AtlanticFleet

Nerf British cruisers immediately

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
192 posts
6,884 battles

WTF Wargaming, I was playing my Danae earlier today and after hitting an enemy vessel 1,254,596 million times I noticed that one of those shots did some damage.This is clearly unexceptable and I demand that the British cruiser line should be nerfed immediately, because they are clearly massively overpowered.

In the future I expect none of my hits to cause any damage, and I hope you can rectify this fault with the game without delay.

Regards,

Caulton

• Cool 9

Players
2,380 posts
15,503 battles

I agree. They're crushing tier 6+ :honoring:

You need to do over 65,000 damage to a Edinburgh to take one down AND it has smoke! Seriously... how on earth is that balanced compared to a New Orleans or Hipper?

mQDBtw1.png

6R1S3eF.png

tB4HCqh.png

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles

I feel you man, but imagine my satisfaction when I rediscovered my love for low tier BBs. This is the PERFECT time to grind any BB line. The RN cruisers feel like shooting ducks :D

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,419 battles

I suspect the average damage scores will drop like a brick once the novelty has worn off and the number of cruisers above t8 drops to two a game again.

Up to t7 oc they are benefiting from people in t5 short range squishy CLs everywhere...

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,443 battles

This is the PERFECT time to grind any BB line. The RN cruisers feel like shooting ducks :D

Although you have to be careful to not be too fast! If you are in front of the big cruiser wave tier-wise you won't have the easy prey to shoot at :P .

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

I suspect the average damage scores will drop like a brick once the novelty has worn off and the number of cruisers above t8 drops to two a game again.

Up to t7 oc they are benefiting from people in t5 short range squishy CLs everywhere...

More likely drop when the quite common species known as windowus lickerus gets there in about 4 months or so. :)
  • Cool 2

Players
114 posts
1,155 battles

I'm just gonna say the British cruisers play like Atlantic. Fast deadly and fragile. Almost like every plane that's not russian in warthunder

People saying the low tiers are terrible aren't playing it right. Using danae (christened HMS Scorpion) I got six kills. Two by Shere fire power and four by torps. The only games that are russian biased are world of warplanes and warthunder end of story. They're like that because let's be honest russias air force during 42-43 wasn't exactly the best bar the IL2. Back on topic I bet half the people complaining about the RN aren't even British. Go play your own country's if you aint happy with ours. Or if you are British and don't like our tree go play the German line. Unless you voted out in which case go play dark soul

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

Really? Im getting rekted in my tier 4, now tier 5...and doing next to no damage to anyone while they always citadel me with my 10km spot range that is half the map...

• Cool 2

[DPT]
Beta Tester
1,527 posts
2,496 battles

Really? Im getting rekted in my tier 4, now tier 5...and doing next to no damage to anyone while they always citadel me with my 10km spot range that is half the map...

They are better at tier 6+.
Edited by Sidian42

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

They are better at tier 6+.

Its going to be a struggle to not smash my face against the wall getting 50k exp for the leander class.

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Apparently the British AP shell also has a better pen when shooting at angled ships if you believe that one too.

Only thing the British cruiser is good for is wrecking your stats and boosting other peoples stats.

Edited by Venatacia

Players
277 posts
11,530 battles

I agree. They're crushing tier 6+ :honoring:

You need to do over 65,000 damage to a Edinburgh to take one down AND it has smoke! Seriously... how on earth is that balanced compared to a New Orleans or Hipper?

*snipped tables*

Try that again in a week's time with 'When:' set to '1 week'. All of those stats are residual from the test period.

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,379 battles

Made it to Danae now, havn't had a single bad game in any of the British CL so far. Going through the low tiers I averaged 25k damage/match on Weymouth, and about 38 both on Caledon and Danae. Quite ok for low tier CLs in my book.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,735 battles

2624.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Get gud, fanboys :red_button:

Spoiler

Edited by aboomination
  • Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I am a pretty abysmal player, by anyone's standards, but this last couple of days I have played nothing but Brits T4,5 and 6, and guess what? My WR is creeping up, not by much but it is moving. Up a full 1.2%.

And my top ships? 

Leander 75% WR

Emerald 63%WR

Danae 58% WR

Belfast . . . we wont mention that *coughs* . . it isn't so rosy

Most folk seem to hate the British line, but it looks like I may have finally found my niche

Edited by The_Tyke

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

WTF Wargaming, I was playing my Danae earlier today and after hitting an enemy vessel 1,254,596 million times I noticed that one of those shots did some damage.

Don't worry if occasional hit damages enemy.

In return Danae has nice squishy citadel for any AP and if its angled HE will do just fine.

Couple matches ago got citadel hit to Danae with 130mm HE...

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

WTF Wargaming, I was playing my Danae earlier today and after hitting an enemy vessel 1,254,596 million times I noticed that one of those shots did some damage.

Regards,

Caulton

Replay or it didn't happen. :child:
  • Cool 1

[-MM]
Players
99 posts
10,322 battles

More likely drop when the quite common species known as windowus lickerus gets there in about 4 months or so. :)

You slowing down your grind rates these days then Bush? :teethhappy:

How you doing these days anyway?

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Oh I absolutely LOVE the RN line! They make the 17th century RN look good! Really time to grind the german BB's. Just look at them funny, aim in their general direction and it's a guaranteed citadel!

Players
1,473 posts

I think the game is a mess atm, the game is totally unbalanced. I think greed is the main culprit, i said before i will not buy anymore premium ships and i won't, i won't even bother leveling up the RN line, games are much shorter and cost are much higher

It's a shame such a greedy company release such a game with great potential, give this game to Blizzard and it would rise in popularity at an alarming rate

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
1,333 posts

Apparently the British AP shell also has a better pen when shooting at angled ships if you believe that one too.

Only thing the British cruiser is good for is wrecking your stats and boosting other peoples stats.

Well, yes and no. I can't remember that I have any overpens with it anymore ( I have the tier 6 Leander). But even a IJN DD just needs to angle and you won't do any damage anymore. Happened to me. Hit that DD bugger with several salvos and did no fu**ing damage at all.

Atm those ships are the main target for any BB that is spotting them. According to the WG "Guide" for the RN CLs you should avoid BBs. But how can you do that if each side has 4 or 5 of them? And its not like they don' t have range so they can't get you.