Sign in to follow this  
Solanine

Royal Navy T7: Fabulous Fiji

7 comments in this topic

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,338 battles

Note that my ship in this vid is pre-patch, meaning it's lacking the heal that's on the live version.

This ship is in my opinion where the RN line starts to shine. Gaining a massive 50% in raw dps over the Leander, the ships finally feel like they pack a punch at this point. It also doesn't suffer from the insane citadel size of the Neptune or the Minotaur, making it quite enjoyable to play.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
8 posts
1,147 battles

I'm finding it hard to play this ship I've maxed the ship tech out but when it comes to battles find it takes a right pounding and sets on fire pretty easy. it also appears to have weak armour often getting smacked with a critical hit taking nearly 3/4 of health away.

Would appreciate some advice on those using it?

Edited by HeroesWar
  • Cool 1

[RALLY]
Players
309 posts
8,110 battles

Hi my first game last night was 110k damage and a couple of kills,  I had average Matchmaking and plenty of Battleships.   The previous ships had made me cautious semi destroyer like.   So get in position slow,  smoke and shoot.   Retreat and repeat. 

I really like the line but they require all the knowledge I have gained to make them work. 

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

Well I free exp'ed up to Fiji and played probs 4 games yesterday. 

Personally I really enjoyed playing it. I find it refreshing to have to adapt my play style to suit these ships, I had to concentrate ALOT more on my position and situation to get the best out of the ship as you really don't want to get shot at. 

I found this a lot more engaging than normal and had a blast playing it. But yes I can see that it's defo NOT a noob friendly ship at all. Put a foot wrong and you get nuked for sure so I can see how some will hate it. 

I found myself playing a lot more support style with the ship. Sticking with the bbs providing supporting fire / dd screen for them and also smoking them up when needed. Seems that keeping at range and using the godlike acceleration to dodge shots is the way to.  but it's defo not a front line ship.

I enjoyed it so far looking forward to playing some more of it later on  

Players
21 posts
2,594 battles

Amen to that!

I Free XP'ed all the way to Fiji last night and I have been really enjoying it. Its horribly squishy but I have been obliterating enemy cruisers and DDs with it :)

This line is definitely NOT for the faint hearted or new players. It requires astute tactical awareness and almost destroyerlike sneakiness.

I am not particularly looking forward to the Ediburgh though since its not much of an upgrade and it has the potential of fighting dreaded tier 10s!

Soup.

Sign in to follow this