Sign in to follow this  
LeutnantFulvus

Just returned after a lon absence, how do I play german BBs?

11 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
193 posts
1,003 battles

I didn't play this game since a long time and now returned. I noticed that the german BBs are now here. Since I am german, I am very hyped and just have to play them! But: How do you play them?

Players
8 posts
7,768 battles

As _cosmo put it, brawl don't snipe. German BB's have some of the best armour in game, good speed for their tier, smaller guns with high velocity/better reloads, but bad sigma values, lots of good secondaries. From the Gneisenau up they become very fast(all are 30kn at the leaset), with good ruther shift times but large turning circles. Use ilands for cover and get in close, you can't be citadeld unless verry far away something like 17-18 plus km or if they catch you in a turn and they manage to shoot your underside (where the red paint starts). At tier 7 you also have torpedo tubes with very good firing arks and three 13.7000 damage torps with 6km range. Torpedo protection is bad on all the ships up to T10 included, but from t8 u get the german hydro and this aleviates the problem somehow, also from t8 u get 7km stock range on your secondaries with 10.6 for full secondaries buit(same as Yamato). If you stay with the team or at least some of the ships and u push tanking damage for them you will normally do OK, just be carefull not to remain alone because while you can't get citadeld geting focused fire will melt your HP pool. The closer you get to the enmy the more dangerous you become, if you have the Tirpitz basically from t7 upwords plays the same without torps(besides t7 which has them).

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Good luck and lots of fun!

Edited by NihalRainstorm
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

Free XP a Bismarck, get a 15 point captain and a full secondary build. Laugh as you obliterate any BB at T8 or less as you drive at them heavily angled bouncing their shells whilst cooking sausages on their BB decks.

Players
324 posts
1,941 battles

You certainly picked the right time to play them. The new Royal Navy cruiser line is here, and the undersized guns of German BBs are perfect for killing them.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

You certainly picked the right time to play them. The new Royal Navy cruiser line is here, and the undersized guns of German BBs are perfect for killing them.

Except the Bayern though :P about half my hits with it are overpens :sceptic:

Players
324 posts
1,941 battles

Bayern has oversized guns for its tier - every other T6 BB, other than Warspite, has 14" guns or lower. I bet you can citadel RN CLs with HE though... :trollface:

[BUSHI]
Players
352 posts
3,872 battles

As Negativvv already said. Free XP to the Bismarck, get full secondary build, and enjoy one of the most "balanced" ships in the game... The others are OK, but for me the Bayern is a doo doo. 

Sign in to follow this