Sign in to follow this  
viceadmiral123

Buff carrier economy - poll

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carrier class need a buff to it's economy?

• Yes, carriers should earn more than they currently do.
    • No, carriers are fine as is.

15 comments in this topic

Players
923 posts
15,824 battles

With the recent economy "balance" carriers are on the bottom of the income chain. Only the very best players in top tier make profit, while the majority are discouraged to play this class.

I made a very simple poll with one question - would you like the carrier income buffed? This is concerning t8+ carriers, I don't have experience with low tier to comment on their economy. This thread is not aimed at discussing balancing other than economy.

Common arguments for each answer, feel free to post a comment with your own reasoning why you voted:

Answer 1. Yes.

Better economy will bring more carrier players to matches. Carriers make the game more diverse. They provide scouting and discourage stalemate tactics.

Plane kills provide a solid income: 30 planes kills=1 ship kill. Capital ships have great AA and are missing on this opportunity. In matches without CVs the anti-air defense is doing nothing to earn you extra exp/credits.

Answer 2. No.

Carriers are fine as is. Only the best players should play them, and in general are not welcome in matches.

Most players don't know how to deal with planes and shouldn't have to meet them too often.

Recent forum threads about the economy nerf to carrier class:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63147-gg-cvs-05120/

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/64329-economy-in-0512-for-cvs-238k-damage-and-80k-credit/

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/64715-the-dire-state-of-cvs-will-something-be-done/

Players
257 posts
350 battles

Answer 1. Yes.

Better economy will bring more carrier players to matches. Carriers make the game more diverse. They provide scouting and discourage stalemate tactics.

Plane kills provide a solid income: 30 planes kills=1 ship kill. Capital ships have great AA and are missing on this opportunity. In matches without CVs the anti-air defense is doing nothing to earn you extra exp/credits.

Answer 2. No.

Carriers are fine as is. Only the best players should play them, and in general are not welcome in matches.

Most players don't know how to deal with planes and shouldn't have to meet them too often.

This is not a balanced poll.

You just want people to confirm your opinions. 

Players
923 posts
15,824 battles

Another poll with bias. Move along please.

What do you find biased? Simple binary poll.

NO. Definately not.

They are perfectly balanced.

Screenshots are not always easily interpreted. Please use verbal arguments.

Edited by viceadmiral123

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,790 posts
8,985 battles

What do you find biased? Simple binary poll.

The "common arguments" for the 2nd answer are made up by you and worded negatively.

A simple binary poll would be: Yes or No.

Without putting any subjective weight on either option.

For the record my stance is: No.

Unless you can prove that average CV income has decreased disproportionately compared to other ships, I'll believe WG when they tell us that the CV economy isn't worse than other classes.

Until either WG or anyone else with relevant data shows this inequality, I'm going to assume that CV players just have to adapt to the new economy like everyone else.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
6,911 posts

NO. Definately not.

They are perfectly balanced.

And what exactly you want to prove with one screenshot?

Answer 1. Yes.

Pretty much this. Carriers' economy is ridiculous, especially at higher tiers. After wonderful 0.5.12 flat repair cost change, going into battle on Hakuryu costs around 230.000 credits, 100.000 more than before this patch. In 0.5.13 cost of aircraft was increased by 133%. Is there any limit of nerfing this class??

Players
923 posts
15,824 battles

The "common arguments" for the 2nd answer are made up by you and worded negatively.

A simple binary poll would be: Yes or No.

Without putting any subjective weight on either option.

For the record my stance is: No.

Unless you can prove that average CV income has decreased disproportionately compared to other ships, I'll believe WG when they tell us that the CV economy isn't worse than other classes.

Until either WG or anyone else with relevant data shows this inequality, I'm going to assume that CV players just have to adapt to the new economy like everyone else.

I already voted "Yes" in my own poll, and obviously I have my own opinion. I expect people that vote "No" to share their insight.

Stats can only be provided by WG, and they haven't disclosed any so far. On the other hand, anyone that has played t10 carriers before and after patch 0.5.12 can provide screenshots showing significantly decreased rewards, often going in the negative while being top player in the team.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

I already voted "Yes" in my own poll, and obviously I have my own opinion. I expect people that vote "No" to share their insight.

Stats can only be provided by WG, and they haven't disclosed any so far. On the other hand, anyone that has played t10 carriers before and after patch 0.5.12 can provide screenshots showing significantly decreased rewards, often going in the negative while being top player in the team.

You just shouldn't put "common arguments from both sides" if you can't help but create a strawman of the other side. Even if you just stated YOUR opinion and arguments it would be better than mis-representing anyone with a different opinion.

And, just for the record, I say all that as someone who actually shares your opinion. Unfortunately, your presentation of the issue did, indeed, make the poll biased.

Edited by eliastion
  • Cool 1

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

And what exactly you want to prove with one screenshot?

Show me BB player that did such dmg and lets compare thier XP and credit income.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
6,911 posts

Show me BB player that did such dmg and lets compare thier XP and credit income.

Really you haven't realised yet that there isn't such thing as the same damage? You know, it's not the same to deal 25.000 dmg sinking 2 full HP destroyers, or to just make 25.000 scratch on Yamato. This information is all over the forum, really I wonder how could you miss it. Show me other screens, on which ships this damage has been done, then we can compare.

Players
923 posts
15,824 battles

You just shouldn't put "common arguments from both sides" if you can't help but create a strawman of the other side. Even if you just stated YOUR opinion and arguments it would be better than mis-representing anyone with a different opinion.

And, just for the record, I say all that as someone who actually shares your opinion. Unfortunately, your presentation of the issue did, indeed, make the poll biased.

I see your point, but I honestly don't know any better arguments to say "no" in the poll. I expect some of the "no" voters to explain why they don't want CV playerbase to proliferate.