Sign in to follow this  
G01ngToxicCommand0

Weymouth - waste of time

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Weymouth is utter garbage, shell arcs that hit the moon, bad ROF and dispersion like a battleship and zero torpedos; I don't know what WG was thinking but having a maximum of five 152mm to a broadside and then give them bad reload time, shell arcs, time of flight and dispersion is just mindbogglingly stupid and having a ship whose guns are only semi effective at close range is one of the worst ideas ever to come from Wargaming as that requires the player to be very proficient at the game thus making it a very bad ship for new players or those of low skill. If at least it could have had HE shells to compensate for the lackluster effect of the AP shells but no...:facepalm:

Verdict: Redo and rebalance the ship ASAP

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
658 posts

if you aim the armor belt dont suprise for 0 damage, aim the supertructer and i love this for just AP only in this cruisers wg see the HE spam problem so this decision is good.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

if you aim the armor belt dont suprise for 0 damage, aim the supertructer and i love this for just AP only in this cruisers wg see the HE spam problem so this decision is good.

This ship is extremely bad for beginners thus it is bad for the game - the world's largest navy at that time should be not be a line for hardened veterans that enjoy the challenge of 'unique' play styles it should be readily accessible to all players with similar playstyle of the other nations in the game and the single launch torp launch and repair party is 'unique' enough - in short the line needs HE.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,303 battles

They are all garbage. Dont even waste your time on them.

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,737 battles

They are all garbage. Dont even waste your time on them.

Agree completely.

If they had HE, they could deal damage. But they take so much damage themselves, whilst tickling the opponent.

I'd like to congratulate Wargaming on a complete and utter mess that is the Royal Navy as presented by you. From a joke English amateur dramatics voice over, to your implementation of these ships. The most famous Navy in history is presented as a joke, whilst a certain navy that did bugger all is so strong. Go forth and multiply Wargaming.

• Cool 6

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,331 battles

The RN line improves at Leander and becomes somewhat good at Fiji, but I personally think 2-5 is pretty much utter garbage.

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

Well RU DDs started out weak at the lower Tirs too.... Personally I wont dam a line that is weak at the lower end. Dam workday want to give them a try too, -)))

• Cool 1

[ATOM-]
Players
62 posts
5,295 battles

Well Leander is not great.. Just chased one down in my Mutsuki as an experiment, he couldn't touch me head on. got to within 2K of him with just a small fire from his secondaries. 

So much for their DD hunter abilities....

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

Well RU DDs started out weak at the lower Tirs too.... Personally I wont dam a line that is weak at the lower end. Dam werktags want to give them a try too, -)))

This so much.

"oh noes the T2-5 are so bad, I will drop the line completely" - cry more :sceptic:

Did anyone drop the IJN BB line because Kawachi and Myogi are utter garbage?

Beta Tester
898 posts
8,737 battles

This so much.

"oh noes the T2-5 are so bad, I will drop the line completely" - cry more :sceptic:

There are bad ships in all lines, then we have these new ships that can hit the enemy many times over, and do ZERO damage. These are garbage. What next for the RN BB line? guns don't fire at all, no HE or AP. Royal Navy cruisers, the equivalent of wooden swords.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,943 battles

The RN line improves at Leander and becomes somewhat good at Fiji, but I personally think 2-5 is pretty much utter garbage.

I agree with that

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles

I am @t5..problme right now is:

- regular detection range + 10 km

- american USA dd moonfire rainbow arc (but not that much good to hugh iceland like in Atlanta for instance)

- poor dmg on any angle......

- onsooted from bbs and you must go to range because your range of guns is like 11 km....

- smoke is more or less uslles.....first salvo ok..next is on angled ship so dmg is bad

i really do not know how to play it....can not not go as DD because almost 11 km detacrion range, you can not "snipe" becasue you have 11 km guns range....hunting dds is suicide....you kill him but that they blow you away

personaly i think detection range [edited]us at lower tiers and poor dps

Edited by 15JG52Adler
  • Cool 1

Players
1,008 posts

One problem you have at T2/3 is a lack of variety. That makes it tough to go forward with support. T2 games are like watching 5 year olds playing football. There aint much you can do other than your best. Get up to higher tiers (which wont take long), and a more tacktical game will be possible. Just plod your way through until then.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

I am @t5..problme right now is:

- regular detection range + 10 km

- american USA dd moonfire rainbow arc (but not that much good to hugh iceland like in Atlanta for instance)

- poor dmg on any angle......

- onsooted from bbs and you must go to range because your range of guns is like 11 km....

- smoke is more or less uslles.....first salvo ok..next is on angled ship so dmg is bad

i really do not know how to play it....can not not go as DD because almost 11 km detacrion range, you can not "snipe" becasue you have 11 km guns range....hunting dds is suicide....you kill him but that they blow you away

personaly i think detection range [edited]us at lower tiers and poor dps

​Well at Emerald too now. Hurting  BBs is a Problem otherwise: 7games 6 Wins average 30k damage... its no Murmask but ist useable especally if you think about about how cap t5 gets in MM nearly allways agist t7 geting used to the smoke takes a game or 2. Wished they were Overall not THAT fragile and wouldnt had repair to compensate. Just a try to get you burn prem consumable to be competetive and then you certainly wont get credits....

