Sign in to follow this  
Fred3n

Myoko - Survivability Expert, Advanced Firing Training or Demolition Expert?

11 comments in this topic

Players
116 posts
3,229 battles

The title pretty much says it all,

I am abit conflicted with what rank 4 skill I should pick for in the myoko, keep in mind I will not be going further to the Mogami, I am stopping at the Myoko so this captain will remain with her forever.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,689 battles

Myoukou has quite good AA for her tier that's why I personally picked AFT for my ARP Myoukou captain and increased the range further to 7.2km with a module.

However her 203s are really good with HE ammunition and increasing the chance of fire a bit more with Demolition Expert also isn't bad and it's what I choose for my normal Myoukou captain that's sitting in the Senjo now.

Forget about Survivability Expert. Those 2.8k HP aren't worth it at t7.

In the end AA isn't always important because you won't see CVs every game, but when there are CVs of your tier or 1 tier above they don't want to get close to you, while the higher chance of fire can help you out every game with setting things on fire and dealing more damage in total.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
3,824 battles

Demo expert all the way. 20% fire chance is amazing. Most of your AA is at 3.1 km so AFT won't give that much of an increase and SE is rather meh in my opinion.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

I highly recommend DE as well. For all Japanese cruisers for that matter.

[DREAD]
Players
5,153 posts
5,081 battles

I also went for DE and didn't regret it. It doesn't make a huge difference tbh because of the relatively high base value and mediocre fire volume. However, fires are a strength among this line and went with the principle of "strengthen strengths". For AA you can still rely on the magic button which will do it in critical situations. Apart from that dealing more damage is a plus.

I have btw a different problem: I took two lvl 2 perks alteady meaning I need a 17 point captain to get concealment. This will take a while

Players
116 posts
3,229 battles

I also went for DE and didn't regret it. It doesn't make a huge difference tbh because of the relatively high base value and mediocre fire volume. However, fires are a strength among this line and went with the principle of "strengthen strengths". For AA you can still rely on the magic button which will do it in critical situations. Apart from that dealing more damage is a plus.

I have btw a different problem: I took two lvl 2 perks alteady meaning I need a 17 point captain to get concealment. This will take a while

What two perks did you take?

[DREAD]
Players
5,153 posts
5,081 battles

What two perks did you take?

Turret traverse and the one that keeps you going after hits to the rudder and engine (last stand? Forgot the name).

Both are really useful 

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,464 battles

DE is almost a no brainer for the IJN heavy cruisers. AFT for the Myoko in particular may only be interesting for some trollish builds but she will never become a feared AA platform. Her fires set to the enemys though...

Players
116 posts
3,229 battles

Turret traverse and the one that keeps you going after hits to the rudder and engine (last stand? Forgot the name).

Both are really useful 

Okey :)

Sign in to follow this