You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

One week til Halloween - NA server already has missions and info yet nothing on the EU portal.

25 comments in this topic

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Tuccy said there will be a Halloween event in this thread - http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63602-october-event-calendar/page__st__80__pid__1355835#entry1355835 - yet it's 1 week till Halloween and while the NA server is full of missions and info, the EU server has nothing.

WG EU - Your communication with the player base just isn't good enough. Why can WG NA grasp the basics (people like to be able to plan things and it helps people get hyped in advance etc) yet WG EU consistently fails to make any info available in the stupid belief that it "Giving out No Info must be the way to build Hype" when this has proven to be a massive mistake EVERY.......SINGLE.......TIME.

Now it would be nice if there was any reply from WG EU staff but I fear it would just be "Wait and See" which would show a complete lack of understanding of the problem.

TL;DR - NA Halloween event starts tomorrow, EU doesn't even have info yet.

Edited by IanH755
  • Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

"halloween is not European, so we aren't doing anythin'" :trollface:

*sigh*

You think more complaining will solve anything?

What they said. :great:

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

Yes, but Halloween is so much more important to our NA cousins than to us (read more commercial!). There is a lot of moaning there that they do not have the Belfast yet so no surprise on moaning both sides of the Atlantic!

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

WG EU - Your communication with the player base just isn't good enough. Why can WG NA grasp the basics (people like to be able to plan things and it helps people get hyped in advance etc) yet WG EU consistently fails to make any info available in the stupid belief that it "Giving out No Info must be the way to build Hype" when this has proven to be a massive mistake EVERY.......SINGLE.......TIME.

Now it would be nice if there was any reply from WG EU staff but I fear it would just be "Wait and See" which would show a complete lack of understanding of the problem.

TL;DR - NA Halloween event starts tomorrow, EU doesn't even have info yet.

Surprised?

[CN_]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,621 posts
2,625 battles

Fujin, a premium ship with Halloween camo is on sale.

Wow :o means money for wg :3

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

*sigh*

You think more complaining will solve anything?

If you don't complain and just accept it, you become part of the problem. Things only change when enough people scream and shout about it (just like the "mutiny" on the Polish forum).

I would absolutely LOVE to have no complaints about WG EU's communication as constantly seeing threads like these gets tiresome when you know WG EU will do nothing to correct the issue, but I'll still post one every time if I have too.

I've also started to ask all these questions on their FaceBook page as that gets updated 3-4 times a day, when the forum is ignored, and I would recommend everyone else does the same if they have an issue for WG EU to sort.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

Wow :o means money for wg :3

Was well worth the money a year ago.  now everyone has the identical Kamikaze R and the RN CL line makes DD work harder.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Mustn't forget its also Thanksgiving soon. No sign of anything on the EU portal as yet.:sceptic:

irony-alert-ironic.jpg

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,197 posts
11,953 battles

"halloween is not European, so we aren't doing anythin'" :trollface:

Well, halloween may not be a special day in Europe, but all saints' day surely is for most countries. It is a day of mourning and grief, so any event centered around that could either feature British cruisers, just cruisers or CVs. :trollface:
  • Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,096 battles

Well, halloween may not be a special day in Europe, but all saints' day surely is for most countries. It is a day of mourning and grief, so any event centered around that could either feature British cruisers, just cruisers or CVs. :trollface:

So true and sad at the same time.

I will buy a Fujin so I can feel better.

:trollface:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Considering Halloween is originally an Celtic harvest festival and became later an Irish(-christian) festival, i can see why it's not being used by WG as an EU-Event, as everybody knows that Ireland (and the UK) are located on the far eastern coast of 'murica. Which simply means, that all their base festivals are belong to NA.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
685 posts
646 battles

As a Brit couldn't a give a dam about Halloween. the only people that i see taking it seriously here are usually Yanks that moved over here. 

Edited by Armo1000

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,303 battles

As a Brit couldn't a give a dam about Halloween. the only people that i see taking it seriously here are usually Yanks that moved over here. 

Im a brit, and we always went trick and treating as kids. And that was 30 something years ago. My mum and dad also did the same thing when they were kids. Which 'britain' do you live in? Or is it just that you personally dont give a damn. And if you research a bit, it has nothing at all to do with the yanks 'halloween'.

• Cool 1

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Armo - Like Snipershot, I've been Trick or Treating for nearly 40 years from Inverness in Scotland to Maidstone in Kent and every single person I've spoken to about "halloween" over the past few years knows about it so it's pretty big in the UK,which, as you're claiming to be a Brit, you should know!

Trick or Treating and Bonfire night were awesome as a kid and great now I have my own.

Edited by IanH755

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I like Halloween, it's an excuse to pig out on sweets and not feel quite so bad about it afterwards! :yes_cap:

Seriously though, people are still surprised about WG EU's complete inability to stay in touch with it's player base?

Beta Tester
3,911 posts
13,875 battles

Mustn't forget its also Thanksgiving soon. No sign of anything on the EU portal as yet.:sceptic:

irony-alert-ironic.jpg

There should be a special event, where everybody drives around in turkey shaped boats, using special ammo like "mashed potatoe shots", "corn torpedoes", "gatling pea guns" (as AA) and "cranberry sauce blobs" (as smoke replacement). "Carrot pies" are used for repairing ships by stuffing them in any holes in the armour.
Edited by Deckeru_Maiku

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
3,824 battles

Considering Halloween is originally an Celtic harvest festival and became later an Irish(-christian) festival, i can see why it's not being used by WG as an EU-Event, as everybody knows that Ireland (and the UK) are located on the far eastern coast of 'murica. Which simply means, that all their base festivals are belong to NA.

Don't forget that they also took St. Patricks day and made it better by making it about booze

Players
119 posts
1,275 battles

Halloween is based on european festivals and culture, with abit of mix of Native American into it and you have modern day halloween that Americans love so much.
Regardless of this. Halloween is celebrated in Europe and is a growing custom.

Therefor there is no reason for NOT to be having such events in EU servers.

Alpha Tester
685 posts
646 battles

. And if you research a bit, it has nothing at all to do with the yanks 'halloween'.

Didn't say it did. but they take it over the top. Regardless of the origins they take it the most seriously now days. 

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Just to be clear - There IS an EU halloween event happening, Tuccy said so in the "where the **** is the Calender" thread, he just said "wait and see" when we asked for any info. Well I've waited and I see nothing!

Tuccy's reply - http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63602-october-event-calendar/page__st__80__pid__1355835#entry1355835

OP edited to add Tuccys reply.

Edited by IanH755

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Just to be clear - There IS an EU halloween event happening, Tuccy said so in the "where the **** is the Calender" thread, he just said "wait and see" when we asked for any info. Well I've waited and I see nothing!

Tuccy's reply - http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63602-october-event-calendar/page__st__80__pid__1355835#entry1355835

OP edited to add Tuccys reply.

Perfectly aware of that.

A lot of us is also aware of the fact that WG EU has always been on the slow side when it comes to announcements - they usually announce things one day in advance or the same day the event starts.

They just seem to like their surprises...

The fact that they haven't started the event with NA could mean a lot of things like a much smaller event, no specials aso.

Or, they have  a shorter run time, but better rewards. I guess, it's a surprise. :trollface: