Sign in to follow this  
Tivook

Split Topic: Gameplay > The World of Warships Modpack!

27 comments in this topic

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

I will defend any mod in the modpack from those who make claims that those use them are cheating ( or even morally wrong ). You can call it 3rd party all you want, it's WG's ( you know what those letters stand for right? ) official modpack. That's no longer 3rd party 'friend'. 

And if the game is so 'dumb' why the heck are you not better then me? 

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation.~RogDodgeUK

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
quoted post removed

The comparison you make here is beyond stupid, have a report. ^^

I not sure where exactly the cheat in this pack is, but i guess there doesn't actually has to be one. ^^

Also, this modpack is the official WG modpack, and once folks let that sink in, i assume this cheat discussion will end...for a while.

But of course there are those who have to have their own little witch hunt now an then. ^^

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
quoted post removed

[edited]

"Dumbing down" means overly simplifying certain things and I feel the game is going in that direction to make things easier for new players (different shell colors and smoke boundaries are an example of that in my opinion). This might help to grow the playerbase but takes away an element of depth.

Also, if you use stats as an argument, you should perhaps learn to read them. Hint: compare the ships we both have.

Really? HE and AP always had different colors, but for colorblind people like me the contrast was not good enough. It's a bit better now in vanilla client. But, yes, that's 'dumbing the game down' right :rolleyes:

Smoke boundaries should have been in the client from the start, if you think it 'makes the game dumb' then yeah :rolleyes:

And all I know is you seem to have skipped an awful lot, seems you think only higher tier is fun to play. To each his own I guess..

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.~RogDodgeUK

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

Enjoy your forum ban, don't expect a reply to crap like that.

Also can you whiners please stop polluting an official thread about an official modpack with your 'ethical' crying?

Really? HE and AP always had different colors, but for colorblind people like me the contrast was not good enough. It's a bit better now in vanilla client. But, yes, that's 'dumbing the game down' right :rolleyes:

Smoke boundaries should have been in the client from the start, if you think it 'makes the game dumb' then yeah :rolleyes:

And all I know is you seem to have skipped an awful lot, seems you think only higher tier is fun to play. To each his own I guess..

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation.~RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I don't care what you think, mods will clean ur crap up soon anyway. 

For completion sake: your opinion is noted and discarded as being totally irrelevant. Wargaming decides which mods go in the official modpack, and any ffin player which accuses anyone of cheating for using mods from said modpack should be banned from this forum for being utterly incompetent trolls. 

Edited by mtm78

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

I don't care what you think, mods will clean ur crap up soon anyway. 

For completion sake: your opinion is noted and discarded as being totally irrelevant. Wargaming decides which mods go in the official modpack, and any ffin player which accuses anyone of cheating for using mods from said modpack should be banned from this forum for being utterly incompetent trolls. 

Of course you don't, how could you ever provide a valid argument now that I've proven that you're logic is #fail ?

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I've given enough arguments but you trolls ( comparing me with someone who guarded concentration camps... ur such a coward to make such accusations to people on the internet man.... such a coward ) don't listen anyway.

I will defend any mod in the modpack from those who make claims that those use them are cheating ( or even morally wrong ). You can call it 3rd party all you want, it's WG's ( you know what those letters stand for right? ) official modpack. That's no longer 3rd party 'friend'. 

And if the game is so 'dumb' why the heck are you not better then me? 

o, what is stopping you from using officially sanctioned modifications? Moral high ground? Don't make me laugh ;)

It changes zoom but it doesn't change dispersion, it's actually more useful to be able to zoom OUT further then to zoom in further then vanilla allows. 

If you want more arguments, come to the other thread and read them there... as I said, I expect mods to swing by soon anyway and clean some of the crap up here. 

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

I've given enough arguments but you trolls ( comparing me with someone who guarded concentration camps... ur such a coward to make such accusations to people on the internet man.... such a coward ) don't listen anyway.

If you want more arguments, come to the other thread and read them there... as I said, I expect mods to swing by soon anyway and clean some of the crap up here. 

My argument is harsh but it's still a valid one because other games would have you banned instantly for using em, the fact that WG is sanctioning them is just mind boggling because it's obvious that you gain an edge over those who don't use em. You must see that!

Simple question: do you get an edge over those who don't have these mods? Even a very small edge is still an edge. Your win rate and stats don't mean anything if you sail with an edge that most of the playerbase doesn't have.

Is murder ok if it's sanctioned? Is stealing ok? In North Korea death penalty without a fair trial is sanctioned by the state, doesn't mean that the rest of the 195 countries think that way. I'd argue that the same goes in most games.

Edited by Tivook

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

My argument is harsh but it's still a valid one because other games would have you banned instantly for using em, the fact that WG is sanctioning them is just mind boggling because it's obvious that you gain an edge over those who don't. You must see that!

Simple question: do you get an edge over those who don't have these mods? Even a very small edge is still an edge. Your win rate and stats don't mean anything if you sail with an edge that most of the playerbase doesn't have.

Is murder ok if it's sanctioned? Is stealing ok? In North Korea death penalty without a fair trial is sanctioned by the state, doesn't mean that the rest of the 195 countries think that way. I'd argue that the same goes in most games.

You have proven only one thing: that you are talking stupid bull$hit.

None of these mods gives you a clear advantage whatsoever, so pls stop that nonsense right there.

And your comparisons are so beyond what's appropriate, it boggles the mind.

Pulling out comparisons to murder, Nazi camps and whatever makes you look like a tool. You're arguments have no real foundation and you resort to insulting and stupid means to further your ends.

Enjoy your second report.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

My argument is harsh but it's still a valid one because other games would have you banned instantly for using em, the fact that WG is sanctioning them is just mind boggling because it's obvious that you gain an edge over those who don't. You must see that!

There is a difference between harsh and 'over the top'. 

And yes, I think some mods do give me an edge, or at the very least make me feel more comfortable while playing ( basically for me this is the minimap mod, used to be the same with colored tracers as I'm colorblind and the default contrast between HE and AP was not visible to me. And smoke boundaries when playing DD's for instance. )

But, smoke boundaries is now in vanilla game, minimap with ship names and last position is the same as in WoT, eventually I am sure it will be in the vanilla client. WG even increased contrast between vanilla HE and AP tracers ( not enough but it's workable now at least ). That is what WG always does, and it's their prerogative to deal with modifications in any way they deem fitting. That includes an official modpack with mods which might or might not have an impact while playing, and imo this is not ethically challenging as these mods while not in the vanilla client, are available in an officially WG sanctioned modpack. 

That is where this resolves around: officially sanctioned. You can have moral reservations, and no one will challenge you for them. But you can equally not challenge players which make use of an officially sanctioned modification. If you want to attack people, attack WG, not players. But hey, you know that won't get you anywhere, so attacking the morality of your fellow players is more engaging for you, which I find rather saddening. 

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

There is a difference between harsh and 'over the top'. 

And yes, I think some mods do give me an edge, or at the very least make me feel more comfortable while playing ( basically for me this is the minimap mod, used to be the same with colored tracers as I'm colorblind and the default contrast between HE and AP was not visible to me. And smoke boundaries when playing DD's for instance. )

But, smoke boundaries is now in vanilla game, minimap with ship names and last position is the same as in WoT, eventually I am sure it will be in the vanilla client. WG even increased contrast between vanilla HE and AP tracers ( not enough but it's workable now at least ). That is what WG always does, and it's their prerogative to deal with modifications in any way they deem fitting. That includes an official modpack with mods which might or might not have an impact while playing, and imo this is not ethically challenging as these mods while not in the vanilla client, are available in an officially WG sanctioned modpack. 

That is where this resolves around: officially sanctioned. You can have moral reservations, and no one will challenge you for them. But you can equally not challenge players which make use of an officially sanctioned modification. If you want to attack people, attack WG, not players. But hey, you know that won't get you anywhere, so attacking the morality of your fellow players is more engaging for you, which I find rather saddening. 

Oh so you do get an edge over players who doesn't use these mods? Interesting! Funnily enough you didn't mention any of the ones that I mentioned however I bet that you still use them, I guess you're too proud to admit that because it'd make you look bad.

Officially sanctioned my [edited]. So if auto aim or a tracer that shows you where to shoot was sanctioned you'd be all over it? What about a see all ships mod? Where do we stop and say enough is enough?

These mods are over the top for sure, you're just hiding your low [edited]morals behind the word sanctioned.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Like I said, your opinion is noted and subsequently thrown in the garbage because it's inconsequential what your opinion on the matter is. No matter how much more personal insults you'll be throwing around, you're not worth more time.

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

Like I said, your opinion is noted and subsequently thrown in the garbage because it's inconsequential what your opinion on the matter is. No matter how much more personal insults you'll be throwing around, you're not worth more time.

[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

quoted post removed

Enjoy the reports you've accumulated in this thread, and stop blaming your failing in game on the 'cheats' of others as the issue is more like a wetware issue. 

Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

Enjoy the reports you've accumulated in this thread, and stop blaming your failing in game on the 'cheats' of others as the issue is more like a wetware issue. 

Look I know you live in front of your computer because your entire focus is based around the fact that people have reported me. Like I care about that? It's a frickin game you addicted fool.

Nobody cares about your ingame stats either especially since you acknowledge that mods give you a significant edge. Just scrap your signature, it proves nothing.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

<blah blah blah> you addicted fool.

<blah blah blah> since you acknowledge that mods give you a significant edge. Just scrap your signature, it proves nothing.

So you also tell lies a lot? Guess your parents didn't do such a good job at raising you. 

Now where are those mods when they're needed..... 

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

So you also tell lies a lot? Guess your parents didn't do such a good job at raising you. 

Now where are those mods when they're needed..... 

[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

quoted post removed

Could you please elaborate on why we should meet in real life? I mean, are you saying you want to do something you can't do with words... :yes_cap:

Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

Could you please elaborate on why we should meet in real life? I mean, are you saying you want to do something you can't do with words... :yes_cap:

[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles
[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

Oh so you do get an edge over players who doesn't use these mods? Interesting! Funnily enough you didn't mention any of the ones that I mentioned however I bet that you still use them, I guess you're too proud to admit that because it'd make you look bad.

Officially sanctioned my [edited]. So if auto aim or a tracer that shows you where to shoot was sanctioned you'd be all over it? What about a see all ships mod? Where do we stop and say enough is enough?

These mods are over the top for sure, you're just hiding your low [edited]morals behind the word sanctioned.

Neither of the mods you mentioned gives a real edge. The default zoom levels are enough and any good player will know roughly what angle an enemy is at. In fact I had the mod that show angles of enemy ships once, it just distracted me instead of helping so I deinstalled it again.

Look I know you live in front of your computer because your entire focus is based around the fact that people have reported me. Like I care about that? It's a frickin game you addicted fool.

Nobody cares about your ingame stats either especially since you acknowledge that mods give you a significant edge. Just scrap your signature, it proves nothing.

If you compare people on forums with Nazis it's likely that your the obsessed one, not the person who you are arguing with.

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

Neither of the mods you mentioned gives a real edge. The default zoom levels are enough and any good player will know roughly what angle an enemy is at. In fact I had the mod that show angles of enemy ships once, it just distracted me instead of helping so I deinstalled it again.

If you compare people on forums with Nazis it's likely that your the obsessed one, not the person who you are arguing with.

Please ask yourself why these mods exist if everything is already good enough. These mods weren't created to add another level of difficulty to players, they were created to give players an edge.

It's rather obvious that a smart person capable of adapting to mods will make use of the angle mod and also the zoom mod to further his performance.

The zoom mod could easily be used to zoom in on other ships closing in to see when that player takes control over his torpedos and also roughly calculate in which direction he launched them and then take evasive actions. Now if that isn't an edge then I don't know what.

I've personally done this with the regular zoom when the enemy torp ship was very close but with 20x you could utilize this method at any distance.

The angle mod speaks for itself, I shouldn't have to explain that.

Edited by Tivook

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,082 battles

Please ask yourself why these mods exist if everything is already good enough. These mods weren't created to add another level of difficulty to players, they were created to give players an edge.

