Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mike_Chaffin

Tachibana challenge...

19 comments in this topic

Players
60 posts
3,236 battles

Ok chaps, stiff upper lip and all given the dodgy dossier of wet bogpaper that WG thinks passes as cruisers.

So lets celebrate their utter shitness thinks I, and here is how...

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to citadel a British cruiser with the smallest and worst guns in the game. If you don't own a Tachibana  ( whose 3" guns are I believe the worst) then bring your most pathetically armed low tier DD, find an RN CL, charge them bow on so they can't either hit or do damage to you and slap their citadel to christendom rather than bothering with torps ( too easy).

This should A) bolster the rather depleted morale of their crews and B) show what utter morons the WG devs are C) Show off your leet skillz, whatever they are.

Screenshots needed as proof of course, though good stories accepted so long as they are accompanied by the official WG guide's ( at the top of this forum)...

"On the whole, the ships in the new branch are excellent for hunting destroyers."

So in other words any sea story about Krakening with nothing but Tachibana HE in a Tier 5 match will be believed so long as the story is preceded by the the former or a slight derivative of. Unless your name happens to be Flamu, in which case full replay required.

Happy hunting.

Edited by Mike_Chaffin

Players
60 posts
3,236 battles

Hmmm...

Having confused several Weymouth and Caledons, chased them to the 10 line refusing to use my torps and generally had some fun I regret to inform the reader that the challenge, or particularly the Tachibana part, may indeed be, rather unsurprisingly, bollocks.

So... Yay for the devs! Well done chaps, the British CL's citadels are indeed proof against 76mm fired from less than a km! See, they aren't as bad as I thought.

Saying that the devs have helpfully given you a new port slot and put the Umikaze on special offer so for just 30,000 silver you too can join the hastily renamed challenge.

Players
60 posts
3,236 battles

Whilst I normally find the British CL line to be well armoured and really effective at hunting DDs a picture tells a thousand words...

YouHaveGotToBeSmeggingKiddingMe.png

Now for a Caledon.....

Edited by Mike_Chaffin

Players
60 posts
3,236 battles

I must say that some chaps are remarkably uncooperative.

All sorts of Weymouths begging me to torpedo them when, if they had the grace to read the forums, they'd know that I'm only after the Caledon lurking behind them and don't consider the use of torpedoes, even the 42kt blighters carried by the Tachibana, to be gentlemanly or sportsmanlike against this quarry.

Probably the sort who'd swing at a grouse on the ground what?

Players
60 posts
3,236 battles

Yep, just citadelled a Caledon too...

Sadly an uncooperative Dresden eliminated me a split second later so the screenshot isn't much use.

I've tried using an Isokaze but whilst tiers one through three are stuffed with British CLs there are only a smattering of people seemingly willing to play the abject turds at four and five.

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,235 battles

The real problem at tier 2 is the Mikasa. I think it is almost impervious to CL AP so if you only have RN cruisers ( a not completely unlikely scenario at present) it will just kill then one by one

Any other ship knows to keep at distance - 4km- and just burn it - not an option for a Weymouth

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,241 battles

The real problem at tier 2 is the Mikasa. I think it is almost impervious to CL AP so if you only have RN cruisers ( a not completely unlikely scenario at present) it will just kill then one by one

Any other ship knows to keep at distance - 4km- and just burn it - not an option for a Weymouth

Sadly it's not. Those AP Shells completely rape the superstructure, you receive 1-2k dmg from every salvo from every angle :( Thou of you get close enough the RN ships completely melt under secondaries fire

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,235 battles

I'll have to try harder then - one had a pretty good go at taking out a full division the other night and it took a did to stop him! He hit me with his main guns which never happens when I sail the Mikasa!

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

I've also citadelled cruisers from all other nations in Tachibana, so it being able to citadel RN CLs means nothing.

[IRQ]
Players
2,719 posts
6,638 battles

Tachibana's guns aren't that bad. They're small, sure, and she's got a 1 in the artillery stat, but the fire rate is great, and if you meet any cruiser showing a broadside reasonably close, you will outdamage her with many citadel hits if you can aim better than a drunk bot. I find Tachibana to be one of the best low-tier brawlers. Not a lot of health, but a good amount of firepower, good stealth, and she's a very small target.

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,523 battles

Joke's on you. Tachibanana AP is absolutely amazing, considering its caliber.

Smith's AP is considerably worse. But still capable of citadeling broadsides.

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
749 posts
6,565 battles

Joke's on you. Tachibanana AP is absolutely amazing, considering its caliber.

Smith's AP is considerably worse. But still capable of citadeling broadsides.

Ok show everyone where the Smith is available in the premium shop or in game purchase ;)

So Joke's actually on you mate. 

[IRQ]
Players
2,719 posts
6,638 battles

So Joke's actually on you mate. 

Nah, joke's on people who think that puny little ship can't hurt them with those puny peashooters. They can, and in the hands of a competent captain, they will.

Beta Tester
1,962 posts
2,146 battles

Nah, joke's on people who think that puny little ship can't hurt them with those puny peashooters. They can, and in the hands of a competent captain, they will.

"That puny little ship" once took out my Bogatyr from 100 % to zero in a one-on-on knife fight. I won't underestimate her again, I'l tell you that for free.

Of course, it was by a really skilled torpedo launch whilst I was nosing around like a complete fool too close to a smoke screen, but that Tachibana captain ended up sinking four (4!) of our ships in that battle. In the right hands, any ship can shine.

Players
130 posts
3,600 battles

My first thought was that surely they can't be that bad so not wishing to fail platoon I set up a training room to see.

Tachibana vs inactive Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald and Leander. AP from approx 1 to 1,5km.

Weymouth 0 cits (presumably overpen?)

Leander 0 cits (0 pens in citadel area)

Caledon, Danae and Emerald were easy and regular cits. Which sounds bad, but Omaha, Furutaka and Kirov were also easily citadelled.

Conclusion? Tachibana gun is op WG need to nerf it.

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

Conclusion? Tachibana gun is op WG need to nerf it.

They did. She no longer has 68of normalisation. Just a measly 10o.:(

[IRQ]
Players
2,719 posts
6,638 battles

"That puny little ship" once took out my Bogatyr from 100 % to zero in a one-on-on knife fight. I won't underestimate her again, I'l tell you that for free.

Of course, it was by a really skilled torpedo launch whilst I was nosing around like a complete fool too close to a smoke screen, but that Tachibana captain ended up sinking four (4!) of our ships in that battle. In the right hands, any ship can shine.

Yeah, torpedoes will take out any ship. Some battleships can eat full salvos by some destroyers and still live, but generally, eat a salvo, and you wash it down with salt water.

I was referring to the guns, though. Any gunboat, in particular the fast-firing ones like Tachibana and the USN DDs, can very quickly melt down a cruiser of equal tier showing a broadside, as that allows for good penetrations and citadel hits. In the right situation, the RN cruisers can do much the same.

Sign in to follow this