Sign in to follow this  
warsinger2

RN CL not being OP or else

9 comments in this topic

Players
260 posts

This is a Brexit symptom , for the record, i own low level brit cruisers and more, a Warspite and since of yesterday a Belfast. While I reckon the downfall of tier 2-4 cruisers everything else is...how to put it politely .......not British to complain about.  We know the irks and quirks  of the Warspite for example , still in the right hands she is awesome, same goes for the Belfast and thanks to the undocumented shadow changes cruisers now earn handsomely, (thanks WG for being typically Russian at heart and not telling the people about ALL the changes) like other cruiser beyond T V ,  the brit CL line and the Belfast are in a splendid spot. BUT they are not easy to play and punish mistakes rather harshly, which makes them unattractive to the native layer 8. Only the very first cruisers have trouble countering BBs, needing a profound knowledge of enemy hit boxes as to where to direct your 6" AP rain of doom ( A small hint, your shell trajectories are high but vs a Nassau for example you hit her turrets from above, that is only 60mm armour on the flat top anything else is even better just do not try to hit the hull or turret from the front directly). Actually this should be addressed by WG since tier 2,3,4 cruisers should be able to own up to the other classes at the same level, and without toprs and HE AND being new to the class, that can prove to be difficult to new Brit sailors I admit.  Other than that it is like Brexit. Complaining on a high level and a general lack of knowledge why people in the UK voted as they did and why the younger generation decided to stay in bed with a "hangover". It is not easy these days to be a proud,young AND educated Brit!

For everyone who wants to know about Brits of old watch Monty Python, Yes (Prime) Minister, Jeeves and Wooster(even better read the books) then you might get a grasp what it is truly meant to be an (proud) English man/woman (we do not need the monarchy/Elizabeth or the Empire for that), or you can be an euro yes boy/girl with no identity. Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, or the classics Shakespeare etc are all very worth reading for everyone. Wikipedia is not everything, it is important to read a real book once in a while! Do not be a fb, twitter nobody, a bit with no identity, do not watch Towie and trash like that or for our US friends "Keeping up with the Cartrashians....."  (Hell we, the Brits have boatloads of the best writers of the old AND modern age on our hands)  (Bauer sucht Frau or Dschungel Camp are supposed to be the German equivalents, for trash shows not for good literature someone might have misunderstood that, my apologies) 

Do you really want to stoop down to Canadian levels of stupidity and even forbid sarcasm and irony as well as the epitome of British humour, the black one???  Yes on Canadian forums you earn penalty points for being sarcastic and ironic since it could offend people, I am not kidding,  thanks Trudeau. I earned 14 points in a quick row (along 3 accounts) for being ironic and sarcastic with the explanation: people might not understand it so I was strongly advised to stop. Well sorry I am not bowing down to so much French! (ops half of Canada bows down to them maybe that is the problem). For the record I do not have anything against the French I even own a Dunkerque in game.....  

Tl:dr while the low levels suffer as did the German ones before the higher brit cruisers are fine. Stop complaining about first world problems. The line is new and some ships will receive changes, could it have been better? Yes of course but to quote a fitting German saying " Das Kind liegt im Brunnen", the deed is done,  now deal with it if my German serves me right.  

Edited by warsinger2
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,909 posts
13,851 battles

You forgot Blackadder.

And a bit of Fry & Laurie

And 'Allo 'Allo!

Really terrible, that a german has to mention these gems of british television humour!

Players
114 posts
1,162 battles

I'm part of the younger generation I voted to stay in the EU. Born a EU citizen die an EU citizen(1996ftw) but I agree with cruisers. Our new line is flaming awesome. Sank a new York and konig with danae and then went onto my new leander (dubbed HMS Scorpion)

Btw I already brutally sunk someone by the name of HMS_EU_INDEPENDENCE. I enjoyed it. A lot

Players
260 posts

You forgot Blackadder.

And a bit of Fry & Laurie

And 'Allo 'Allo!

Really terrible, that a german has to mention these gems of british television humour!

My apologies of course Fry and Laurie and the other one, also I forgot Fawlty Towers, there were a lot of good books/ TV translations I especially recommend the aforementioned Yes (Prime)  Minister a very jolly lecture in politics and others! 

You may want to forgive me for not mentioning them all.     

And Black Adder is a classic that should belong to common knowledge and education to any true Brit and wannabe!   

There is a reason why once upon a time the largest empire to ever engulf the world was the British one, today people sadly seem to have forgotten that! 

P.S. Yes I am well aware I made fun of the current British fleet  and the WW2 but this does not diminish my respect for it but when people tell British Navy the most powerful I have to correct them, yes before 1900 or even 1919 but as of late 1942 the US Navy surpassed them all powered by an insane industrial Juggernaut. The second most impressive industrial Juggernaut was Nazi Germany in late 1944 despite an intensive allied bombardment, but since that was accomplished due to slave labour of PoWs that is not really an achievement and it is not related to ships but tanks, submarines and planes.  

Edited by warsinger2

Players
260 posts

Oh my god 

Good thing thing this is a none German powered forum  otherwise I would have been labeled an AfD dude and probably lost my work place,,,,,,luckily I am a Brit and therefore can freely express my political views unlike my German co workers ....who have to fear loss of job and home if they happen to work for a left wing corporation and or land owner 

[TF16]
[TF16]
Players
1,237 posts
15,443 battles

And you really think here's right place to share politicial views, or personal views...?

It's game's forum. I believe we all ( at least I hope so) playing game . Computer game. It's just arcade game we are talking or posting about...

Or it is but in section like offtops or something...

P.s. I like you point of view. And don't be dissapointed.... It's game forum.

[D_R_M]
Players
873 posts
15,555 battles

It is not british people as such that are pissed of, but the players that are actually interested in naval warfare and WW2. A large nation as UK should not have such a "special interest" cruiser tree that is totally useless for casual players. Especially since the british cruisers really were more of a kind of grey workhorses that could do much but was not brilliant at anything. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.1 Forum etiquette

Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs). Disrespect can include:

9. Discussion on social, religious, political topics that create controversy as well as negatively portray religious and political figures - not focusing on gameplay but trying to introduce 'being British' into the discussion.