Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
2,557 battles

Hello, first time posting here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place, or if there is another post that already covers this topic (I couldn't find one, that's why I'm posting.  

I usually play BB's in the game, but the last few days I've been playing the new British CL line.  I agree with most of the comments here.  Below tier 5, they are next to useless.  Tier 6 up, they start being fun (I'm really enjoying the Leander).  

Anyway, I was thinking about what premium ships would be brought out.  The two I would really like to see are:

HMS London (1929, as rebuilt in 1941), Tier 8 Heavy Cruiser 

London_sheerness-de-ammunitioning__de-fu

Stats from Wiki:

Class and type: County-class heavy cruiser
Displacement:
  • 9,750 tons standard
  • 13,315 tons full load
Length: 633 ft (193 m)
Beam: 66 ft (20 m)
Draught: 21 ft (6.4 m)
Propulsion:
  • Eight Admiralty 3-drum boilers
  • Four shaft Parsons geared turbines
  • 80,000 shp (60 MN)
Speed: 32 knots (59.3 km/h)
Range: 9,120 nm at 12kts
Complement: 784 officers and enlisted
Armament:
  • 8 × BL 8-inch (203 mm L/50) Mk.VIII in twin mounts Mk.I*
  • 4–8 × QF 4-inch (102 mm L/45) Mk.V in single mounts HA Mk.III
  • 4 × QF 2 pdr (40 mm L/39) Mk.II in single mounts HA Mk.I
  • 8 × QF 0.5-inch (12.7 mm L/50) Mk.III in quad mounts Mk.I
  • 8 × 21-inch (533 mm) torpedoes in quad mounts
Aircraft carried: One Supermarine Walrus, one catapult

HMS Arethusa (1934), Tier 5 Light Cruiser (Basically a Leander but with one less turret)

arethusa_1937.jpg

Stats from wiki:

Type: Light cruiser
Displacement:
  • 5,220 (5,270 Penelope and Aurora) tons standard load;
  • 6,665 (6,715 Penelope and Aurora) tons full load
Length: 506 ft (154 m)
Beam: 51 ft (16 m)
Draught: 16.5 ft (5.0 m)
Propulsion:
  • Four Parsons geared steam turbines
  • Four Admiralty 3-drum boilers
  • Four shafts
  • 64,000 shp (48,000 kW)
Speed: 32.25 knots (59.73 km/h)
Range:
  • 5,300 nmi (9,800 km; 6,100 mi) at 13 kn (24 km/h)
  • 1,325 tons fuel oil
Complement: 500
Armament:
Armour:
  • 1–3 in magazine box protection
  • 2.25 in belt
  • 1 in deck, turrets and bulkheads
Aircraft carried: 1 × Hawker Osprey, then Fairey Seafox, except Aurora; removed by end 1941.

What do you guys think/what are your ideas?

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,904 posts
3,754 battles

HMS hood.

I severely hope she doesn't end up as a premium. There are plenty others anyway. 
  • Cool 1

Supertester, Sailing Hamster
421 posts
9,578 battles

HMS hood.

i hope she becomes a part of the game but not as a ship you have to pay for. i would hope its something like an event reward? depends on tier and power of it where it should be inn tier and how hard it should be to earn her.

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
12,258 posts
8,454 battles

I severely hope she doesn't end up as a premium. There are plenty others anyway. 

You're hoping too much...

Players
10 posts
2,557 battles

I've got mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I king of hope that they do release her as a premium (at Tier 7), and then have on of the cancelled Admirals as the ship in the tech tree (with the top hull being the post 1941 refit that Hood would have received had she survived).  That was I can have both the Hood, in all it's beauty, and a fully modernized Admiral with decent armor and good secondaries  The issue here though is that if they keep it historically accurate, Hood will have weak deck armor, and terrible AA, meaning she probably won't do well against tier 7+ BB's and CV's.

In any case, no-matter which way they go, I do hope WOWS does not mess it up.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,904 posts
3,754 battles

I've got mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I king of hope that they do release her as a premium (at Tier 7), and then have on of the cancelled Admirals as the ship in the tech tree (with the top hull being the post 1941 refit that Hood would have received had she survived).  That was I can have both the Hood, in all it's beauty, and a fully modernized Admiral with decent armor and good secondaries  The issue here though is that if they keep it historically accurate, Hood will have weak deck armor, and terrible AA, meaning she probably won't do well against tier 7+ BB's and CV's.

In any case, no-matter which way they go, I do hope WOWS does not mess it up.

It's more that I would be annoyed at the double standards from WG if they make Hood a premium, and then put an Admiral in the tech tree since there is no excuse in my view other than a money-grab on a famous ship to make Hood a premium. And if they did make Hood a premium, and then put an Admiral in, I would question why they didn't make Bismarck a premium. They would make more money from that, while it can be excused by the same reasons Hood is a premium.

Sign in to follow this