You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lordeh

Royal Navy Cruisers (again)

12 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
4,991 battles

The gremlins in the night came and stole all the topics and posts about the Royal Navy cruisers because the feedback was nearly all negative.

I thought it would be a good idea to try to say something positive about the new cruiser line so here goes.

"I think playing the new Royal Navy cruiser line is slightly more fun than having your leg amputated without an aesthetic but there is not much in it"

What do you think?, try to keep it positive like I have

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
454 posts
8,396 battles

I can keep it positive, I had a blast yesterday on my T4 and T5 Brits, and today the Belfast is my best mate.

And those threads were moved, not deleted, btw

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,082 battles

Well I free exp'ed up to Fiji and played probs 4 games yesterday.

Personally I really enjoyed playing it. I find it refreshing to have to adapt my play style to suit these ships, I had to concentrate ALOT more on my position and situation to get the best out of the ship as you really don't want to get shot at.

I found this a lot more engaging than normal and had a blast playing it. But yes I can see that it's defo NOT a noob friendly ship at all. Put a foot wrong and you get nuked for sure so I can see how some will hate it.

I found myself playing a lot more support style with the ship. Sticking with the bbs providing supporting fire / dd screen for them and also smoking them up when needed. Seems that keeping at range and using the godlike acceleration to dodge shots is the way to. but it's defo not a front line ship.

I enjoyed it so far looking forward to playing some more of it later on

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

Yes OP, lots of positive stuff has come from the release of the RN cruiser line. For me personally I decided to claim a little of my life back by not playing so much. I've waited for the RN for an age, and after reading all the feedback I thought 'what a great time to exercise restraint and will power'. I'm winning because as time goes by my will power strengthens to never research a single RN vessel in silent protest. Only a day so far, but with each moment I get stronger. It was a major slap in the face from WG, an insult to many in their loyal playerbase, but I am learning to turn the other cheek and adopt a more ghandi'esk approach. I believe I am a better man for it.

I also positively believe WG messed up dramatically, but I must thank them for making me realise how much more important other stuff in life is.

#atleastIhavetheBelfastnowsowhocaresaboutthefailRNlineandthanksWGforturningsomethingsoexcitingintoahugedisappointmentafterwaitingsolongfortheRN

Edited by Shaka_D
  • Cool 3

[PC]
Players
306 posts

The Leander is not too bad.....at least the guns combined with low detection mean you can actually damage things.

THE BIG PROBLEM NOW IS BEING IN CONTINUAL T8 BATTLES. YEAH. 

This is showing how much of a joke this game is. How players with unskilled captains will cope with, let alone enjoy the game play, is beyond me.

Don't even bother getting a Belfast without a minimum of a 15 point captain, even my Leander rips hole in them. It looks very fragile. Without this captain, Flamu style games will not happen and like a lot of Belfast's I have seen this morning, they are propping the score table up generally.

Edited by Gudgeon

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

RN is fine, people just struggle to adapt for now. Things will change once people adapted fully :)

[OLEUM]
Players
57 posts
8,250 battles
For me the difference between T5 and T6 is night and day much more enjoyable from T6 onward....just had a few games with the Belfast, big thumbs up. 

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
5,477 battles

4 games so far. Lost one in the black swam, but had enough XP to move on to tier 2. 2 wins in the Weymouth to unlock Danae, ship seemed ok. Bought Danae, free XP'd the hull and FCS. Fresh captain with 1 skill point, no premium consumables. First battle 7 kills, almost 58k damage. From what I hear the tier 6 isn't bad either and those that follow are just better than the ones before. Even if tier 4 and 5 suck, I'll get through them somehow, 1-3 are definitely ok in my book.

edit: http://wowreplays.com/Replay/19893 before someone thinks I make stuff up

Edited by Crooq_Lionfang

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles

Done the tiers 1-3 so far. Line plays very similarly to the phoenix  (or at least how I play the phoenix). Only real irritating part was detonating on full health so they're now getting the flag.

Haven't tried anything higher but so far not as bad as people are making out. Maybe the tier 4/5 will be worse

Players
1,052 posts

The gremlins in the night came and stole all the topics and posts about the Royal Navy cruisers because the feedback was nearly all negative.

I thought it would be a good idea to try to say something positive about the new cruiser line so here goes.

"I think playing the new Royal Navy cruiser line is slightly more fun than having your leg amputated without an aesthetic but there is not much in it"

What do you think?, try to keep it positive like I have

​Seriously man, put it in the bloody cruiser thread where the others now are. WG will move it. Its not hard to work out is it. You do know there is more that one thread.