Sign in to follow this  
Anthoniusii

BRAVO WG (A British cruisers topic).

106 comments in this topic

Players
345 posts

As history researcher I would like to congratulate WG for importing the British light Cruisers branch.

Also to congratulate WG history researchers that taught me that British Cruisers did NOT had naval guns but naval MORTARS.

It seams it had to do with the Royal Navy coastal fortification siege abillity.

Because I CAN NOT understand WHY british shells FLY to the moon before reach a target no matter how close the target IS!

I had a hilarius sight, me with a Caledon and also my opponet in two kms distance , TO SEE SHELLS make a HUGE trigectory to the sky before try to hit the target!

Now i know that WG developers have a good sense of humor when they said that British Cruisers will be the Destroyers menace! How to hit a destroyer when your shells go to stratospear and then apply to the enemy for a permision to hit?

Also I didn't know that British Cruisers were in reality worthless (and they should learn from Russians how to build ships). Otherwise i can not understand why Caledon and Danae have no impact against Battleships. 100 hits on a Caiser with 0 damage. Some as...ers will say that i can not aim properly. Maybe..But i have sunk all kind of Battleships with ALL kind of Cruisers so far.

Last but not least...I would NOT be surpriced if this game would be forbiten in UK realy soon.

The reasons ? Prommoting Russian nationalism and OFFENDING UK ships and their heroic crews throught those abominations you call in this game British Cruisers.

• Cool 15

Players
1,008 posts

Get over yourself. I wondered how long it would be before the nationalistic history brigade came to the surface.

"My RN isnt OP, you suck WG. I know my history. Russian bias"

Nobody cares about the past as far as WoWs goes. Its entertainment. If you dont get that, by now. Go do the times crossword instead.

Plus, you couldnt put this in one of the other many RN cruiser threads? No you couldnt, because you are so important you need a thread all to yourself.

• Cool 7

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,182 posts
1,435 battles

"My RN isnt OP, you suck WG. I know my history. Russian bias"

How about "My RN isn't that competitive or fun" is that ok or still too 'nationalistic'? 

RN have been hotly anticipated, lot of people (include myself in this) probably started playing the game to play the RN, which over the time frame of the game was the world's largest (and arguably one of the best) navies, with a rich history of participated in battles all over the world in both WWs and some of the greatest Naval battles in history, have involved the Royal Navy.

Most of that (aside the 'best' bit) are just simple facts, that's history of naval warfare, like it or not the RN was at forefront of naval history for a long time. So people have got over the disappointment of the RN being bumped down to 5th choice behind the largely paper Soviet navy, mainly because this line was coming.

Then the line comes and it's a bit underwhelming (especially lower tiers), a bit gimmicky, a bit too situational (everything RN ships shouldn't really be considering their experienced crews and the fact they fought they had to have ships able to fight all over the globe an do all sorts of roles, really they should be very versatile) it's understandable that people are going to be a bit disappointed and little angry.

No one (or most) were asking for OP, just competitive and fun to play. WOWs has been a bit of a bumpy ride for RN fans, and now the first real tech tree is here it seems it's been a bit rushed and not properly balanced, people are inevitably going to be a bit upset. 

Edited by tajj7
  • Cool 6

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

Nobody cares about the past as far as WoWs goes. Its entertainment. If you dont get that, by now. Go do the times crossword instead.

I don't agree. If I wanted made up vehicles running around on some kind of surface I'd play Mario Kart instead. The historical accuracy and the realism is actaully an important part of this game. I think many players would agree with me on this.

• Cool 13

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
749 posts
6,605 battles

I don't agree. If I wanted made up vehicles running around on some kind of surface I'd play Mario Kart instead. The historical accuracy and the realism is actaully an important part of this game. I think many players would agree with me on this.

So you will be be getting the Tier 9 or 10 British Cruisers then...

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

So you will be be getting the Tier 9 or 10 British Cruisers then...

Getting the tier 10 includes getting the tier 8 and 9 first. However, when the next public test opens and I get a chance to try out the tier 10, it will basicly decide if I'll prioritze the line or just play it sometimes :)

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

They aren't all bad. Tier 7+ are good. Tier 6 is useable.

But the 3 and 5 are mediocre and the 4 is abysmal. And I do agree the arcs are too high on the ships in general.

