You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Dear Wargaming...

Flags for coin  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend up to 2k Dubloons for a Flag?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • 2k is too much, 1k maybe
    • i rather not see Flags for purchase
    • only if the Flag comes with a Bonus

17 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
3,300 posts
12,472 battles

we had our issues in the past few months, mostly in regards to server inequality i.e., events that EU did not get (talk like a pirate day - i will never forgive you that one!), the fact that ships got on sale on NA while EU gets a vague promise and of course the fact that you sell shiny tanks on NA and SEA while EU gets the same $hit over and over (where the fu_ck is the TOG?).

Despite all that, i never stopped throwing moneys at you and bought all them shiny new ships and tanks.

Now, this topic isn't so much about your failures, but a suggestion how you can start to make up for all your past sins, it's basically all about:

Commemorative flags

The ones you sell in your super-mega-inflated-but-you-can-save-25%-bundles.

I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind your bundles policy, but i simply don't have means to buy all the mega bundles.

And i'm sure i'm not the only one, now i had a idea that could benefit us players as well as you!

Make those flags purchaseable with Dubloons, say 1500-2000 Dubloons per flag.

I'd be happiliy buying all ship flags, and while not everyone would do the same, i think that quite a number of players would be tempted to spend some coin to get a flag for their fav ship. Players who just dont want to spend 100-130€ for a Bundle.

I'd say win-win.

best regards

a paying customer^^

• Cool 10

[PORT]
Beta Tester
311 posts
3,439 battles

I kinda like the uniqueness of commemorative flags coming from 1-time bundles though. That's not just cause I got Scharnhorst supreme but there's genuinely a nice feeling to go with owning something that not many others might have. It's exactly the feeling I felt when I won a Marblehead, only for it to later be added to the game like your everyday premium. Nevertheless I would buy a commemorative flag should such an option be added, but I'd rather not see it at all.

Quality Poster
1,688 posts
9,137 battles

I've bought a lot of premium ships and even a few packages which included flags.

But I have to say, I don't often fly those flags, I often find them ugly.

Overall, I've mostly bought the cheapest packages, just the ship and a port slot.

I think, for now, I will continue that policy.

I am not interested in the inflated packages, including all kinds of stuff that I don't need and want.

I might be interested, as a collector, to buy flags, but only at a reasonable cost.

2000 or even 1000 doubloons is waaay too expensive, imho.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,862 posts
8,912 battles

I think it is unfortunate that someone who bought Warspite and Campbeltown separately weren't allowed the Jutland flag.

But I agrree with OP.

• Cool 1

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
751 posts
8,180 battles

Speaking of flags...

Wo_Ws_Fags.jpg

Brilliant mate!!! First post that has really made me laugh in a long long long time! +1

[CAIN]
Players
3,300 posts
12,472 battles

Speaking of flags...

Wo_Ws_Fags.jpg

Those are Signals.

And while i agree that the others servers get the better deals, it's not what this thread is about.

Still, all my +1 to you.

Players
371 posts

Well i would pay for the chance to make my ships unique,stand apart from others ,or get special flags.But its not up to me .Or ,i dont know,special camos ,permanent one  for  doublons that  dont give you special reward just the basic detection reduction and stuff

Edited by Brkdelta

Players
1,473 posts

The more players spend on EU the more WG will "take you to the cleaners"

I will buy doubloons (only small amounts) but will no longer buy ships from premium shop, if you are daft enough to spend large amounts of money in the Premium Shop then WG will do naff all, if people stopped spending you will get all the bargains you want

I've stopped spending drastically and i'm happy with that, of course WG will not care less if one player stops spending, but if large volumes of players stop spending then it hurts and the deals will flow

A fool is soon parted with his money! i have been fool enough, no more though

Beta Tester
1,262 posts
23,227 battles

i vote for "NO FLAGS FOR PURCHASE! ALSO NOT IN BUNDLES!"

just earn them!

i also stopped giving money to WG, because of WGs policy and direction the game goes. the purchasable flags are one part of this....

• Cool 1

Players
1,593 posts
8,684 battles

I have 7 flags, all got for free, so NOPE I will not pay WG to obtain a "unique" one...

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

Why not. Although the value in doubloons would need to be more than the relative cost in the package.

Personally I wouldn't buy something I can't play with. So unless the flag does something... I only play to rush and for premiums. Too many to play now!

And it's not lazy or malicious. It's marketing. (Not sure if that's even worse :trollface: