Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

Want aggressive Cruisers?...Just a [Proposal]

11 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
24,006 battles

Dear WG.

You introduced the upgrade "Steering gear modification 2" to make high tiers Cruisers gameplay more "Aggressive":izmena:

I tried the upgrade on my cruisers...and NO...IMO it doesent work.:facepalm:

Yes...it works to awoid shots when your cruiser run away under mortal fire of BBs...But that's not what i mean an "Aggressive" gameplay!!!

Why "Steering gear modification 2" dont help Cruisers to have an "Aggressive" gameplay?

It's simple: what need to have a ship who turn faster, if you still have turrets so slow?

What need turn in few seconds if you have always to wait a lot of seconds to align turrets for fire?

That's why "Steering gear modification 2" is actually useless, particularly for CA with slow turrets.

Then that's my simple proposal:

Divide in 3 sectors the skill "Expert marksman"

+2.5 deg/sec up to cal 139

+1.6 deg/sec up to cal 219

+0.7 deg/sec over

Edited by OOAndreasOO
  • Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles

Use the rudder to align the turrets.

Jink left to avoid shots. Jink right again to realign turrets.

• Cool 1

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

It depends on the cruiser. On DM, Moskva and Hindi it can work. As we already discussed here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63201-new-cruiser-rudder-shift-module/

Trick is combining it with Propulsion Mod 2. Then you can truly WASD hax for days. :B

Sure did change Des Moines for me. And few others liked it on their cruisers.

On Zao full stealth is still more viable.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Use the rudder to align the turrets.

Jink left to avoid shots. Jink right again to realign turrets.

Wrong, just so wrong. :facepalm:

Its Jink right to avoid shots. Jink left again to realign turrets. Simples. :popcorn:

Got it? :smart_fish:

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

The only thing that can make cruisers play aggressive and become viable for the masses is to impose a 3 ship hardcap on capital ships so a maximum of 3 BBs or any combination of BBs and CVs - there is no other way IMO as cruisers are simply not survivable enough due to too high hit rates from BBs.

• Cool 3

Players
356 posts
11,330 battles

The buffed Expert Marksman skill would be a nice tool, but the rudder upgrade and WASD hax is still better, but i'm sure we could find a good use for faster turrets anyway.

And it is actually a valid point as the Expert Marksman skill only really buffs DD guns while cruiser and BB's have to share the same increase in turret speed, but as cruisers turn more heavily it would be nice for the turrets to keep up or when rotating them to the other side, and faster turrets can only be seen as a big plus.

So i like the poposal alot, but WG have to have had this thought too, and they also stated earlier they would buff cruisers some more, but what it could be we'll have to wait and see about.

But buffed cruiser turret speed could also upset the balance in the game as cruiser would be able to fire more shells on targets even when dodging and changing targets faster etc. so could be good and could be bad, and BB players will just be upset anyway.

Beta Tester
722 posts
11,958 battles

Just start by fixing the absolutely retarded turret rotation speed of the Mogami' 155's. Then have a look at every single CA that has turrets turning slower than Scharnhorst and buff them. All of them. Second take a good long look at any weirdly placed lifeboat, aa-placement or useless deck kit that prevents turrets from having good angles for the sake of masochistic play. Fire everybody who was involved with placing that junk and fix it. Last but not least, accept that the individuals in charge of the captain skills are clearly incompetent. Fire them and hire a trained cat or dog. It will do a better job at coming up with new skills 100% guaranteed. Give it a cookie or a nice piece of salmon if it manages to come up with more than 2 skills that are actually useful for CA players.

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Hmm, I was aggressive with cruisers before this rudder crap and will continue to play this way. The problem is the amount of cowards, which will never change.

[HF_30]
Players
1,320 posts

The only thing that can make cruisers play aggressive and become viable for the masses is to impose a 3 ship hardcap on capital ships so a maximum of 3 BBs or any combination of BBs and CVs - there is no other way IMO as cruisers are simply not survivable enough due to too high hit rates from BBs.

Exactly that. Why treat symptoms when you can easily remove the root cause of the problem? There's nothing wrong with cruisers, nor is there with battleships, it's just too many of their hardcounters around. Without the acknowledgement of that fact it'll be just endless tinkering. I'm pretty much for parity in terms of tonnage, 1 BB equals two cruiser equals four DDs. Seeing how cruisers and DDs have a lot more variety in the classes (a fact MM takes into consideration for DDs, should be the same for cruisers probably) that provides additional, softer counters. 

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Give it a cookie or a nice piece of salmon if it manages to come up with more than 2 skills that are actually useful for CA players.

I'm assuming you're including 'Demo Expert' for British cruisers in that :trollface:

Sign in to follow this