Mike_Chaffin

RN Cruisers...

First impressions  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Does the line meet your expectations?

• Seriously underpowered
    • Underpowered
    • Meh
    • Over powered
    • Monster

427 comments in this topic

Players
3,542 posts
7,297 battles

First game 6:02am

Say no more....

Besides screwed up screenshot, how exactly that differs from releasing German bottlesheeps?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Patch is up for 1 hour. More than enough time to legitimately judge the whole line.

Voted for Monster, because it sounds awesome and I don't like the butt of the Minotaur

• Cool 11

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

EMERALD T5

I guess if the destructive power is all you are interested in, then it is not so clever. Dispersion is quite bad.

However, from the off I was quite surprised about the speed. The blurb from WG said it was moderate; the thing was off like a racing snake down a drainpipe. Quite caught me napping. Traverse speed was also surprisingly good, and the rate of fire was up there with the German T3 to T5 cruisers. Torps are a bit slow to load too.

I can definitely live with this boat, although it is a steep learning curve.

Worth the wait? Oh yes 

Edited by The_Tyke

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
13,471 battles

The line is interesting... you're utterly helpless vs a battleship though.

Lawl, change that to "utterly helpless vs's anything a higher tier than you"

Edited by Blinks

Beta Tester
105 posts
11,151 battles

I`ve seen enough youtube vids to know these RN ships are squishy...but JEEZUUSSS!!!!!! In the hands of Mr.Average this is not good at all, very good players can overcome this problem but the rest of us mere mortals just don`t have the skills.

Having played up to T4 so far, I fail to see how the RN cruisers have a big enough advantage in anything to warrant being so badly squishy, especially as only having AP is not so good....any angling away or towards you means a severe drop in damage.

Maybe at higher tiers it becomes less of a problem, time will tell..........so far in the few matches I have played, I must say the RN cruisers are not so good.

To the BB captains out there...happy cruiser killing times are here so enjoy!!

Quick edit here....2 shells from a T5 battleship and I`m back to the harbor.....fail to see the balance here. Oh and I was`nt even within firing range of the battleship at the time.

One more thing, trading shots with another T4 RN cruiser at 9km...had to zoom OUT to see the ship I was firing at...the shell arcs are terrible. And just had a match where I lost 2/3 of my hp to a destroyer(guns only)

Unimpressive line so far, just not fun at all. However I will be continuing to grind my way up.....glutton for punishment/masichist

Edited by Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord
  • Cool 1

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
13,471 battles

It is very much a case of if you're fighting a BB your dead.

Can't HE them, can't angle against them you just... die.

Players
2,375 posts
15,503 battles

How on earth do you beat a 'bow/stern on' ship? Even destroyers are immune to your guns when angled.

8RMv5XV.jpg

Answer

With HE spam of course!

KOlhGik.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
3,542 posts
7,297 battles

How on earth do you beat a 'bow/stern on' ship? Even destroyers are immune to your guns when angled.

8RMv5XV.jpg

Answer

With HE spam of course!

KOlhGik.jpg

Secondaries?:popcorn:

[_FTD_]
Players
137 posts
16,824 battles

Good against a DD a tier lower than you. OK against a DD in same tier. You may as well make rude guestures at anything else.

OK, am only an average player, but so are most people.

Glad I did not waste too much Free XP, only jumped to Tier 4.

[BOBS]
[BOBS]
Beta Tester
116 posts
5,598 battles

battleships are just chewing my [edited]in these i cannot burn them and a good wallop from them and its good night....  :(

[-BT-]
Players
496 posts
3,130 battles

For as much as I saw them facing me, DPS is tremendous. Ok they only have AP and if you don't show broadside you're OK but we all know that sometimes you have to show broadside, you can't be face to everyone.

Well, had to turn my Gneisenau, a wild Fiji appeared. 5 salvos and 15 seconds was enough to eat my 22k HPs left. So ... ya.

Edited by Cadelanne

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,222 battles

Ok I went out in imperator to see how bad it was.

It's bad. 2 devastating strikes in the space of 2 salvoes. At least I got my kraken. High caliber. Confederate.... ok I will stop now. I have a conscience :D

To tier 3-4 RNCL players. Urgent advice!

You do not have smoke. You do not have armour. You won't be overpenned. Do not sail close to bbs. Do not sail predictably. Use cover. Don't be in the open if there is a bb that isn't engaged with someone else...

