You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fino_93

Torpedo one by One

19 comments in this topic

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

I don't have much time in this period and i tried this feature in only One battle, but it seemed to me that the Torpedo tube doesn't start recharging until you have launched every torpedo, am i wrong?

If i have seen right, isn't it so annoying? Why if i shot only One Torpedo i can't start recharging it?

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

Shoot the other ones or press F. Simple.

What F does?

Btw i manager alone to see that I can launch the other ones, and that's stupid, i have to waste One or more launched to avoid to stay without One or more torpedo in the tube for (potentially) the rest of the match and this, imho, is a stupid situation.

Quality Poster
1,688 posts
9,133 battles

Huh.

Interesting, didn't know you could reload with 'F'.

Could come in handy, thanks for pointing that out! :honoring:

I've started experimenting with firing one at the time.

One the one hand, it takes extra time.

On the other hand, it allows you to distribute torpedoes in such a way that you can hopefully cut off a ship's room to manoeuvrer .

On the gripping hand, it allows you to keep at least one torpedo in your quiver, so you can quickly fire one more if the target moves in a direction you had not anticipated.

It also allows the tactic successfully employed in the Battle of the Barents' Sea: fake a launch, firing off one torpedo, force the enemy to turn away.

Or the 'Dirty Harry': did I launch one torpedo, two, or three? Do you feel lucky, punk?

• Cool 2

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

And why do you launch only one torpedo?

You can torp an enemy that can be killed with less torps than a single-tube-full-salvo, why waste the other torps...

Btw i just tried the F button but it doesn't satisfies me: i still loose a torp that is loaded and ready to be fired, i keep finding this situation stupid.

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

And why do you launch only one torpedo?

Purely theoretical answer, since I took the arrival of RN CLs as a good opportunity to finally start to grind German BBs... : If you want to use them more like an area denial tool (for example to prevent your target from turning away and lock him in broadside position, so you can continue to cit him), then three torps in single file behind each other are more useful than the same three torps next to each other, because they take more time to pass the relevant area, thereby denying it for a longer period of time. It's actually one of the very few ideas I could come up with how to make the line work in a less situational way at least for fighting other cruisers. My best guess, if I assume for a moment, that it's not just a gimmick, but devs actually put some thought into it. 

Yes, I am aware how that might sound somewhat desperate. 

• Cool 2

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

Btw i Hope they will rework this, they said that it is a sort of test to see if they can extend the feature on other line, that would be really good for future (but also current) ijn DDs cause it will solve the downgrading between akatsuki and kagero makind the difference between 3x3 and 2x4 launchers less important...

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

How do you switch between "single torpedo shot" and "full launch"?

With 3 button, you can select this with the same mecanism used by other nation to select the arc breadth

Beta Tester
226 posts
7,912 battles

How do you switch between "single torpedo shot" and "full launch"?

keep it mind that only British Cruisers can launch single torps right now

Quality Poster
1,688 posts
9,133 battles

You can torp an enemy that can be killed with less torps than a single-tube-full-salvo, why waste the other torps...

Btw i just tried the F button but it doesn't satisfies me: i still loose a torp that is loaded and ready to be fired, i keep finding this situation stupid.

Ah, good to know, hadn't tried it yet..

Yes, I can see that happening..

Torpedoes could not be reloaded in real life anyway, but to unload one and then reload..

Yeah, that makes sense..

Players
1,059 posts
7,761 battles

Ah, good to know, hadn't tried it yet..

Yes, I can see that happening..

Torpedoes could not be reloaded in real life anyway, but to unload one and then reload..

Yeah, that makes sense..

IJN DDs carried at least one set of reload torps and did in fact reload them while out in the sea.
  • Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,862 posts
8,906 battles

Huh.

Interesting, didn't know you could reload with 'F'.

Could come in handy, thanks for pointing that out! :honoring:

I've started experimenting with firing one at the time.

One the one hand, it takes extra time.

On the other hand, it allows you to distribute torpedoes in such a way that you can hopefully cut off a ship's room to manoeuvrer .

On the gripping hand, it allows you to keep at least one torpedo in your quiver, so you can quickly fire one more if the target moves in a direction you had not anticipated.

It also allows the tactic successfully employed in the Battle of the Barents' Sea: fake a launch, firing off one torpedo, force the enemy to turn away.

Or the 'Dirty Harry': did I launch one torpedo, two, or three? Do you feel lucky, punk?

Fyunch(click)

• Cool 1

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

Torpedoes could not be reloaded in real life anyway, but to unload one and then reload...

That's the point. 

Plus, the recharge time of a Torpedo tube Launcher  in the game is proportional to the torps container in the tube itself (with the same Torpedo type obviously), menaning that in wg Logic you have to charge them one by one, so, at least we should have a reduction of the reload time in proportion of the loaded torps are in the tube, a sort of "you can't use the tube cause men are recharging it but 1/2 or 1/3 of the world it's just done cause torps were ready"...

Players
70 posts
4,545 battles

Purely theoretical answer, since I took the arrival of RN CLs as a good opportunity to finally start to grind German BBs... : If you want to use them more like an area denial tool (for example to prevent your target from turning away and lock him in broadside position, so you can continue to cit him), then three torps in single file behind each other are more useful than the same three torps next to each other, because they take more time to pass the relevant area, thereby denying it for a longer period of time. It's actually one of the very few ideas I could come up with how to make the line work in a less situational way at least for fighting other cruisers. My best guess, if I assume for a moment, that it's not just a gimmick, but devs actually put some thought into it. 

Yes, I am aware how that might sound somewhat desperate. 

So you are one of those guys that spam torps into an area and hopes that someone is running into them.

[FGT]
Players
390 posts
7,599 battles

So you are one of those guys that spam torps into an area and hopes that someone is running into them.

I think that the was saying that if you are shooting someone or running by him, you can use torpedoes to make him turning and showing broadside and/or slowing down...