Kandly

Guide: British Cruisers

806 comments in this topic

Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
4,268 posts
823 battles

You kinda did. But let's say I don't really care. More important, you have few games in Kirov, and you have the same few games in Emerald. It's the same situation in your other low tier cruisers. And you do similar damage and similar win ratios in them as well. So, I would guess, that every low tier cruiser you played is garbage and crap, and you didn't pay attention to LEARN them. But, somehow, this situation changes in this discusion, cause...?

Actually I kinda didn't, also Kirov and Emerald are 2 completely different ships, and Kirov I've only done 3 battles in, so you can't exactly compare my stats with the Emerald on that. Also, Emerald has a higher flight trajectory than the Kirov, which is much flatter. And no, not every low tier cruiser is crap or Garbage, St. Louis for example is pretty solid at it's tier.

They're not bigoted. They're different. Cause for me, the higher tiers are much more important then low tiers. I don't play on low tiers cause it's too easy. It's not a challenge. People are learning on low tiers, and me stomping them and sinking 6 ships alone will not help. I tend to go there for one or two battles a week. And again, I showed you clear argument, why it is more important, from my perspective and a lot of other players, that high tiers are good. Cause they will be played not only for grinding, but also for other purpose. You completely miss the fact, that after you end grinding Phoenix, there is no point to coming back to it unless it's super fun or you like that particular ship. Same with Caledon, Danae etc. 

I will just pass your explanation about "**** off" with silence. 

If you are going to post the results of high tier vessels from battles which perform differently to lower tier ships, then your opinions are biased, so yes, there is a very big point if you are going to try and tell others are wrong about a line to come back and play lower tier vessels, such as Caledon and Danae for example.

Let me just step in here and clarify that this is indeed an insult. Should you wish to continue enjoying the privilege of smack-talking about ships with us here, I would refrain from using them in the future.

I'll stick with the opinion of that of the Oxford dictionary.

Edited by Commodore_Ahsoka_Tano

1,929 posts
7,756 battles

The RN cruisers have a very high skill-cap and we would absolutely not recommend them for new or very casual players. 

Then why did you make them so hard to play when that prevents the vast majority of the playerbase from playing and enjoying that line of ships?
  • Cool 1

[-AWF-] von_Boeg
1,194 posts
6,197 battles

Now I understand that not every player is a hardcore cruiser player and therefore it might be hard/frustrating for him to play those. I'd also be happy if lower tiers were more enjoyable. But it's hardly the reason to whine so much, it's rather place for constructive discussion. Remember how Karlsruhe was so bad? It was changed. Remember how Yorck was terribad and Konigsberg and Nurnberg engines were exploding left and right? That was changed. So instead of such pathetic whine that whole line is garbage, when it isn't, it seems very strong, let's make it worth to read? And indeed, maybe provide advices? 

You better take a look at all those posting this "whine" on the forum; there are several players posting for the first time and they are all negative about these cruisers. This is not an issue only for the usual forum posters, there are LOTS of players who have looked forward to the RN and that do not like what they get.

[GRKEN] EsaTuunanen
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

The ultimate "how to" RNCL of course would be to free xp the tier 4 and 5 :)

Those tiers have lovely squishy citadel with good easy to hit size.

Just move to their side in gunboat DD, load AP and start farming citadel hits.

Lot easier than hitting citadel of Furutaka, Königsberg or Kirov with its overballasted to underwater citadel.

2,490 posts
11,491 battles

The RN cruisers have a very high skill-cap and we would absolutely not recommend them for new or very casual players. 

I'm incandescent about these RN Cruisers, and you come along and do the equivalent of pouring petrol on a fire with your patronising comments.

You are telling me - as a casual player with (sadly) limited skills - that I should play any other countries cruisers except my own. :angry::angry:

You expect me to like this - and be motivated to play such a game? Really?

If you have any sense you will apologise unreservedly for your ill-advised remarks.

• Cool 7

57 posts
7,344 battles

After the pain of the first 5 ships I'm enjoying T6 quite a lot, for me its the first one I actually feel competitive in, next up Fiji with even more firepower.

393 posts
2,915 battles

Those ships are hilariously bad, tried the black swan for a laugh 83 hits and 9 citadel hits and didn't even break 8k damage well at least it's a free garage slot....

