Ben_Dust

Can too much PvE trigger a 4.07 violation?

18 comments in this topic

[ROHAN]
Players
13 posts
4,250 battles

Today my account was locked for the following: 4.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle. (Excessive and repetitive passive play)

The only things I can think of that I've done wrong is I have only played PvE since joining wow about 3 weeks ago. This is because I want to at least not suck at the game before I try PvP. Could this have triggered the 4.07 violation?

The only other thing I have done is map left and right rudder in the game's control options to the 2 extra side buttons on my mouse.

I've asked wargaming for the specifics of the violation, but they won't give any more detail than the 4.07 violation.

To be clear, I am definately not knowingly violating 4.07. I wouldn't even know how to use bots and the only clickers i know of are in The Longest Day and the Last of Us.

Players
233 posts
4,871 battles

I can't see how this could be linked to playing Co-OP, I've got far more of those matches than you and also just played that mode to start with for similar reasons.

"Passive play" usually refers to bots/AFKers and your stats look like you have been fully participating in your battles so can't really see where that charge has come from. This is very strange TBH.

One thing, are you sure it was 4.04 and not 4.07? I looked up the game rules & the wording seems to match that one not the other: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/forum-120/announcement-17-world-of-warships-game-rules/

Hope you can get this sorted out, probably best to pursue with Support though...

[ROHAN]
Players
13 posts
4,250 battles

Thanks. Edited to 4.07. I am at a loss as to what I have done. It's a second hand PC so maybe there is something on it I don't know about. I'll try and check with the seller. Shame as I bought it specifically to play warships and so far I am really enjoying it. I have contacted support twice, but they have made it clear - no appeals. I was looking forward to the british cruiser line tomorrow. If my account gets locked again, it's permanent, so I will have to head off back to the ps4 :(

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

It's a second hand PC so maybe there is something on it I don't know about.

Did it come with clean operating system install and not some "cleaned from user data" OS?

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

maybe the game considers the extra mouse buttons to be illigal? idk.. support should be more helpful with this, but it's EU we're talking about.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

maybe the game considers the extra mouse buttons to be illigal?

I got this mouse - http://static.komputronik.pl/product-picture/6/MYSZA4XL750BFGREEN-1.png

That red button is double click (perfect to shot whole salvo).

I'm using it all the time and did not get any warning or anything.

My guess is that OP is using some illegal mods, is often AFK.

Or... he is such a bad player that he's camping, do not shot at all etc. This would be nice because every day we see some wierd players that are on tier X and do not know what to do.

Or he did not bought anything from premium shop :trollface:

[VOC]
Players
169 posts
3,280 battles

Today my account was locked for the following: 4.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle. (Excessive and repetitive passive play)

The only things I can think of that I've done wrong is I have only played PvE since joining wow about 3 weeks ago. This is because I want to at least not suck at the game before I try PvP. Could this have triggered the 4.07 violation?

The only other thing I have done is map left and right rudder in the game's control options to the 2 extra side buttons on my mouse.

I've asked wargaming for the specifics of the violation, but they won't give any more detail than the 4.07 violation.

To be clear, I am definately not knowingly violating 4.07. I wouldn't even know how to use bots and the only clickers i know of are in The Longest Day and the Last of Us.

Same problem here some time ago...........but then with WOT(thats Tanks you Seadawgs)

just keep informing WG and send in tickets

at the end 3weeks the noticed it was an automated system sorry blablabla and three weeks premiun 

Players
233 posts
4,871 battles

My guess is that OP is using some illegal mods, is often AFK.

Or... he is such a bad player that he's camping, do not shot at all etc. This would be nice because every day we see some wierd players that are on tier X and do not know what to do.

That's a really unhelpful post. If you take the trouble to look at his stats you will see he's clearly not AFK or otherwise not contributing.

Anyway, OP, various unlikely but possible things most of which have already been suggested by others:

- For some mad reason WG are interpreting your control key remapping to your mouse as a macro. This doesn't really make sense but it's possible, I'd reset things to default just in case.

- Your second hand PC has some sinister software on it that has set off alarm bells. That seems very unlikely unless the previous owner also played WoWs, again it's possible, however. If this is the case God knows what else is on there and I'd thoroughly check the machine out for malware, you might have bigger problems you are currently unaware of.

