Sign in to follow this  
Doughnut_Jimmy

British Cruiser pain

147 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
83 posts
2,970 battles

Ok,now i'm getting cheesed off.German BB's with a minimal angle are negating almost all my AP shots.

Last game was a German BB fest,100+shots fired less than 10k damage done,cos you know,who sails side on to me :(

Another issue i'm having is BB's jus delete me from any angle any range,i'm dodging like a rabbit on speed and a couple shots manage to hit me and BOOM.Not happy about this British cruisers take full damage,still early days.

Still I must percy vere(wish I could have a captain named that)

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Ok,now i'm getting cheesed off.German BB's with a minimal angle are negating almost all my AP shots.
Last game was a German BB fest,100+shots fired less than 10k damage done,cos you know,who sails side on to me :(
Another issue i'm having is BB's jus delete me from any angle any range,i'm dodging like a rabbit on speed and a couple shots manage to hit me and BOOM.Not happy about this British cruisers take full damage,still early days.

Any BB with a minimal angle will negate almost all of your shots. Don't blame the German ones only.

Players
6 posts
4,991 battles

don`t bother trying to make it work it won`t, instead understand why it doesn't work

1. The AP only has nothing to do with historical accuracy or gameplay , but has everything to do with wanting to protect the Premium tier 7 and 8 battleships and giving them something to shoot at that can`t really damage them back

2. The reason Belfast will be allowed to have HE is simply because its a premium ship and earns money for the company

3. I feel pretty sure the accountants are happy with the new British line of cruisers and the game designers are "crying into their Vodka". After all nobody likes to build something that is deliberately flawed.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

...or you know...maybe, just maybe...try to adapt to the new line?

EDIT: ...before complaining on the Forums only a couple of hours after the release of said line..in TWO threads.

Edited by Jethro_Grey
  • Cool 7

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

EDIT: ...before complaining on the Forums only a couple of hours after the release of said line..in TWO threads.

More should read this and take note.

If you do not like the new RN line stop playing it, go back to whatever you played before. Not everyone dislikes it.

• Cool 1

Players
50 posts
1 battles

You played 2 battles at tier 4 and 2 at tier 5. Like above give it some more battles. I too had some problems to play certain ships and tanks due to my aggressive/scout type of gameplay. Some ships are just as useful in battle as afk player but sometimes it's players fault for playing it the wrong way.
Edited by Anzio_Anchovy365

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

Ah, I see the sock puppets have appeared to counter negative sentiment which is already rife. The brit line is a major, and I mean major, disappointment it seems. How could this have happened? To the supertesters, could you share a little of the iinfo your forwarded to WG, i.e. what feedback did you give them?

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Ah, I see the sock puppets have appeared to counter negative sentiment which is already rife. The brit line is a major, and I mean major, disappointment it seems. How could this have happened? To the supertesters, could you share a little of the iinfo your forwarded to WG, i.e. what feedback did you give them?

I wish I could Don, but I cannot. But in previous threads I've made my position clear on what I think. The devs do not have to listen to Supertesters, they have their own agenda and make their own decisions, they take into account various factors, not just our feedback.

Hopefully, once they have stats on how these new ships are performing they will make some balancing changes

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
679 posts
1,745 battles

I wish I could Don, but I cannot. But in previous threads I've made my position clear on what I think. The devs do not have to listen to Supertesters, they have their own agenda and make their own decisions, they take into account various factors, not just our feedback.

Hopefully, once they have stats on how these new ships are performing they will make some balancing changes

From what I have seen today, I wonder if some (not you) supertesters feel pressured into telling WG whatever they think they want to hear.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,303 battles

I think first impressions are important, dont you?

Beta Tester
83 posts
2,970 battles

To the brown eyed boys out there,if you read the text,i say I will perservere and its still early days.

I can only assume my views don't count,terribly sorry to have bothered you with a different point of view.

It wont happen again,hopefully Jethro grey and Anzio will be happy to have silenced me.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I'm trying to press on, however the line has been vastly underpowered so far. I just had to free XP 1/2 the way to Emerald because the Danae is just so utterly trash. Now I've gotten the Emerald it's a bit better, I finally have bloody smoke. Down side is now I'm getting thrown into matches with Myoko's and Nagato's because of the wonderful Tier V MM where you're always bottom tier. I really do hope the Fiji and upwards are better like people are saying, so far the lines been one big disappointment. My average damage is pathetic and my WR is falling like a rock, not like me at all - I'm no unicum but I class myself slightly better than average but the short comings of the ships themselves are really obvious at this stage, the complete uselessness of their AP against angled targets being the prime factor - even when shooting superstructure you get pitiful damage. 