[ST-EU] Helgey
[ST-EU]
82 posts
8,896 battles

MrConway

Unfortunatly WG did this with the most wanted and waited for navy in the game.  And to make things worse the AP shells have a speed varying from 768(tier X) to 936 (tier5) the rusian ships that use 152mm all have 950 (strange) and comparing with the US cruisers 853 (tier 3) 914 (tier 4 & 5) and finally 812 on the Cleveland (tier6) and to look at the projectile arch. Please explain to me how can a gun with 936 m/s have such a rediculus arch? All other 152mm's that have above 900m/s all have a relativly flat arch, if the answer to this is projectile drag i dont buy it, 

• Cool 1

4,268 posts
823 battles

MrConway

Unfortunatly WG did this with the most wanted and waited for navy in the game.  And to make things worse the AP shells have a speed varying from 768(tier X) to 936 (tier5) the rusian ships that use 152mm all have 950 (strange) and comparing with the US cruisers 853 (tier 3) 914 (tier 4 & 5) and finally 812 on the Cleveland (tier6) and to look at the projectile arch. Please explain to me how can a gun with 936 m/s have such a rediculus arch? All other 152mm's that have above 900m/s all have a relativly flat arch, if the answer to this is projectile drag i dont buy it, 

Which is why it needs a flatter trajectory.

[WG-EU] MrConway
1,712 posts
2,098 battles

I'm incandescent about these RN Cruisers, and you come along and do the equivalent of pouring petrol on a fire with your patronising comments.

You are telling me - as a casual player with (sadly) limited skills - that I should play any other countries cruisers except my own. :angry::angry:

You expect me to like this - and be motivated to play such a game? Really?

If you have any sense you will apologise unreservedly for your ill-advised remarks.

I am not saying that you shouldn't play them, I just said that I would not recommend it to someone asking for advice on what to pick.

Try them out, practice and get good with them. I honestly really like them and especially the fact that they are not just re-skinned US cruisers. They have a unique playstyle that is challenging but can also be very rewarding.

MrConway

No, the answer is game balance. The higher arc actually enables you to hit heavily armored targets from range with plunging fire at an angle that your AP will be effective at.

And I can just reiterate what someone else here said - if we see that the ships are under performing, we will buff them. So far all that we can say is that they are different, so go play and give us actual feedback based on experience playing the ships!

• Cool 2

849 posts
2,954 battles

"Unfortunatly WG did this with the most wanted and waited for navy in the game."

This is precisely the point, why start with a CL line which they want everyone who plays them to be super unicum level of skill? Start with something that appeals to most of the playerbase. My God, if they did the BB line and put Hood out there as a premium they would be rolling in cash and the British fan base would love it. Instead they gave us a CL line, which while I like the looks of just doesn't perform because the BB mafia started complaining of "HE spam". It's not HE spam that's the issue, it's fires... so why not just give them super low fire chance instead of gutting the whole line but making them AP only with hideous shell arcs that make Clevelands look like Russians.

• Cool 4

[CN_] exar0815
[CN_]
1,604 posts
6,392 battles

I don't know if this already has been posted, if not, feel free to read everything in it what you want:

hIup81a.png

I'm only sorry for this gy that he probably looses his ST-Title...

Edited by exar0815
  • Cool 4

4,268 posts
823 battles

No, the answer is game balance. The higher arc actually enables you to hit heavily armored targets from range with plunging fire at an angle that your AP will be effective at.

And I can just reiterate what someone else here said - if we see that the ships are under performing, we will buff them. So far all that we can say is that they are different, so go play and give us actual feedback based on experience playing the ships!

Game balance for the overly exaggerated arc from these British mortars guns? I don't see how we can call that balance. As a Brit I can definitely say Wargaming hasn't done the Royal Navy cruisers any justice at all.

• Cool 1

849 posts
2,954 battles

Surely, when their own testing team are singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the community saying the line is awful so far, they must listen and realise they messed up.

[CN_] exar0815
[CN_]
1,604 posts
6,392 battles

Surely, when their own testing team are singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the community saying the line is awful so far, they must listen and realise they messed up.

Only when the Feedback reaches them. When considering who coordinates that....
  • Cool 1

3 posts
2,483 battles

These cruisers are crap.....the guide is a load of bull.  

Was really looking forward to the Royal Navy...and the only reason I can see they are in the lineup is so that they are 'easy' XP for other players to kill.    Been playing allllllll day with Brits and my own personal conclusion is that they are rubbish.  Were is the HMS Belfast?  Also with being able to play all day...I think I might have saved myself some money on the Belfast, instead I might buy a GERMAN ship instead.

**This is my own thoughts on the Royal Nancy(Navy) ships.

• Cool 2

[LOBUZ] 44smok
[LOBUZ]
4,100 posts
14,950 battles

Reported for trolling and purposeful spreading misinformation.

Teacruisers are not supposed to fight DDs - they are supposed to fight noobs. Noob plays against a teacruiser and gets deleted. Noob plays a teacruiser and gets instadeleted. Teacruisers can demolish BBs showing broadside. Meanwhile a teacruiser gets oiutgunned even by Mutsuki if angled.