In the same game one of our Danaes came second in a tier 5 game. He avoided BBs (I told my team at the start this advice) he focussed on cruisers and dds.

Oh and you will shred dds but if they are showing you an angle make sure you aim at the deck. And if you do end up vs. A BB ambush them from cover with torps. YOLO in the open probably won't work.

From tier V you get smoke. Use premium smoke.

End of PSA :D

• Cool 3

Players
3,542 posts
7,297 battles

battleships are just chewing my [edited]in these i cannot burn them and a good wallop from them and its good night....  :(

ship circle of life:

new BB line is released - everyone grind BB, cruisers disappear, DD get by as half assed counter

new cruiser line is released - everyone grind cruisers. Battleships on the rise shortly after because of food abundance, cruisers are back to being roflstomped

new DD line is released - everyone grind them. Brave souls take cruisers to counter them, which again leads to BBs having fun

no matter who fights, BB win:popcorn:

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,222 battles

ship circle of life:

new BB line is released - everyone grind BB, cruisers disappear, DD get by as half assed counter

new cruiser line is released - everyone grind cruisers. Battleships on the rise shortly after because of food abundance, cruisers are back to being roflstomped

new DD line is released - everyone grind them. Brave souls take cruisers to counter them, which again leads to BBs having fun

no matter who fights, BB win:popcorn:

Until everyone gets to tier V+ and there is an abundance of smoke. Then I predict a forum meltdown as BBs can't see their food :D

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
287 posts
4,997 battles

I went with my Myoko today to face UK oposition...T7 ambushed me, took 10k away from me...I responded by 7k HE salvo, angled and that was literary end of fight - all I needed to do is to turn sonar on and stay angled. His T5 comrade was citadeled by my HE, also not able to do any harm to me.

So yes, its too early to judge them, but it is more than clear that they need special playstyle. Playing them like other CLs result in easy XP for any competent CA captain. Stying angled and out of range of their torps means staying safe. In response, your 203 guns need few salvos...

Edited by Dropman12

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,911 battles

I'm at Fiji and that's love at first sight. If she'd carry a couple more torps, I'd call one of my cats after her. The special AP is noticeable. You do bounce/shatter a lot but you can also land 6K salvo's on Colorado's. Leander is a bit weird. Not bad per se but certainly nothing stellar either. Tiers II-V all lack dps. Acceleration and turn is phenomenal. They feel like Porches, all of them. Try and play sneaky. Your concealment is crap so good luck with that though. Emerald and Danae are torp monsters if you can surprise your opponent. As for angled DD's (and angled anythings) make sure to NOT land your shots on the hull. Aim for the superstructure. You will still do minimal damage most of the time, but at least you will do something.

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,903 battles

it is happening :trollface:

guys I would recommand polishing your Nikolai

gID4y9J.jpg

• Cool 2

[GOON]
Beta Tester
25 posts
13,471 battles

Yeah, the emerald is... bad.

If you get thrown into a tier 7 match you may as well just suicide as you're throwing spitballs

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles

Ok I went out in imperator to see how bad it was.

It's bad. 2 devastating strikes in the space of 2 salvoes. At least I got my kraken. High caliber. Confederate.... ok I will stop now. I have a conscience :D

To tier 3-4 RNCL players. Urgent advice!

You do not have smoke. You do not have armour. You won't be overpenned. Do not sail close to bbs. Do not sail predictably. Use cover. Don't be in the open if there is a bb that isn't engaged with someone else...

In the same game one of our Danaes came second in a tier 5 game. He avoided BBs (I told my team at the start this advice) he focussed on cruisers and dds.

Oh and you will shred dds but if they are showing you an angle make sure you aim at the deck. And if you do end up vs. A BB ambush them from cover with torps. YOLO in the open probably won't work.

From tier V you get smoke. Use premium smoke.

End of PSA :D

I approve! :D

I will do the same...no, don't worries, i for one am not a filthy seal clubber - i am a nice seal clubber, charming, and a good looking one too and i don't do it for selfish reasons like free flags or even to stet pad my stats.

Oh NO Sir! I do it for balance of course, as the MM will be clustered with RN Cruisers and someone has to carry the BB torch and blast them! ^^

I will balance the $hit out of the MM.

• Cool 1