Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
fighting_falcon93

Yaaay RN cruisers! Oh wait...

27 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

I've been taking a break from WoWs, but now when the RN cruisers are here I thought that I'd give it a try again. After about 3 hours I remember why I took a break. Not even Kraken Unleashed could bring my tomato team a win :facepalm: But hey a session winrate of 10%, isn't that fun? :trollface:

Atleast I was fortunate enough to not get any of those stupid cyclones that for some reason limit my ships radio range :amazed:

HxQTCQp.jpg

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

Nothing new under the sun, just like weekend battles the same happens when a new line is released.

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,942 battles

Why it happens so frequently also to me?

Why in weekend i have same problem?

What is different between weekend and others days?....Why in weekend i'm putting always in absurdely losers teams?

I'd like truely WG answer what is MM mechanics that originate this.

...yes...included long victory series in row in other days of week.

Edited by OOAndreasOO

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

There are no secret MM mechanics, you either don't carry enough or have been a bit unlucky. 

On weekend there is more people playing, including the less experienced ones

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,680 posts
7,226 battles

Summary:  OP expected to win; didn't win.

[Edit   aaaaaand I just recognised OP from WoT]

Edited by Hedgehog1963
  • Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,720 battles

Why it happens so frequently also to me?

Why in weekend i have same problem?

What is different between weekend and others days?....Why in weekend i'm putting always in absurdely losers teams?

I'd like truely WG answer what is MM mechanics that originate this.

...yes...included long victory series in row in other days of week.

They have special MM designed to pick just on you at weekends.  They put developer time into making it all uneven just to troll you.
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

Summary:  OP expected to win; didn't win.

It's not about "expecting" to win... it's about losing 9 out of 10 battles. Especially when you actually do carry but the team is so bad that it's not enough.

And guess what? I just took my König out for a ride... Got placed as bottom tier, played the game like a total donkey and only did 17'000 damage, but we won the game :facepalm:

[ST-EU]
Supertester
82 posts
9,309 battles

Hm....  Who did come up with the superb idea to give 152mm guns with AP only, was in games with BB's and the poor RN cruisers that dared to shoot at me only bounced on the broadside, while i used HE shells and citadelled it,

1. I do mean that not having any HE that removes the chance of getting fires set removes the ship from the battle they have to hide. If they are lucky they might damage a destroyer if they are shooting it in the broadside.

2. How can a AP shell do any module damage.

3. Low AA ratings on most of the ships!!!!

And the only way to get a decent game in them you need a 15 or 18 skill captain.

• Cool 3

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,942 battles

They have special MM designed to pick just on you at weekends.  They put developer time into making it all uneven just to troll you.

Pls dont joke.

I'm seriously thinking there is something in MM routine that dont work correctly.

I have a degree and know statistics.

There is something who makes same ppl lose in weekend (obviously not only me). What is the parameter that allow it?

Edited by OOAndreasOO

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
217 posts
9,219 battles

To be honest, friday evenings are the best time to play WoWS. Mostly because most people I run in to are to some extend drunk. Makes for much more relaxed atmosphere. :)

Players
317 posts
4,678 battles

Hm....  Who did come up with the superb idea to give 152mm guns with AP only, was in games with BB's and the poor RN cruisers that dared to shoot at me only bounced on the broadside, while i used HE shells and citadelled it,

1. I do mean that not having any HE that removes the chance of getting fires set removes the ship from the battle they have to hide. If they are lucky they might damage a destroyer if they are shooting it in the broadside.

2. How can a AP shell do any module damage.

3. Low AA ratings on most of the ships!!!!

And the only way to get a decent game in them you need a 15 or 18 skill captain.

Confirmed - the whole line is retarded AP only is useless is a lot of situations.  It prevents you from doing any real damage that you would be able to do in any other ship which has HE.  I think it really needs looking at again because AP only with alterations isnt the answer at all, you can not adapt having only 1 type of ammo therefore are stuck either looking for DD's or other cruisers and trying to run away from BB because you can not do any damage to them not even make them think twice by having HE.
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,720 battles

Pls dont joke.

I'm seriously thinking there is something in MM routine that dont work correctly.

I have a degree and know statistics.

There is something who makes same ppl lose in weekend (obviously not only me). What is the parameter that allow it?

I'm sorry - I shouldn't joke.  Let me put it another way then:  You are being ridiculous.
  • Cool 2

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,942 battles

I'm sorry - I shouldn't joke.  Let me put it another way then:  You are being ridiculous.

ok, i'm ridicolous.

But i did it to report a (not only mine) game problem. Not to complain myself.

if WG says it's all right....it's all right also for me.

bye

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
164 posts
5,071 battles

Who is the guaranteed common denominator on your team? It's you right? Maybe it has something to do with yourself?

