.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Please stop the PC idiocy, blaming chance or other mysterious things for this. Most matches are so one-sided because so many players ar dumb as f....

They don't even understand the game modes, which is why WG had to alter them a few patches ago. They also can't read the mini-map. I could go on and on.

By now I am convinced that the average IQ of this community is far lower than the average in my country. Honestly, I have never experienced so many and dumb bad players in any other game.

In before: it's just a game kiddo.

PC idiocy? You're not PC but I'll try to stop you. It doesn't matter how bad or how good players are, they happen to populate both teams. And the teams are relatively big, ensuring that chances for one getting a whole team of MUCH better players are relatively small. I know complaining about players makes pros like you feel better, but please, don't insult logic in the process. It doesn't matter if the teams got populated by literal monkeys or by exact copies of you (to ensure highest possible skill level) - it's not the average skill level that makes matches one-sided.
Edited by eliastion

Players
320 posts
8,599 battles

PC idiocy? You're not PC but I'll try to stop you. It doesn't matter how bad or how good players are, they happen to populate both teams. And the teams are relatively big, ensuring that chances for one getting a whole team of MUCH better players are relatively small. I know complaining about players makes pros like you feel better, but please, don't insult logic in the process. It doesn't matter if the teams got populated by literal monkeys or by exact copies of you (to ensure highest possible skill level) - it's not the average skill level that makes matches one-sided.

You really shouldn't talk about logic when your argument is not an argument at all. First off, team size has very little to do with player (skill) distribution between teams, especially within a sample size of n=1 or relatively small sample sizes. This was even recorded by the poster above you.

The amount of idiots may be on either team, so your win rate will smooth out over the course of a lot of games.

How about you take a basic course in statistics so you won't embarrass yourself in the future?

Edited by Zerstoeroer

[NED]
Players
4,376 posts
12,061 battles

I don't recognise this OP. IMO MM has vastly improved since they balanced the ship- and tiers. 1 ship numer difference is to be overcome. And I've been in dozens of comeback fights. Both ways I must add: seen defeats being snatched from the jaws of victory in my teams and in the reds quite often.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

You really shouldn't talk about logic when your argument is not an argument at all. First off, team size has very little to do with player (skill) distribution between teams, especially within a sample size of n=1 or relatively small sample sizes. (...)

You're so funny. I have an experiment for you. Let's assume, to make things easier, that there are only two kinds of player: above average and below average. Take a coin. Now make 10 (or better 100 if you have the time) 1-player per side matches, tossing a coin for each team:

heads = good player

tails = bad player

How many 1-sided (only good players vs only bad players) matches you got?

Now do the same with teams of 12. How many matches with all bads vs all goods did you get? 

If skill distribution is not significantly affected by the size of the team, you should get a similar % of completely 1-sided battles. I somehow doubt that would be the case, though. So, basically...

How about you take a basic course in statistics so you won't embarrass yourself in the future?

That's actually a good advice. You should definitely follow it because as of now, you're a laughingstock for anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of statistics. Scratch that - probably high school kids that didn't sleep through their math classes would laugh at you too.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

You're so funny. I have an experiment for you. Let's assume, to make things easier, that there are only two kinds of player: above average and below average. Take a coin. Now make 10 (or better 100 if you have the time) 1-player per side matches, tossing a coin for each team:

heads = good player

tails = bad player

How many 1-sided (only good players vs only bad players) matches you got?

Now do the same with teams of 12. How many matches with all bads vs all goods did you get? 

If skill distribution is not significantly affected by the size of the team, you should get a similar % of completely 1-sided battles. I somehow doubt that would be the case, though. So, basically...

That's actually a good advice. You should definitely follow it because as of now, you're a laughingstock for anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of statistics. Scratch that - probably high school kids that didn't sleep through their math classes would laugh at you too.

Flawed reasoning. You don't need anything like 12 good vs. 12 bad to get a one sided game. Just one or two bad players can cause a cascade which leads to a steamroller. But I think that was your point sorry :D