Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
warsinger2

super skills....

6 comments in this topic

Players
260 posts

Imagine you are a DD you rush into a cap zone and there is an island you move at an angle towards that island and position yourself slowing down behind it forward 60° cone coward by the island, below 9kn you are still not detected but you notice someone is shooting ok pop smoke adjust course we move some hundreds meters away at 7 kn and with uncanny accuracy you get hit from 3 directions in a T IV battle max were no one has radar....??? Closest enemy 8 km away.... I did not reveal myself at all I was not shooting waiting to place a torp salvo, everyone was at least 8 km out! Well outside detection range...Magic??? And nope no scout in the sky and I did switch off AA.  WOW awesome anticipation skills I must say....No radar ....we are talking about T IV here...

WG could we stop the [edited]please and maybe adhere to our own rules and put any outside influence to a rest? I mean I can live with stealth nerfs and stuff but this is getting tiresome.... 

I know my surface and air detection range and yes people do blind fire into a puff off smoke but the angles were bad and I was moving, yet they hit me like I was visible. Mad skills?   

Edited by warsinger2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,605 posts

Most logical explanation: Someone behind that island that you could not see. With detection skill that someone will detect you from 3km distance and you wouldn't know that s/he is there.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,511 battles

Why would you pop smoke if you were undetected and enemy was a good distance away? All you did was reveal where you were (in general of course).

Just asking like. Sounds more like you were detected for a second or two and shells in flight hit your anticipated position. Replay would verify it.

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles

everyone was at least 8 km out

How do you know this? How do you know that you were not outspotted by someone with better concealement? (I suppose here that you actually got spotted as you mentioned popping smoke)

[4_0_4]
Players
4,584 posts
10,762 battles

You noticed someone shooting? Was it that salvo hitting you or came the salvo after you've been in the smoke for some time?

Also: How big was your smokescreen? Did you move to make a bigger screen or was it just one spot?

Having just one spot makes players shoot into the smoke if they got no other target, especially now with the RN cruisers, which are big targets in the smoke.

Sign in to follow this