dasCKD

Edinburgh for Ranked

10 comments in this topic

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

She has no defensive fire but good AA and a smoke screen and an extremely good heal. She has the armor of a destroyer and a citadel size that makes the Pensacola's look like a sleek size 0 cruiser. She has no HE and terrible arcs but she can get close to the bow-on and reverse battleships and fire away with impunity. Is she a competitive ship for ranked?

Discuss.

Edited by dasCKD

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

My guess is 'not good enough'.

Edited by Shaka_D

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Not a ship for Ranked Battles (too fragile and no HE...). :hiding:

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
679 posts
1,740 battles

No-one is going to take any of these lol-ships into a ranked battle. They're a liability to any team.

Players
2,379 posts
15,503 battles

It's much better than Mogami, NO and Hipper.

Bow on BBs are a problem but if there's no DDs around you can stealth torp em. She can tank 60k+ with heals AND has smoke AND can stealth torp. A great ship.

Players
6 posts
4,991 battles

Take in a British cruiser if you want your team to lose, at least the other cruisers you mentioned can "burn" the BB`s, the British cruiser isn`t even going to annoy them

[CLADS]
Beta Tester
45 posts
8,548 battles

Did acually try it yesterday in ranked as I researched it and elited it. Had one good game with 3 kills and one bad game but the bad game was one of the worst

teams so far so wasn't so much about my choice of ship. They all just did the wrong choices and died like flies and within 3 minutes we were 3 ships

down. 

You know what I mean, we all get those teams.

30sec radar is the trumphcard vs DDs and the fast reload and good AP rounds. 

With CE your detection range is 9km which is the same range as the radar.

Competetive? Yet to see. In theory at least it should be worse, it's more map dependent than Chapayev since you are so vulnerable.

You need islands to make use of your radar and supprise those DDs on cap and also be able to torp anyone coming around the corner.

And of course angeling against you hampers your DPM.

Edited by Svartur77

[H_M_S]
Players
59 posts
3,317 battles

Having gotten the Hipper to rank 5 in the 3rd season, and sitting at Rank 7 with the Edinburgh now in the 5th season.

After 52 battles in ranked, i'm still not quite sure about the T8 British. I won't say i hit a wall with it at around Rank 7-8, but the win rate has plummeted from a solid 60-65% above R10 to Just over 50% at where i currently am. Gonna try my luck with the Hipper again at this rank.

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
957 posts
9,505 battles

Seen one guy in one in all the ranked games I have so far played. He tried to argue with me that it was OP in Ranked. But he played like a potato and on checking he had a 38% ranked winrate in it so on that evidence I am not keen to try! :(