Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Implicitlee

Being out spotted in open water

10 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts

I have a 5.8km Detectable range in my Fletcher, and I am being out spotted in open water by almost every other DD despite having higher concealment. No it is NOT Hydro, no it is NOT Radar and no it is NOT a plane, and no I am NOT firing my guns. I have been checking the concealment of enemy ships before very game and I have them beat the closest any one gets to my 5.8km is a Fubuki which has 6.0km and still they out spot me In my last game I was out spotted in open water by a Benson.

Edited by Implicitlee

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,074 battles

It's fubukis and kageros(?) that are spotting you. I think they've bettered their concealment in some of the later patches.

Players
378 posts
3,401 battles

You forgot to take into account the fact that other ships can have captain skills to not just yours. Fubuki maxed stealth= 5.5km, kagero maxed stealth = 5.4km, benson maxed stealth=5.8km(?), shimakaze/gearing maxed stealth= 5.9km. So yes while fletcher does get incredibly good detection it is definetly not the best high tier DD stealth rating

Edited by Sho_

Players
6 posts

but when you look at stats on the loading screen they include captain skills my concealment comes up as 96 with captain so any other ship listed includes its captain.

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,672 battles

maybe its this :trollface:

23679092426_2780664371_o.jpg

IMo that ship is so horribly ugly I actually find it beautiful. It reminds me of a folded paper ship as well!

Alpha Tester
120 posts
2,477 battles

I have them beat the closest any one gets to my 5.8km is a Fubuki which has 6.0km

Really?

Fletcher: 7.4 * .9 * .9 * .97 = 5.81 km (same for Benson)

Fubuki: 7.0 * .9 * .9 * .97 = 5.50 km

Kagero: 6.8 * .9 * .9 * .97 = 5.34 km

Players
378 posts
3,401 battles

but when you look at stats on the loading screen they include captain skills my concealment comes up as 96 with captain so any other ship listed includes its captain.

Those stats lie so often it's generally best just to ignore them

Sign in to follow this