Seriously, we can all have a bad row of games, with bad matchmaking with teams of skilled players vs. teams of bad players.  When we win, all is good and no complaints. When we are on a losing streak bad karma does nothing to improve the situation. Thankfully in this game we have co-op battle mode. That is an almost guaranteed win playing against bots, at least at lower tiers. So if doing bad play the co-op mode instead. If not it is then best to take a short break from the game, and come back rejuvenated the next day. At least that is my experience from WOT where I have played a helluva lot of games.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
540 posts
4,964 battles

Who is the guaranteed common denominator on your team? It's you right?

To be fair, its also the game management system itself.

Thats why you cannot compare a WoWS player's apparent performance with that of, say, a football player. The player is not the only common denominator in a PC game.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,402 posts

Atleast I was fortunate enough to not get any of those stupid cyclones that for some reason limit my ships radio range :amazed:

Cyclones only appear in T7+ battles. It's acquisition range btw (well it's called spotting range now or something but still), not radio range; it's how far over the horizon the spotters on your own ship's masts can see. Ships are always in radio contact with each other; you never completely lose contact with them on the minimap, unlike in WoT.

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

Thankfully in this game we have co-op battle mode.

No need for co-op, I already get enough bots in my teams :trollface:

View Posthjsteg, on 20 October 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Who is the guaranteed common denominator on your team? It's you right? Maybe it has something to do with yourself?

Seriusly, you're going to sit here and preach how a 10% session winrate is because of me playing badly? In that case I wonder, could you please explain my overall 56% winrate? :hmm:

I'm aware that it's a bad streak. I'm not taking my tinfoil hat on and blaming WG, MM etc for it. That's the result of random matchmaking, but it is annoying as hell when it happens :angry:

It's acquisition range btw (well it's called spotting range now or something but still), not radio range; it's how far over the horizon the spotters on your own ship's masts can see. Ships are always in radio contact with each other; you never completely lose contact with them on the minimap, unlike in WoT.

I'm aware of how the game mechanics work, I've been playing this game since alpha. Let me explain:

You're in a cruiser and a destroyer is sailing 10 km away from your ship. You can't spot the destroyer yourself, but your allied destroyer is only 6 km away and spot it for you. Even though you can't spot the destroyer yourself, you can now target it and shoot at it because your allied destroyer is sending the coordinates of the destroyer to you by radio, allowing you to see and shoot it. The same applies to if you're in smoke or if you're behind an island.

Suddenly a cyclone appears, and this very logical game mechanic gets changed to something completely messed up. Sure, the spotting range gets reduced, that is fine (and logical), but even though your allies are within spotting range of other targets, you still can't target them because... yes because suddenly your radio has reduced range.

The explanation here is not aquisition range, because you don't need to spot targets yourself in order to shoot at them, and that is why I'm using the name radio range. And that is also why I hate cyclones.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

I think that "something" might be you.

Byeeeeeeeeee :honoring:

Seriously, we can all have a bad row of games, with bad matchmaking with teams of skilled players vs. teams of bad players.  When we win, all is good and no complaints. When we are on a losing streak bad karma does nothing to improve the situation. Thankfully in this game we have co-op battle mode. That is an almost guaranteed win playing against bots, at least at lower tiers. So if doing bad play the co-op mode instead. If not it is then best to take a short break from the game, and come back rejuvenated the next day. At least that is my experience from WOT where I have played a helluva lot of games.

Here come the WoWs gurus... en masse

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,720 battles

Here come the WoWs gurus... en masse

And here comes the tinfoil hat brigade.
  • Cool 1

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
164 posts
5,071 battles

No need for co-op, I already get enough bots in my teams :trollface:

Seriusly, you're going to sit here and preach how a 10% session winrate is because of me playing badly? In that case I wonder, could you please explain my overall 56% winrate? :hmm:

I'm aware that it's a bad streak. I'm not taking my tinfoil hat on and blaming WG, MM etc for it. That's the result of random matchmaking, but it is annoying as hell when it happens :angry:

Losing streaks are annoying for sure. It was not my intention to criticize your play, you are way superior to me. As someone later in the thread sarcastically said, " here comes the WoWs guru". I am not pretending anything, I am starting to learn this game. It was an advice based on previous experience from the tank game. Sometimes it is good to take a break, for your own good (blood pressure etc). I hope that the forums will have a friendly tone, and I am all for friendly advice, criticism and so forth.

Alpha Tester
194 posts
1,413 battles

Losing streaks are annoying for sure. It was not my intention to criticize your play, you are way superior to me. As someone later in the thread sarcastically said, " here comes the WoWs guru". I am not pretending anything, I am starting to learn this game. It was an advice based on previous experience from the tank game. Sometimes it is good to take a break, for your own good (blood pressure etc). I hope that the forums will have a friendly tone, and I am all for friendly advice, criticism and so forth.

No worries. And the break is already being taken... :P after 17 games and still only 4 wins I really can't be bothered anymore :angry:
  • Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

@OP

Go in, check if team wants to do tactics, if yes have a fun time, if no just sail around do damage and get ganked, new game and hope for a team that does tactics. Rinse and repeat. I've completely stopped caring about wins and losses now, or about teams that doesn't give two tosses. Out of f***, so zero given.