You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nebojsha67

kamikaze on Japanese carriers

16 comments in this topic

[D-O-D]
[D-O-D]
Players
60 posts
18,110 battles

I know that I touch  hornet's nest with this, but I have to ask what you think about kamikaze on IJN carriers? Of course, only at a higher tier, for example, from t9. Since I am not a player who plays with the carriers I can only calculate with numbers, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

10 to 20 kamikaze planes on an aircraft carrier (too much?), and the damage should be HE, just higher than that done by DB.

(Now I am waiting to BB players throw me to the lions, crucified on the cross or stoned.)

Edited by Nebojsha67

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Actually this idea is somewhere on the forum.

But the idea was - CV planes are out of ammunition and you can do some kamikaze with them.

Not bad thing but as everything it should be balanced.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,027 battles

WG said never ever, because this topics may offend quite lot of people, especially on NA and Asia servers

deal with it mate :honoring:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

IJN CV planes never kamikazed, they were expensive to train and too valuable. Kamikaze planes were ground launched.

Players
1,401 posts
3,712 battles

Also adding new features to CVs is something we can only dream of. WG first needs to fix bugs and the bad interface, followed by a complete rebalance of the CV economy which is punishing and unfair, as well as a complete overhaul of the AA, since there is too many ships that are completely save from equal tier CVs when solo - and I'm not talking about US cruisers. If there were 4 CVs per game every match I think the AA would be okay, but WG officially removed 4 CV matches from higher tiers, so there is no reason for this power of AA.

This and what the others said. I mean, we were discussing fighters strafing ships to lessen the AA power too, but again - new feature for basically unplayed class? Lowest priority.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,908 battles

I know that I touch  hornet's nest with this, but I have to ask what you think about kamikaze on IJN carriers? Of course, only at a higher tier, for example, from t9. Since I am not a player who plays with the carriers I can only calculate with numbers, but I'd like to hear your opinion.
10 to 20 kamikaze planes on an aircraft carrier (too much?), and the damage should be HE, just higher than that done by DB.
(Now I am waiting to BB players throw me to the lions, crucified on the cross or stoned.)

you Do realise what a Kamakazee was?

They were almost all ill trained pilots in obsolete aircraft. Operating from land bases. Apart from the very few occations where a pilot in a heavily damage plane crashed his ride in to a ship on Purpose. To my knolidge there was never a Devine wind attack launched from a Carrier. So i dont rely see why they should be in game.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,071 posts
9,786 battles

This idea was always going to crash and burn...

Not really organized kamikaze actually were well planed. Thats why random planes crashing on A CV or cruiser had little efect while doing the same with locked bombs did cause significant damage. But as metioned it were only done from landbases and it dont fit the CV battle doctrine.  Portrayed in Wows. 

Anybody calling for kamikaze has no clue about history at all.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
7,223 battles

you Do realise what a Kamakazee was?

They were almost all ill trained pilots in obsolete aircraft. Operating from land bases. Apart from the very few occations where a pilot in a heavily damage plane crashed his ride in to a ship on Purpose. To my knolidge there was never a Devine wind attack launched from a Carrier. So i dont rely see why they should be in game.

Your knolidge is wrong.

But your observation about them never being launched from CVs settles it.

[D-O-D]
[D-O-D]
Players
60 posts
18,110 battles

To my knolidge there was never a Devine wind attack launched from a Carrier. So i dont rely see why they should be in game.

I did not know this information that they were not taking off from aircraft carriers. I knew that Betty bombers were used in some cases as carriers of Ohka, but not this about the airport grounds on the islands. Thanks for the clarification :)

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Kamikaze will never be added to this game, because it is symbolic of some very bad stuff.

Nukes will never be added to this game, as WMDs are a sensitive topic, and not a matter of joke and play.

Submarines will never be added to this game, as they represent an ill-spirited face of war, due to their nature of usage, and are inhumane due to the inability to provide escape for its occupants in the scenario of destruction.

There are certain lines that should not be crossed, and Wargame is smart to not cross them.

Edit: In the final stages of the war, Germany designed Kamikaze rocket planes as well, but they were never put into production and usage, as there were complications regarding the life of the pilot. It was meant for the kamikaze plane to strike British soil, but the pilot was to parachute out during the final stages of flight. However, due to difficulty of design, there was no way to guarantee that the pilot could successfully parachute out of such a fast plane, nor whether the plane could still even remotely hit its target after the pilot bailing out at a safe distance (which was quite a distance).

Edited by KarmaQU_EU

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,908 battles

Your knolidge is wrong.

But your observation about them never being launched from CVs settles it.

Not sure what part you are saying is wrong..

The initial Kamakazee squadrons were well trained but the vast bulk were not. One of the reasons so many did not reach there targets as many had had no combat training at all. if a USN fighter sore them they were dead period that had no dogfighing skills or evasion skills at all. Most attacks had guide aircraft (pilots the did not crash they went home) as many could not navigate

Main planes used Zero A6M was outdated by 1943 and was only still in service as they could not build there newer better fighters fast enough

next was Nakajima B5N these Torp Bombers had been withdrawn from front line service and were acting as target Tugs and ASW planes before being pressed back in to service as Kamakazee planes

next we have the Aichi D3A or VAL had been replaced by the  Yokosuka D4Y so again and outdated plane

Edited by T0byJug

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
7,223 battles

Submarines will never be added to this game, as they represent an ill-spirited face of war, due to their nature of usage, and are inhumane due to the inability to provide escape for its occupants in the scenario of destruction.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with why there are no and will be no submarines in WoWS.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
7,223 battles

..To my knolidge there was never a Devine wind attack launched from a Carrier. So i dont rely see why they should be in game.

Your knolidge is wrong.

Not sure what part you are saying is wrong..

I was humorously* pointing out that your spelling of "knowledge" was incorrect.  I agree with what you are saying about the Kamikazes.

* Acknowledging humour is not universal.

Edited by Hedgehog1963
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,908 battles

I was humorously* pointing out that your spelling of "knowledge" was incorrect.  I agree with what you are saying about the Kamikazes.

* Acknowledging humour is not universal.  :P

ARRRRRR

One Problem with that!!!!!! I did not see a difference between my spelling and yours so it went way over my head!!!! :hiding:

Surprised you have not noticed before my spelling or rather lack of is legendary here on the forum.

Edited by T0byJug

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles

That has nothing whatsoever to do with why there are no and will be no submarines in WoWS.

Actually, according to a Dev Q&A, subs are now quite possible.

And i'm very happy with that...

And regarding the Kamikaze...with planes? No.

You can however do a Kamikaze run with the CV itself, much more satisfying and yields immediate results.

Edited by Jethro_Grey