• Cool 1

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
749 posts
6,605 battles

Getting the tier 10 includes getting the tier 8 and 9 first. However, when the next public test opens and I get a chance to try out the tier 10, it will basicly decide if I'll prioritze the line or just play it sometimes :)

Yeah but you stated you did not want fake ship or you would play Mario Cart :D

Players
345 posts

Come on guys...All people like me ask is a fair chalenge for all players NO MATTER what kind of ship they will use.

Ofcourse ships -in same class and tier- must offer something diferend by having advandages or disadvandages over the rest of the opponets.

But in the end what we ask for is a ballance that will reward players skills ussing a ship's good points and avoid its bad to win.

But HOW a player can win when some of the ships he/she will chose will be outclassed in all their aspects in their tier?

WG chosen to start with British branch to separate light cruisers from heavy ones. How enjoyable is to fight against ships with 8inch guns when you have 4.5 inch ones? Even so...how enjoyable is that all other ships with similar gun caliber can deliver some damage on same targets and your ship is actually a target practice for the rest of the players?

Question: Why WG did not make LEANDER cruisers as tier 5 similar to Konigsberg? Why chosen to put only light ships in the british branch?

Some say about the nationalism card. Have you better explanation when half of the ships were only "WISHES" portayed in blueprints and still are far better than real proven battle ships?

Edited by Anthoniusii

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

What are you smoking? The Minotaur was a real ship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur-class_cruiser_(1943) Do some homework before looking stupid.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

Personally I think that they can keep AP only, but they should get atleast as flat shell arc as the soviet ships and atleast be able to be relatively safe from citadels when sailing bow/stern on. Then I also have to question the penetration system. I think we can all understand why the hull bounces when it's angeled, but why does the superstructure bounce so much even when shot from the bow/stern? :amazed:

View PostBrkdelta, on 20 October 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

By the time this conversation took Minotaur shells still didnt landed :(

LOL :D They're still flying :D

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

I'm not considering ships that was alteast drawn on paper to be fake. It's just that they were never built, but they were atleast real projects :)

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 5

Players
391 posts

As history researcher I would like to congratulate WG for importing the British light Cruisers branch.

Also to congratulate WG history researchers that taught me that British Cruisers did NOT had naval guns but naval MORTARS.

It seams it had to do with the Royal Navy coastal fortification siege abillity.

Because I CAN NOT understand WHY british shells FLY to the moon before reach a target no matter how close the target IS!

I had a hilarius sight, me with a Caledon and also my opponet in two kms distance , TO SEE SHELLS make a HUGE trigectory to the sky before try to hit the target!

Oh no, using historical shell velocites and shell crh for drag gives arc-y performance? TOTES BIASED. 

Beta Tester
963 posts
1,398 battles

Oh no, using historical shell velocites and shell crh for drag gives arc-y performance? TOTES BIASED. 

How does high shell velocity = High arc?

Players
345 posts

quoted post removed

Forums are like this...Also bringing problems to surface we help game to improve. We are not "yes men

like you.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

Players
371 posts
6,661 battles

Well because the expectance for rn navy were high and instead we got some pea shooters that could not influence the current bb meta.What will happen:when people will start to learn how easy are to citadel these things ,the number of bbs will go up again...because one shot.Im not british but i do see a little bit a pattern here.Why they didnt started with ru cruisers first????He spam was already at that time???Correct me if im wrong.Instead they release a line of spammers with huge creeps of power

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,416 battles

Have to say so far upto T5 has been shocking..... ships are hopelessly outclassed in every way...

Me and div mate went out played 2 games in BB at T4 and 17 kills between us in those two games.... guess what we were killing in single salvoes each time?

• Cool 1

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

Yes, because USN CA/DD shell arcs are sooo much better :rolleyes: :facepalm:

your sarcasm detector is broken my mate :trollface:

Players
391 posts

How does high shell velocity = High arc?

None of the RN cruisers have particularly high shell velocities, Emerald having supercharges being the exception.

841 mps w. a lighter shell than Cleveland on the Leander to Edinburgh

768 mps on Neptune and Minotaur w. same shell weight as Cleveland. 

Edited by byronicasian

Players
391 posts

What are you smoking? The Minotaur was a real ship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur-class_cruiser_(1943) Do some homework before looking stupid.

Different Minotaur. They reused the name but the Tier 10 in game is the Z4A cruiser design. 

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/91688-clearing-up-what-the-british-minotaur-is/

So it's actually you who should do your "homework" before looking stupid. ;p

Edited by byronicasian
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this