- You have innocently installed some mod WG don't like. To be safe I'd remove any mods, though I doubt it's this either as I think you would have mentioned mods by now.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

That's a really unhelpful post.

Like reply from support that do not specify what OP has done. So he went to forum to let us speculate about that :P

I do not think that this situation is helpful for OP and the rest of our community.

Yesterday I had a Roon teammate that was just camping behind all the team. He stood behind islands and fire just couple times for the whole battle. His average dmg is 15k. On IX tier.

Is this player AFK? Nope. Is he a bot. Don't think so - bots are better.

Do that kind of players should play randoms? I do not think so.

So if WG starts blocking that kind of accounts I just give a big THANK YOU WG (which I do not think is going to happen)

Yes we all have bad days, bad teams, but some players should not go higher then II tier or even CoOp mode and I believe you kind agree with it.

:honoring:

Players
233 posts
4,871 battles

Like reply from support that do not specify what OP has done. So he went to forum to let us speculate about that :P

I do not think that this situation is helpful for OP and the rest of our community.

Yesterday I had a Roon teammate that was just camping behind all the team. He stood behind islands and fire just couple times for the whole battle. His average dmg is 15k. On IX tier.

Is this player AFK? Nope. Is he a bot. Don't think so - bots are better.

Do that kind of players should play randoms? I do not think so.

So if WG starts blocking that kind of accounts I just give a big THANK YOU WG (which I do not think is going to happen)

Yes we all have bad days, bad teams, but some players should not go higher then II tier or even CoOp mode and I believe you kind agree with it.

:honoring:

Fair points, sorry for the salvo I fired in your direction there, Ghashpl. Might have got a bit carried away with my "must protect the newbies" thing ...

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Fair points, sorry for the salvo I fired in your direction there, Ghashpl. Might have got a bit carried away with my "must protect the newbies" thing ...

No problem. I tend to help people too.

Cheers

[ROHAN]
Players
13 posts
4,250 battles

Thank you all for the helpful posts. To be clear I am not using bots or afk etc. If I was then the solution would be obvious. I am not asking people to speculate - i raised this issue to see if anybody else had a similar experience and solution. However, based on the advice, I am going to change how I am playing. Going to jump in to PvP, and spend some of the exp and currency I've built up. I've unmapped the mouse keys too. The PC seller has confirmed there is nothing on the PC, but I have uninstalled the framerate monitor/ limiter just in case. Finally, I might just pick up that premium warspite I have my eyes on. Hopefully, that will make sure wargaming don't think I am using coop to bot/ afk farm exp/ currency.

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles

just keep messaging support, and telling them that they're mistaken

Don't expect to have a nice experience just because they're support- here's an example of their amazing ability to distinguish between tanks and ships, even though they claim to have done a "thorough" investigation.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,037 battles

write email to one of the community mangers, they can bypass the guys at support time to time.

In most cases they will help you or at least provide with more clarification

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

Don't expect to have a nice experience just because they're support- here's an example of their amazing ability to distinguish between tanks and ships, even though they claim to have done a "thorough" investigation.

How exactly are you blaming support for this?

You get chat banned regularily enough to get banned on several games at once and chain the bans back to back within hours.

I don't consider myself a Saint in that regard, and I've been chat banned once in my 6.5 years of playing a WG product.

Then you're abrassive as **** to the support, and try to contest the fact that you were banned because of a single battle. You weren't.

They spelt it out for you, you got chat banned YET AGAIN because within hours of being unbanned, you were reported in several battles.

It's a damn good thing you're perma chat banned from WoT, and well on your way to being so on WoWS.

Beta Tester
67 posts

Just how nasty you've been for receiving a permanent ban in WoT!? I mean, I play that game from the start, received a lot (I admit, very well deserved) chat bans but my longest was 3 days. Please, please enlighten me cuz I can be quite the nasty creature especially on battle chat :) And anyway, NEVER appeal against an automatic ban received by complaints.

[ROHAN]
Players
13 posts
4,250 battles

Going to close this post  - I've been playing almost exclusively in PvP without issue for a couple of months or so. Looks like it'll remain a mystery. To those who may be putting off PVP, I can highly recommend it. It's more challenging, but also more rewarding :) 

One thing I did change though was to deactivate my onscreen rivatuner frame rate on screen display/ cap as I think this could be detected as an issue - it even has an option in the UI to 'stealth' it which I suspect means it can cause problems . 

Edited by Ben_Dust