A New Idea Regarding Ammo Choice  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to a choice of only 1 type of main battery ammo per battle (selected in port before a match)

2. 2. Main Battery ammo choice per battle would be?

• High Explosive (BB)
    • Armour Piercing (BB)
    • High Explosive (CA)
    • Armour Piercing (CA)
    • High Explosive (DD)
    • Armour Piercing (DD)

5 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
12,613 battles

Maybe, just maybe a new way of thinking is required.... since the release of the RN cruisers with AP only shells, it got me thinking - What if;

Before you go into battle ALL SHIPS had to choose either AP or HE as the ONLY ammo load out they could take - - NO MORE SWITCHING in battle just 1 type selected in port. 

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

No. [1]

Choice of ammo is one of interesting things in this game. A lot of people already decide "this is the ammo type that I will use with this ship" and never change, which is often foolish[2]. Why enforce that?

[1] (but I can't just vote no, because you have required responses to both questions)

[2] See the Japanese heavy cruisers that only ever shoot HE because somebody told them it was better, the Atlantas and Clevelands spamming HE against broadside cruisers at 5km, the battleships that shoot multiple salvos of AP against destroyers, or the British ships that... oh, wait ;-)

[NED]
Players
4,380 posts
12,077 battles

OP I would never flame for suggestions. Even when I don't agree, like this one. I always like it when people are thinking to improve something.

IMO it's outragious the RN line doesn't have acces to HE in main battery guns. Somehow they do still shoot HE from secondaries. But how often did a RN cruiser survive the trip getting into secondary range? IMO they should be equiped with HE asap. Only then I might try to grind the line. Now I'll stick to oneshooting them whithout even enjoying it...

Beta Tester
2 posts
218 battles

OP I would never flame for suggestions. Even when I don't agree, like this one. I always like it when people are thinking to improve something.

IMO it's outragious the RN line doesn't have acces to HE in main battery guns. Somehow they do still shoot HE from secondaries. But how often did a RN cruiser survive the trip getting into secondary range? IMO they should be equiped with HE asap. Only then I might try to grind the line. Now I'll stick to oneshooting them whithout even enjoying it...

What's funny is the Belfast (premium tier 7) does get HE its main battery guns.