It's rather obvious that a smart person capable of adapting to mods will make use of the angle mod and also the zoom mod to further his performance.

The zoom mod could easily be used to zoom in on other ships closing in to see when that player takes control over his torpedos and also roughly calculate in which direction he launched them and then take evasive actions. Now if that isn't an edge then I don't know what.

I've personally done this with the regular zoom when the enemy torp ship was very close but with 20x you could utilize this method at any distance.

The angle mod speaks for itself, I shouldn't have to explain that.

1. Please ask yourself why these mods exist if everything is already good enough.

A. Everything is not good enough (for the devs and game players), as otherwise this game would not get updated and with that improved on a constant basis.

2. These mods weren't created to add another level of difficulty to players, they were created to give players an edge.

A. Wrong. These mods give graphical improvements over stock, not to give players an 'edge'.

3. It's rather obvious that a smart person capable of adapting to mods will make use of the angle mod and also the zoom mod to further his performance.

A. Again wrong. The 'navigator mod' merely adds some graphical niceties over stock (what you see in the minimap) and as for zoom, that only gives preferable views for the user not to further performance.

4. The zoom mod could easily be used to zoom in on other ships closing in to see when that player takes control over his torpedos and also roughly calculate in which direction he launched them and then take evasive actions. Now if that isn't an edge then I don't know what.

A. Half answered above. Any half skilled person using the plain vanilla scope view would see torps launched (from actively visible ships), the only time you would not see them launched would be by ships with long range torps, but then you would not see the ships anyway (unless detected by another ally). No 'edge' there.

I have posted in another similar thread and I use this analogy; 

Comparing a free bus and walking. If you choose to walk and not take the free bus you are not in a position to complain about those that do take the free bus.

Remember, if you enjoy walking never complain about the free bus, you had that choice as well..............

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

1. Please ask yourself why these mods exist if everything is already good enough.

A. Everything is not good enough (for the devs and game players), as otherwise this game would not get updated and with that improved on a constant basis.

2. These mods weren't created to add another level of difficulty to players, they were created to give players an edge.

A. Wrong. These mods give graphical improvements over stock, not to give players an 'edge'.

3. It's rather obvious that a smart person capable of adapting to mods will make use of the angle mod and also the zoom mod to further his performance.

A. Again wrong. The 'navigator mod' merely adds some graphical niceties over stock (what you see in the minimap) and as for zoom, that only gives preferable views for the user not to further performance.

4. The zoom mod could easily be used to zoom in on other ships closing in to see when that player takes control over his torpedos and also roughly calculate in which direction he launched them and then take evasive actions. Now if that isn't an edge then I don't know what.

A. Half answered above. Any half skilled person using the plain vanilla scope view would see torps launched (from actively visible ships), the only time you would not see them launched would be by ships with long range torps, but then you would not see the ships anyway (unless detected by another ally). No 'edge' there.

I have posted in another similar thread and I use this analogy; 

Comparing a free bus and walking. If you choose to walk and not take the free bus you are not in a position to complain about those that do take the free bus.

Remember, if you enjoy walking never complain about the free bus, you had that choice as well..............

The problem with you is that you have problems reading which makes it difficult for you to fully grasp my arguments, therefore I will not spend time responding to your nonsense.

A person who doesn't grasp that the angle mod provides players with an edge but rather considers it a cosmetic upgrade is just not someone I wish to talk to.

Edited by Tivook

[HF_30]
Players
1,318 posts

Holy shite,  get off your horse, noble knight, and talk to us common folks in plain language we can understand... Sheeeeesh... Seriously dude, I can absolutely see where you're coming from, but you are doing neither yourself nor your cause any favors with an attitude like that. As for the mod, like it or not, but better get used to it. Highly likely it will end up in the game, since WG are all for lowering skill requirements and broadening their customer base of casual gamers, who will shell out to get into higher tiers and definitely need some help to survive there. Friggin' fornication, just look at the Derpitz... and that one has turtleback armor... Fully expect this to be implemented within the next two or three month, don't like it one bit.