Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andyjjuk

Premium Ship Issue

3 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,360 battles

Hi there,

I have been with WOW for a while now but only recently started purchasing Premium ships. I was on the understanding that if I Captained a premium ship and chose to place my Premium Ship (Warspite) Captain into another ship (Weymouth) i wouldnt loose any skils?

When I moved ships my Warspite Captain lost all his skills. SShould this happen?

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,563 battles

It's a bit more complicated than that.

A captain can only be trained for a single specific ship. Premium ships bypass that limitation by not requiring a captain specialization, so you can freely switch captains of the same nation to them without any retraining required. That however doesn't work with regular ships like the Weymouth.

What you can do however is switch a captain to a regular ship -> start to retrain the captain for that ship -> switch the now retraining captain back to the premium ship and actually do the retraining on that one. That is because even if a captain is undergoing retraining, all his skills will work without penalties on a premium ship. And once he's fully retraining, you can switch him back to the regular ship you've retrained him for. You can also switch him to any premium ship of the same nation to earn more captain XP, because for as long as the captain keeps his ship specialization (that will only change after retraining him for another ship), he can always be freely reassigned to the same ship, no matter how many other premium ships you use him in between.

Or in short:

You'll need to retrain that Warspite captain for the Weymouth first. Free captain switching only works towards premium ships.

Edited by Aotearas

Sign in to follow this