You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drunken_Jedi

Advice for Tier IV Captain Skill

5 comments in this topic

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Ok, so I started a new Captain on the Leander and with those GODLIKE dragon flags and the other +XP flags I'm already at my fourth Captain skill. Obviously, demolition expert is just redundant since this isn't going to be used exclusively by the Belfast I'm training her up for my Minotaur when I get there. Currently I have the realistic choice between AFT or Manual AA. Now AFT would increase the range of my AA and my very limited secondary battery but the Manual AA skill would drastically increase the effectiveness of my AA to make up for the lack of defensive fire. Can't decide which would be best should I pick AFT for the next few tiers and then respec to man AA later?

Opinions please gents!

[T_D_G]
Players
380 posts
8,305 battles

Flamu changed from AFT to Manual AA cause you get more DPM also because if you cannot spot planes at the max range of your planes it is useless!

Beta Tester
506 posts
5,268 battles

I when with he AFT as the range of your AA is more important (at least in my eyes) and given the gun you have a tendency to be closer to the front where your seconderies can try to work.

I would normally chose AFT 90% of the time on ships

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i would still go with AFT. manual AA is ok for solo, but i think that AFT will be much better once you get to t9-t10. you would get great area in which you can protect your allies and take down planes.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I went for AFT in the end, the AA on the Fiji, Edinburgh etc are fairly low range which would benefit more from AFT than manual AA. When I get the Minotaur (and thus my long range AA is longer than my spotting range for aircraft) I might respec to manual AA for the DPS boost. Thanks for your feedback.