Shamelessmercenary

Bring back Daily Missions

18 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
6,336 battles

I don't understand the reasoning behind getting rid of daily missions to replace them with just grinding.

I really liked Daily Missions because:

- they were short

- they were easy

- they were varied

- they encouraged me to play different types of ships

I get that people might like the new Loot Containers, but I don't see why getting something new has to take away something that was good and that people liked. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,032 posts
2,700 battles

Because we would get too many credits.

:amazed:  Sure...  50000 Cr from a daily mission...  :D

Players
419 posts
7,354 battles

I prefer containers because with missions sometimes the mission takes precedence over playing well. 

Set 75 fires missions just means HE spam instead of using AP when it would be beneficial, ignoring base cap to go for that BB kill instead.

Having both containers and daily missions is probably not an option. WG decided that most players would probably prefer containers over daily missions. And containers have a gambling aspect which is good for revenue.

[TIPC]
Players
344 posts
16,128 battles

I don't understand the reasoning behind getting rid of daily missions to replace them with just grinding.

I really liked Daily Missions because:

- they were short

- they were easy

- they were varied

- they encouraged me to play different types of ships

I get that people might like the new Loot Containers, but I don't see why getting something new has to take away something that was good and that people liked. 

u forgot also one reason why u like the daily misions.

_YOU ARE NOOB!!

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,674 posts
5,558 battles

Getting 2k xp isn't exactly a long task, nor is it a hard task.

Given the quantity of +100% camos they're giving out now for example  10 just for playing a few games on test server, loads in crates (mate got 50 of them first container) then 12,500 isn't that hard either.

The container requirements are as varied as you like. Notably you can complete them in anything, at any tier, in any mode. Good luck completeing the kill 20 planes if you're currently grinding the IJN DD line. 

Regarding getting you to play something different, is it really that hard to just choose to.use something different for a while?

On the other hand, containers are obtainable by all, give more rewards, give better rewards, and have the added excitement of occasionally giving amazing rewards

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

Nothing that Containers offer could not be done through the Daily missions.

And Daily missions offered some variety in their requirements that are not there with these Containers. A "Get 15 torpedo hits" mission forced me to play Destroyers or Cruisers, a "Do X amount of damage" mission was easier with BBs. Now I don't need to because I can take a BB (probably the most played class right now due to balance reasons) and do all those XP requirements with no need to play anything different.

Players
3 posts
6,336 battles

OK... talking about how much you LOOOOVE containers is totally off-topic. 

If you really hated Daily Missions, then that is a sensible contribution.

If you think they caused people to play badly, that is a sensible contribution (I don't agree with you, but I respect that is your opinion) 

If you think we can only have one and not the other, and therefore your love for Containers means that Daily Missions have to die... what are you smoking dude?

[RN-R]
[RN-R]
Beta Tester
116 posts
5,737 battles

The containers animation is becoming really irritating very quickly.......

[OFFS]
Players
125 posts
21,074 battles

Please don't !!!

I simply cannot understand people lamenting for receiving a gift.

Daily mission in my understanding means ONE per DAY, hence ONE Reward !  Now you get 3 of them! for 2000 exp (which nobody can complain it is hard to get.)

You want more ?  no problem 10.500 exp later you get another 3 rewards.

Are you a dedicated follower of (f )passion ?:child: Then get the third container for 9 rewards in a single day.

Or maybe you prefer to gamble for a single, more consistent reward in each container.

Before arguing that is too hard, learn that in PT I made the 3 for two accounts in an evening.

I am not a very good player and without the bonuses gifted in PT I still can make the 37k in weekend for my account.

And that was just for "what", for the "how" part see opinion on shooting aircraft with a  destroyer or find the guide "How to get 3 ship torpedo hits with the USN cruisers"

Ahoy there !

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,408 posts

Nothing that Containers offer could not be done through the Daily missions.

And Daily missions offered some variety in their requirements that are not there with these Containers. A "Get 15 torpedo hits" mission forced me to play Destroyers or Cruisers, a "Do X amount of damage" mission was easier with BBs. Now I don't need to because I can take a BB (probably the most played class right now due to balance reasons) and do all those XP requirements with no need to play anything different.

Signal flags, doubloons, port slots, premium days - were they available through the daily missions?

So you play a ship class only when you are forced to do it, not for fun?

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

Signal flags, doubloons, port slots, premium days - were they available through the daily missions?

So you play a ship class only when you are forced to do it, not for fun?

Could they have been made available? Probably without too much effort. Could we have got 3 daily missions instead of just 1? Probably the same...

And right now there's not much fun in plying a cruiser, but missions that required planes shot down were easier to make with one. as could be new missions with other requirements. It could have helped against the BB invasion we have now.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,609 posts
5,132 battles

I like the new system - it enables the payer to choose what type of reward they get from their efforts.

I do somewhat agree with the change from something specific to a more general xp 'grind' approach. But, I understood the previous approach in tyring to encourage players to experience a wider variety of the game itself than perhaps their natural inclinations took them towards.

Players
116 posts
3,229 battles

The new system gives more credits and free xp, and one does not simply take anything else but the credits crate.