You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
row72

why does every ship see my torpedo`s

9 comments in this topic

Players
190 posts
4,001 battles

Mutsuki used the be one of my best ships, but i switched to bb again now after 2 weeks or so i tried my mutsuki again and everybody is avoiding my torpedos like they can see them from a far distance it is making this ship from awesome to useless also the increase of cruisers with radar and to many enemie destroyers makes it very hard to unplayable. So in my opinion the bb is the only ship what is giving any satisfaction to play.

Players
1,008 posts

I think its probably down to players using Hydro more. Hydro works from around 3 to 4km I think, and even average players are understanding it more.

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

Hydro + Captain perk + Tier 8 target acquisition mod = almost 4-5 km range spotting torps. On my Iowa is it 3km for me without Hydro so its pretty high with Perk + mods.

Edit: Forgot to add most players know when someone torps so they have learnt to counter, i tend to fire behind and ahead of the line now encase they slow down or speed up

Edited by ironhammer500

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
10,997 battles

In the last year changed:

- more Hydro around

- torp-spotting range was raised

- Rudder-shift fastened

- long-range torps removed due to torpedo-soup

So these DDs got less and less. And thats why there are IJN-DDs are splitted into a gunboat-tree.

Which is sad IMHO, it took another variety of the game. :(

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
4,270 posts
823 battles

Also something that people haven't mentioned yet, Aircraft can also detect the Torpedoes. Useful for ships with spotter aircraft.

Players
190 posts
4,001 battles

The mutsuki is only a torp ship because its guns are very weak so the only thing to hope for is that you meet somebody new to the game and not with to many captain skills otherwise like i said a dd like the mutsuki is useless. On the other hand when i use my farragut for example you can only fire from an unspotted place like behind an Island because of the many cruisers and dd in the game you get spotted to soon and get insta killt so the best thing to do is not to use a dd unless you just want to do some spotting and maybe capping. Like somebody already said that is is sad i think it is too it was nice to see your torps going to the enemie ship and just at the last moment they were trying to avoid but most of the time to late and giving you a damage of like 20 to 30k in just one launch.

Players
236 posts
4,462 battles

You can't almost nothing to do aginst all these radas's/planes/cap skill. as a IJN DD your just screwed.....

IJN is a real pain to play and have good games with it.

Some small tips i use:

- Torps work the best with players what keep sailing in a strait line.

* those what arn't attacked are not moving so much.

- Make sure you have friendlies what spotting the enemy ships so your presents is undetected.

* if you are the only one in that area and he dont see you he knows you must be a DD with torps. 

- Observe the movements of the enemy ship in what way he dodge your first fired torps, so with the next salvo predict his way and send the torps to these directions for more chance to hit. 

* its not granted that he would do the same but some learned the major dodge way make use of this.

- if you have 3 sets of torps after you fire the first set then wait 5/7 seconds before you fire the other set, the trick is predict what direction he would move to avoid your first set of torps.

* well if you have 2 then use a shorter time between the salvo's

- If the enemy is aware of your presents and dodged your salvo of torps hold fire for 2-4 min and just flank him, and predict his way he will move to. 

Good luck and hope you could use some tips :honoring:

Edited by DinkyToy_AW
  • Cool 1

Players
3,585 posts
7,346 battles

The mutsuki is only a torp ship because its guns are very weak so the only thing to hope for is that you meet somebody new to the game and not with to many captain skills otherwise like i said a dd like the mutsuki is useless. On the other hand when i use my farragut for example you can only fire from an unspotted place like behind an Island because of the many cruisers and dd in the game you get spotted to soon and get insta killt so the best thing to do is not to use a dd unless you just want to do some spotting and maybe capping. Like somebody already said that is is sad i think it is too it was nice to see your torps going to the enemie ship and just at the last moment they were trying to avoid but most of the time to late and giving you a damage of like 20 to 30k in just one launch.

Everyone knows IJN DD are on shafted end of the balance stick. And seemingly anything that can threaten baBBies is receiving nerfbat sooner or later.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Some small tips i use:

- Torps work the best with players what keep sailing in a strait line.

* those what arn't attacked are not moving so much.

- Make sure you have friendlies what spotting the enemy ships so your presents is undetected.

* if you are the only one in that area and he dont see you he knows you must be a DD with torps. 

- Observe the movements of the enemy ship in what way he dodge your first fired torps, so with the next salvo predict his way and send the torps to these directions for more chance to hit. 

* its not granted that he would do the same but some learned the major dodge way make use of this.

- if you have 3 sets of torps after you fire the first set then wait 5/7 seconds before you fire the other set, the trick is predict what direction he would move to avoid your first set of torps.

* well if you have 2 then use a shorter time between the salvo's

- If the enemy is aware of your presents and dodged your salvo of torps hold fire for 2-4 min and just flank him, and predict his way he will move to.

Spreading torps more instead of firing all to lead indicator is usefull if target evades first attack.

Depending on range first narrow + wide spread few seconds later launch can increase chance for some hits.

One other thing to try is to fire one launcher at time for halved firing interval.

After evading one set target might not expect more torps so soon.

Also firing launchers at different targets can work to give some damage.

And waiting some seconds for target to have for example islands limiting movement is never bad thing.

And seemingly anything that can threaten baBBies is receiving nerfbat sooner or later.

Or doesn't even have much anything to threaten them like RN CLs.

In fair year destroyers have gotten hydro, radar and more ships with spotter planes to counter them along with ways to buff torpedo detection range.

While BBs have just gotten stronger with more AA agaisnt CVs, even hydro and notable secondaries power creep.

Should make players wonder how BBs got along in closed beta.

(though that DD smoke was insane)