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

well, there is a good thing. You only need what, 2800 xp for next ship? :D

For me, real game starts at t5 anyway, so I'm playing those low tiers like "meh, lets get over with this".

And to be honest, what are those 0 damage hits in RN cruisers? Where are you people aiming and how cannot you do any damage (especially in low tiers).
I know their damage falls off rather fast when shooting angled BB, but thats a matter of higher tiers, and you will still deal good damage to anything not perfectly angled against you (if you aim correctly).

And from what I've seen so far: Saw 3 Minotaurs IG so far, they were all top score on their teams. Fought 2 (IIRC) t5-6 RN cruisers in my Gneisenau, and that things hurt. Like, litterary. THEY HURT. If you aren't angled, you will melt (especially against 2 of them), if you are angled, well, they will deal 1-3k salvos to you anyway, and thats every few secs. Close the distance, they dissapeared in smoke ofc. So (once again, from my personal experience) they aren't useless as people make them to be. Quite opposite.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles

well, there is a good thing. You only need what, 2800 xp for next ship? :D

For me, real game starts at t5 anyway, so I'm playing those low tiers like "meh, lets get over with this".

And to be honest, what are those 0 damage hits in RN cruisers? Where are you people aiming and how cannot you do any damage (especially in low tiers).

I know their damage falls off rather fast when shooting angled BB, but thats a matter of higher tiers, and you will still deal good damage to anything not perfectly angled against you (if you aim correctly).

And from what I've seen so far: Saw 3 Minotaurs IG so far, they were all top score on their teams. Fought 2 (IIRC) t5-6 RN cruisers in my Gneisenau, and that things hurt. Like, litterary. THEY HURT. If you aren't angled, you will melt (especially against 2 of them), if you are angled, well, they will deal 1-3k salvos to you anyway, and thats every few secs. Close the distance, they dissapeared in smoke ofc. So (once again, from my personal experience) they aren't useless as people make them to be. Quite opposite.

every few sec? :).....you know t 5 has 5 guns end reloads every 7 sec..if that melted you in t7 bs.....i dont believe :),..end avrage salvo is around 1k......so 1k every 7 seconds.....you melted yet? (after 5 minutes shooting :):)).

full broadside fusso...21 hits 2 k dmg :)

Edited by 15JG52Adler

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

every few sec? :).....you know t 5 has 5 guns end reloads every 7 sec..if that melted you in t7 bs.....i dont believe :),..end avrage salvo is around 1k......so 1k every 7 seconds.....you melted yet? (after 5 minutes shooting :):))

t5 has 7 guns with 7.5 sec reload, t6 has 8 guns with 7.5 sec reload, t7 has 12 guns with 7.5 sec reload.

Even if there were t5+6 thats 15 guns with 7 sec reload. Every of them shooting you for like 5k damage when not angled, and for as I said 1-3 k (did not say 1k), so even then yea, getting hit for 4k damage every 7 sec hurts. you know, thats ~160k damage in 5 minutes. Gneisenau doesn't have 160k hp, it has measly 51k when using A (as I'm doing currently).

And I said you will melt when you aren't angled, so thats even more damage.

Reading is a bliss mate ;)

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

Played 1 game in the Weymouth. Did 46k damage and unlocked the Caledon in one go.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,216 battles

Weymouth is like all T2 cruisers : it's a generic cruiser from WW1, with nothing specific from the nation it belongs.

So you can skip it with no remorse, as it has absolutely no flavor ...

Players
62 posts
3,585 battles

I have to say I don't agree that it;s a waste of time as it took 3 battles...2 Wins and 1 Loss and then it was over.

Yes, it's quite a bad ship but a waste of time would be 7-10 battles in it.... :P

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

Weymouth ain't bad; on par with other T2 cruisers imo (except the Novik :P ).

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

This so much.

Ah but the thing is, the low tier RU DDs are insanely fun.

Their guns are pretty damn good, even better than other navies in many respects.

Their torpedo are terrible, but there are SOOOOO many, that a good ambush means a large smile on your face.

Brits are not very efficient (to say the least) and unfun to play. 

AWFUL

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

Ah but the thing is, the low tier RU DDs are insanely fun.

Their guns are pretty damn good, even better than other navies in many respects.

Their torpedo are terrible, but there are SOOOOO many, that a good ambush means a large smile on your face.

Brits are not very efficient (to say the least) and unfun to play. 

AWFUL

Mate, what was the last time you played low tier RU DDS?

I think you are a bit nostalgic here. Low tier RU dds are garbage... Guns that are peashooters, torps with 4km range... Heck, even when you come to t5 and hope for some more gun power, you get a destroyer with a battleship turret turning speed.  (Started RU DD line like 2 weeks ago)

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

Mate, what was the last time you played low tier RU DDS?

I think you are a bit nostalgic here. Low tier RU dds are garbage... Guns that are peashooters, torps with 4km range... Heck, even when you come to t5 and hope for some more gun power, you get a destroyer with a battleship turret turning speed.  (Started RU DD line like 2 weeks ago)

Storozhevoi is allright, as is Derzki. A little on the meh side though. Izyaslav is pretty good if played right as a harassment ship. Haven't bought Gnevny yet though I unlocked it a few weeks ago because I am cheap.

Sign in to follow this