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
181 posts
10,100 battles

My Emerald just was dropped into the 2nd T7 game full of Scharnhorsts and Colorados. It is ... difficult to get anything done, even with maximum caution. Curse the new matchmaker at T5.

Players
260 posts

How dare you bring common sense and reason to any of these threads....
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
299 posts
3,337 battles

I started out with Emerald (which was OKish) and I am at Leander now.

Big improvement here. Tiers 7+ are supposed to be competitive in a way.

It is really unfortunate that the lower half of the tree seems to be really really bad from what I read. Bad design decision here...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

new line so obviously there will be butthurt players spamming whine threads the first day this new line is released ... happens on any forum when something is added to a game :)

" I'm a RN fanboi and want my ships to be OP af; deleting enemy ships with a single salvo while being invulnerable to Yamato-calibre shells "

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,217 posts

ITs just like British Tanks all over again in WoT. They were amazing all terrain infantry support vehicles and WG made them essentially crapup to like tier 7. First line and its light cruisers is just beyond me.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
957 posts
9,505 battles

From what I have seen today, I wonder if some (not you) supertesters feel pressured into telling WG whatever they think they want to hear.

I would think it far more likely that many of the ST tried to tell them, and nobody was listening.

Players
187 posts

Are people surprised about this?Just like in WoT, WG has crapped on the Brits.

In both games we have "different" types of guns.

In WoT you had high pen, relatively quick firing, low alpha and mega expensive rounds (from tier 8 upwards on expense). The rounds bounced so many times it was a joke. The tanks Armour was mediocre at best, crap as standard. All enemy tanks had to do was rush you to kill you.

In WoWS, you have "Different" AP, that will bounce with very little angling.  NO HE, relatively fast firing, low armour easily penned. All an enemy Cruiser has to to do angle and rush you to kill you. The only way Flamu killed that NO i his video was that the NO turned broadside at the last moment or he would have crapped all over the Edinburgh.

2 games, 1 Company, same Bullcrap. This will never change. 

Now there will be 1 or 2 gems in each tree, but that is it. Most will be very situational, just like in WoT. Some good players will make some ships work, most will probably struggle. Oh and don't expect any buffs this side of 2018. Possibly a nerf to Belfast though.

I'm not saying complaining is a bad idea, but some of the complaints read like they were surprised. Not me.

But hey, I'll play the Fiji, because it can work somewhat, not too sure about the rest,a nd will get the Belfast once WoWS have sold it to every other region first and EU/Brits last.

For some reason WG love crapping on the Brits, the US market is bigger I suppose, so they throw them a bone every now and then.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

imo the biggest pain is achieving victory with the amount of potatoes at the lowest tiers :P

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Are people surprised about this?Just like in WoT, WG has crapped on the Brits.

In both games we have "different" types of guns.

In WoT you had high pen, relatively quick firing, low alpha and mega expensive rounds (from tier 8 upwards on expense). The rounds bounced so many times it was a joke. The tanks Armour was mediocre at best, crap as standard. All enemy tanks had to do was rush you to kill you.

In WoWS, you have "Different" AP, that will bounce with very little angling.  NO HE, relatively fast firing, low armour easily penned. All an enemy Cruiser has to to do angle and rush you to kill you. The only way Flamu killed that NO i his video was that the NO turned broadside at the last moment or he would have crapped all over the Edinburgh.

2 games, 1 Company, same Bullcrap. This will never change. 

Now there will be 1 or 2 gems in each tree, but that is it. Most will be very situational, just like in WoT. Some good players will make some ships work, most will probably struggle. Oh and don't expect any buffs this side of 2018. Possibly a nerf to Belfast though.

I'm not saying complaining is a bad idea, but some of the complaints read like they were surprised. Not me.

But hey, I'll play the Fiji, because it can work somewhat, not too sure about the rest,a nd will get the Belfast once WoWS have sold it to every other region first and EU/Brits last.

For some reason WG love crapping on the Brits, the US market is bigger I suppose, so they throw them a bone every now and then.

This, 100%. People will say we're being silly and that they wouldn't put so much work into a line for it be so bad it's a case of "git gud". Sorry, no. I feel that the people making the game these days haven't the slightest clue how it actually works or plays and invariably end up ignoring the advice of their own testing team and community contributors resulting in a joke of a line for the most hotly anticipated nation in the entire game. A nerf to the Belfast before they launch it would be the final straw at this point.

Sign in to follow this