• Cool 2

[-AWF-] von_Boeg
1,194 posts
6,197 battles

I don't know if this already has been posted, if not, feel free to read everything in it what you want:

hIup81a.png

I'm only sorry for this gy that he probably looses his ST-Title...

If he loses anything over this it just shows what WG is about; he took a moral stand against this madness and should have a medal if anything.

Besides, Hanzen... said the same thing.

Edited by von_Boeg
  • Cool 2

4,268 posts
823 battles

If he loses anything over this it just shows what WG is about; he took a moral stand against this madness and should have a medal if anything.

Besides, Hanzen... said the same thing.

Just shows that Wargaming.net gives the finger to it's own testers. The cruisers are rubbish between tier 3 and 5, and no justice has been shown to them. And I ain't going to believe it's because of Game Balance.

[HEROS] Leronex
In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
11,379 battles

You better take a look at all those posting this "whine" on the forum; there are several players posting for the first time and they are all negative about these cruisers. This is not an issue only for the usual forum posters, there are LOTS of players who have looked forward to the RN and that do not like what they get.

I don't know mate. I agree with those who says it kinda stinks that they are tougher to learn. I agree with the notion that this is a casual game, so the ships should be fairly easy to play. But in all honesty, I WANT them to be hard as hell, so I can enjoy breaking them. Also, I love the depth of their gameplay. There is so much tricks you can do, so much "plays" you can make. I just started exploring those bastards, and I loved every bit of it. Not to mention how great they look. I think that Edinbourgh is totally on par with Atago and Kutuzov when it comes to raw power it brings into battlefield. Fiji just rotflstomp every other tier VII cruiser and doesn't look back. Leander might be tricky, but hell, 10 km camo without captain on tier VI? And HP regen? What's not to like? Although, I admit, I was looking for something challenging to get my grips with, and here comes the RN, just as I wanted. Now I know this is selfish right. But it kinds of remind me of guys buying a Ferrari and complainign it's hard to drive at 300 km/h. Potential is huge, but learning process might be too much. 

So, I can see clear advantages, clear areas of expertise one can exploit to win game. DPS is just ridiculous. Yes, there are some things I would change. Lower Minotaur reload speed in favour of better ballistics. Make them a bit more durable while nerfing their HP regen. Maybe buff AP a bit in terms of raw damage per shell. 

And there I come here. And nobody didn't even tried to learn a line that is totally different, that offers totally different possibilities. I would gladly play Danae (I'm from Poland, and during WW II we were offered 2 Danae's while helping RN fight, Dragon and Conrad - only cruisers in polish navy), and lower tiers, but I will wait until most of the players will move to higher tiers, so I will have more balanced MM in terms of class and ships. Maybe I will experience the horror of lower RN ships. 

And, to sum it up, most of the users complaining in this thread are forum users that I already know, or know that they lurk and post here. Didn't particularly notice someone totally new. 

Edited by Dropsiq
  • Cool 2

[-AWF-] von_Boeg
1,194 posts
6,197 battles

I don't know mate. I agree with those who says it kinda stinks that they are tougher to learn. I agree with the notion that this is a casual game, so the ships should be fairly easy to play. But in all honesty, I WANT them to be hard as hell, so I can enjoy breaking them. Also, I love the depth of their gameplay. There is so much tricks you can do, so much "plays" you can make. I just started exploring those bastards, and I loved every bit of it. Not to mention how great they look. I think that Edinbourgh is totally on par with Atago and Kutuzov when it comes to raw power it brings into battlefield. Fiji just rotflstomp every other tier VII cruiser and doesn't look back. Leander might be tricky, but hell, 10 km camo without captain on tier VI? And HP regen? What's not to like? 

So, I can see clear advantages, clear areas of expertise one can exploit to win game. DPS is just ridiculous. Yes, there are some things I would change. Lower Minotaur reload speed in favour of better ballistics. Make them a bit more durable while nerfing their HP regen. Maybe buff AP a bit in terms of raw damage per shell. 

And there I come here. And nobody didn't even tried to learn a line that is totally different, that offers totally different possibilities. I would gladly play Danae (I'm from Poland, and during WW II we were offered 2 Danae's while helping RN fight, Dragon and Conrad - only cruisers in polish navy), and lower tiers, but I will wait until most of the players will move to higher tiers, so I will have more balanced MM in terms of class and ships. Maybe I will experience the horror of lower RN ships. 

And, to sum it up, most of the users complaining in this thread are forum users that I already know, or know that they lurk and post here. Didn't particularly notice someone totally new. 

Well i for one do not wish to take away your experience of the game, it is not about that at all. If you are happy with them I hope you enjoy them!
  • Cool 1